Cat Lost Or Abandoned

Old November 14th 03, 08:48 AM
Alison

--"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:epXsb.834$cX1.755@fed1read02...
. I think it is
important to note around here it is not uncommon for people to just

abandon
their cats. I got Jade because someone got evicted from their

apartment and
never came back for her.

That's a shame but it to wouldn't hurt to try just in case there is
someone looking for it. Do stray cats rouitnely get checked for
microchipped? I'm struck by how often strays are mentioned on US
forums and newsgroups.
Alison

Old November 14th 03, 08:57 AM
Sherry

CP First Wrote:
(snip)
It is unknown where the cat came
from or who he belongs to.

Then Wrote:

I said before one of the office people who said the cat kept going back to
her old apartment

Wait a minute. How is it that nobody knows where the cat came from, but the
office people say she's going back to her old apartment? Which is it? It
belonged to the previous tenants of that apartment, or it's unknown where the
cat came from?
The reason I'm asking is, if nobody knows where the cat came from, it might be
just lost from its owner. Get it scanned for a microchip and start advertising
and calling vets and shelters to see if anybody's reported one missing.

Sherry

Apparently it may be an abandonment issue. It is unknown where the cat came
from or who he belongs to. Besides one of the residents feeding the cat hot
dogs another said she has left food out for the cat every morning. However,
she said she hates cats because she is apparently allergic to them. Also, as
I said before one of the office people who said the cat kept going back to
her old apartment has cats of her own but she isn't willing to take the cat
in. In fact she said one she has no time for her own cats. I think it is

Old November 14th 03, 08:06 PM
-L.

"Cat Protector" wrote in message news:epXsb.834$cX1.755@fed1read02...
Apparently it may be an abandonment issue. It is unknown where the cat came
from or who he belongs to. Besides one of the residents feeding the cat hot
dogs another said she has left food out for the cat every morning. However,
she said she hates cats because she is apparently allergic to them. Also, as
I said before one of the office people who said the cat kept going back to
her old apartment has cats of her own but she isn't willing to take the cat
in. In fact she said one she has no time for her own cats. I think it is
important to note around here it is not uncommon for people to just abandon
their cats. I got Jade because someone got evicted from their apartment and
never came back for her.

By brother worked as a security guard for an apartment on the U of I
(IL) campus one year. The number of cats abandoned at the end of each
semester was phenomenal. People just don't care. I think it's common
at all apartment complexes. When I lived in apartments, there were
always abandoned and ferals roaming around.

-L.