food covering

Old November 13th 03, 04:34 PM
Judy

Hi back Judy!
Not only does he cover his food, but he does something that looks like
very fast covering or like a dog digging with his front paws, ... only he
does it on the kitchen counter. What the heck is that???? He's a very funny
all black cat named Oscar with tons of personality!
Judy F

"J Gillen" wrote in message
Hi Judy,
Judy here too!

My cat used to do that especially when he had raw meat..
I think it must be equivalent to lions(same family) who cover their kill

in
the wild,so no other predator can steal it.
JudyG.

"Judy" wrote in message
t...
I have three cats, one is a female who is 9 and the others are two

brothers
who are 2. They all have a strange habit, which is to try to cover their
food after they eat in the same way they cover in their litter boxes. I

have
asked the vet about this, and he really couldn't give me an answer. I

don't
think they're telling me their food smells like what goes in the litter

box,
cause they all have healthy appetites! Any ideas?
Judy

Old November 14th 03, 03:54 PM
Judy F

He does it to the surface of the counter while standing on the counter, and
he does it on lots of different counters, not just one spot!

Judy

"Laura R." wrote in message
.net...
circa Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:34:36 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Judy ) said,

Hi back Judy!
Not only does he cover his food, but he does something that looks

like
very fast covering or like a dog digging with his front paws, ... only

he
does it on the kitchen counter. What the heck is that???? He's a very

funny
all black cat named Oscar with tons of personality!

Does he do it while standing on the floor and reaching up to the
counter, or does he do it to the surface of the counter while
standing on the counter?

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Old November 14th 03, 04:01 PM
zorin

My cat used to do this as a kitten, but eventually stopped. I'm kind of
upset that he stopped because it was adorable; he used to try to bury
his food using air molecules!

It didn't work very well. } Sigh, I miss his kittenhood sometimes...

-Z
--
Lynxie's page! http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/kittenpics/