Peeing problem

Old November 15th 03, 03:26 AM
Cathy Friedmann

Default Peeing problem

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
Tonight I was moving some boxes and found a wet area of the carpet that
should never be wet (not near a radiator or anything). I had seen Hodge
(neutered male, about 2-3 at best guess) behind these boxes last night,
sharpening the "claws" his last owner had had removed. It doesn't smell
strong, but it does smell like piddle. I really can't afford for him to
ruin the carpet (rental). Is there any way I can discourage him from
going back to that spot? (I moved the boxes around so it's not so
secluded, at least.) And why would a continent cat suddenly start
piddling? At least I think it's suddenly. I never noticed this before.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

First step, a vet appt. Possible UTI. That can easily cause inappropriate
peeing. My male cat started peeing in the cat bed, on laundry, & in a
cardboard box - all of a sudden - about 3 years ago. A couple of courses of
antibiotics later, it was cleared up.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon