You'll never guess ...

Old April 2nd 10, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default You'll never guess ...

If you guessed for a week you'd never guess where I found Chloe this
morning: in the heating duct under the kitchen floor.

When I walked into the kitchen this morning, I immeditely saw that both
floor vents had been pulled out and CJ had his head and shoulders down one
of them. I pulled him out and put the vents back. Latter, I noticed one
of them was bouncing up and down. I removed it and Chloe climbed out.

Actually, my office mate almost guessed on the first try: he guessed the
return duct instead of the delivery duct. I'm prettu sure they can't
remove the return duct grill - it's steel and heavy while the delivery
ducts in the kitchen are plastic and light.

--
T.E.D. )

Old April 2nd 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Heh...reminds me of when Tripper and Mouser were "teenagers".
I walked in the kitchen, and saw Mouser sitting next to the
heat register hole. "Hole" because some little cleverclaws had
pulled the register vent out and it was sitting next to the hole
as well.

I looked at Mouser and said "Where's your brother?" Mouser looked
at the hole.

Getting visions of having to cut the ceiling open to get one errant
black cat out, I looked down the hole in time to see a black tail tip
going the "good" way in to the duct (as in towards another vent, *not*
towards the heat/AC unit).

I said "Tripper, get your furry black butt out of there!"

Amazingly enough, he listened, and wiggled backwards until he could
pop his head out of the hole and climb out, a little dusty, but
otherwise more annoyed that I'd interrupted his adventure than
anything else.

Those two are why I had to put child proof latches on the
kitchen cabinets...

Purrs-

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

Old April 3rd 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:11:08 -0400, Chris H wrote:

Those two are why I had to put child proof latches on the kitchen
cabinets...

Cabinets and some drawers.

Fortunately, my duct is large enough, and Chloe is small enough, that she
can turn around.

All the vents were in place when I got home from work.

--
Ted Davis )
Old April 3rd 10, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Chris H wrote:
Heh...reminds me of when Tripper and Mouser were "teenagers".
I walked in the kitchen, and saw Mouser sitting next to the
heat register hole. "Hole" because some little cleverclaws had
pulled the register vent out and it was sitting next to the hole
as well.

This, in turn, reminds me of how Frank and Nikki used to remove the
cover from the floor drain in the shower stall and stuff toys down the
drain.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 3rd 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Apr 2, 5:58*am, Ted Davis wrote:
If you guessed for a week you'd never guess where I found Chloe this
morning: in the heating duct under the kitchen floor.

When I walked into the kitchen this morning, I immeditely saw that both
floor vents had been pulled out and CJ had his head and shoulders down one
of them. *I pulled him out and put the vents back. *Latter, I noticed one
of them was bouncing up and down. *I removed it and Chloe climbed out.

Actually, my office mate almost guessed on the first try: he guessed the
return duct instead of the delivery duct. *I'm prettu sure they can't
remove the return duct grill - it's steel and heavy while the delivery
ducts in the kitchen are plastic and light.

--
T.E.D. )

Reminds when I opened the cabinet under the bathroom sink to get
plastic bags to change the litter boxes.

When I was done changing them, i shut the cabinet.

Few minutes later I was at my desk when i heard a tapping sound.
Coming from the bathroom.

I look in the bathroom and one of the cabinet doors was bouncing open
and closed. I opened the cabinet and Mischief walked out.

silly cat....

Kristi
Old April 3rd 10, 06:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Chris H wrote:
Heh...reminds me of when Tripper and Mouser were "teenagers".
I walked in the kitchen, and saw Mouser sitting next to the
heat register hole. "Hole" because some little cleverclaws had
pulled the register vent out and it was sitting next to the hole
as well.

This, in turn, reminds me of how Frank and Nikki used to remove the
cover from the floor drain in the shower stall and stuff toys down the
drain.

I'd like to hear you explaining that to the management at your apartment
building when your drain backed up.

Joyce

--
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
stroke of luck. -- the Dalai Lama
Old April 3rd 10, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 07:58:10 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

If you guessed for a week you'd never guess where I found Chloe this
morning: in the heating duct under the kitchen floor.

When I walked into the kitchen this morning, I immeditely saw that both
floor vents had been pulled out and CJ had his head and shoulders down one
of them. I pulled him out and put the vents back. Latter, I noticed one
of them was bouncing up and down. I removed it and Chloe climbed out.

Actually, my office mate almost guessed on the first try: he guessed the
return duct instead of the delivery duct. I'm prettu sure they can't
remove the return duct grill - it's steel and heavy while the delivery
ducts in the kitchen are plastic and light.

Time to glue, screw or tape the delivery duct down, so a kitteh doesn't
wind up down in the furnace, or trapped in the duct inside a wall

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100402-1, 04/02/2010
Tested on: 4/3/2010 2:39:30 AM

Old April 3rd 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Marina" wrote in message
(snip)

This, in turn, reminds me of how Frank and Nikki used to remove the cover
from the floor drain in the shower stall and stuff toys down the drain.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

That really strikes me as funny, I can just see them perched around the
drain, shoving toys down the pipe, wondering where they are going and how
many will fit. Not in those words of course, or even in those thoughts, but
in the cat equivilant of "isn't this a wonderfu world!"
Karla

Old April 4th 10, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:39:30 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

Time to glue, screw or tape the delivery duct down, so a kitteh doesn't
wind up down in the furnace, or trapped in the duct inside a wall

Agreed - the question is how? The original metal ones had screw holes,
and that style was what I wanted to replace them with, but only the
highest end fancy scroll pattern ones seem to available in steel these
days, at least where I shop. These appear to be thick, but it's mostly
air with a few ribs under the top surface - if I run screws through the
top I;ll just be setting up for cracks and breakage. I suppose I could
make some sort of clip. I don't think glue can be made to work.

--
Ted Davis )
Old April 4th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Ted Davis wrote:
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:39:30 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

Time to glue, screw or tape the delivery duct down, so a kitteh doesn't
wind up down in the furnace, or trapped in the duct inside a wall

Agreed - the question is how? The original metal ones had screw holes,
and that style was what I wanted to replace them with, but only the
highest end fancy scroll pattern ones seem to available in steel these
days, at least where I shop. These appear to be thick, but it's mostly
air with a few ribs under the top surface - if I run screws through the
top I;ll just be setting up for cracks and breakage. I suppose I could
make some sort of clip. I don't think glue can be made to work.

I saw this done once (hope I can explain it):
Add a shim along the side of the opening making it a tight fit.
It should be wide enough and thick enough to accept the screw.
Good luck. MLB