Cat Lost Or Abandoned

Old November 14th 03, 08:26 AM
Cat Protector

I can't take the cat in because it is hard to take in another not knowing
the history (health, etc). Cost is another as I am a bit tapped out right
now but I help out when I can. I have yet to see this cat myself. I have
already contacted a no-kill shelter that I have helped out when I can. I
also left a list of a few other no-kill shelters with the complex
management. At least I am doing something.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Ray Ban" wrote in message
om...
Why are you upset that other people can't take the cat in when you
yourself won't take the cat in? Perhaps the same thing that's
preventing you from taking the cat in also prevents them from taking
the cat in.

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

Once again there is another cat that may be lost or abandoned in the
apartment complex where I live. The complex management said a resident
reported about the cat recently and one of the complex office people

said
this cat has been going back to her old apartment. The cat is reported

to be
a long-haired black male and declawed. The management told me about this
today and asked if I wanted to take him in (I am only allowed 2 cats in

this
place but apparently they approved my having a third if I took him. I am

little tapped out moneywise to take another cat to the vet having two
already and being self-employed. I have contacted one of the no-kills in
Glendale, AZ to see if they can take this cat in. I also gave a list of

few other no-kills here in the Phoenix area to the management. I also
contacted one of my friends who also lives in the complex, to see if he

can
take in this cat. He has one already and seems to be somewhat open to

the
possibility of having another. The cat is friendly but apparently one

of
the other residents has been feeding the cat hot dogs which is not good

as a
regular feast for cats.

It upsets me that there are plenty of people out there who fail to take

the
responsibility for caring for a cat, then declaw it and to further hurt

this
animal, abandon them. I can only right now invision this cat being

scared
and cold because it has been a bit rainy here the past couple of days.

It
also upsets me that someone who said they felt sad for this cat being
outside during the rain would not take him in. I have not yet seen this

cat
(I went looking in the area of the complex that I was told he was last

seen
in) but hopefully he will get shelter soon and a loving family. I doubt

declawed cat is going to survive too long outside. If anyone has advice

here
feel free to post it. I have gotten some experience in cat rescue after
rescuing at least two here in the complex already. One of them, Jade I
adopted last year. The other Ali, found a good and loving home. He too

was
found under similar circumstances as this male black cat.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

---

---

Old November 14th 03, 08:32 AM
Cat Protector

My cat Isis was adopted from the Humane Society originally. The other cat in
my household Jade was a rescue found in an abandoned apartment after her
former human(s) got evicted and never came back for her. I got Jade to the
vet, had her checked out and then subsequently adopted her. Soon after that
I rescued another cat named Ali who was abandoned outside and was declawed.
He was possibly an abuse case as well and I got him to Sun Valley where they
rehabilitated him and he eventually got adopted into a loving home.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

My first cat Oreo was an abandoned declawed cat. She now has a companion,

Fred, a 20
month old male kitten and both live happily with me.

Adam

---

Old November 14th 03, 08:43 AM
Sherry

I can't take the cat in because it is hard to take in another not knowing
the history (health, etc). Cost is another as I am a bit tapped out right
now but I help out when I can. I have yet to see this cat myself. I have
already contacted a no-kill shelter that I have helped out when I can. I
also left a list of a few other no-kill shelters with the complex
management. At least I am doing something.

Yes, and that's great. But in the meantime, this cat is out to fend for itself,
and is declawed, and is roaming an apartment complex which is likely a
high-traffic area. Since he's declawed, I am concerned he has been an indoor
cat in the past, and is *not* street-smart about traffic and other dangers.
Plus, you alluded that it's cold, rainy, and he is living on hot dogs. Is is
possible for you to put him in your bathroom or another room just until the
next day or two until other arrangements can be made?

Sherry

Old November 14th 03, 08:48 AM
Alison

--"Cat Protector" wrote in message
. I think it is
important to note around here it is not uncommon for people to just

abandon
their cats. I got Jade because someone got evicted from their

apartment and
never came back for her.

That's a shame but it to wouldn't hurt to try just in case there is
someone looking for it. Do stray cats rouitnely get checked for
microchipped? I'm struck by how often strays are mentioned on US
forums and newsgroups.
Alison