Caliban is learning to become a BC

Old September 16th 05, 11:22 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:46:58 +0000 (UTC), Cheryl Perkins
yodeled:

When I was a pre-schooler, I went off to visit my grandparents at some
awful hour. It was after dawn, I remember that, but not by much. We'd
come back late the night before, and my parents had promised me I could
visit my grandparents in the morning. Morning came, my parents were
asleep, and something told me that waking them up would be a Bad Idea. So
I dressed myself, walked across town (ok, it was a small town) and woke up
my grandparents instead. I don't recall getting into trouble about it.

Something like what my mother did when she was four years old. She
was at her grandma's house, eating lunch. Her two aunts, who disliked
her mother, we also there, and criticized her mother's cooking in
front of her (this is an Italian family, you must understand). My
mother, in her little Shirley Temple get-up, announced she wasn't
going to listen to anybody trash-talk her mommy (or words to that
effect), marched out, down to the subway and took the subway home.

Theresa
Old September 17th 05, 06:34 PM

Marina wrote:
I was starting to panic now. I went out into the enclosure with Miranda
and Frank, thinking Caliban would join us when he saw us out there. No
sign of him. My heart sinking I envisioned myself searching through the
hallway and then outside the building and maybe finding a squished
little tabby spot on the road.

Yaaaaahhh! What an adorably horrific image! But you should take
comfort in the fact that your kitties usually get squished indoors
rather than outdoors.

Old September 17th 05, 07:56 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear all your kitties are well. Soncek gets really scared of
strange people even now that he is 6 years young.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
A B*st*rd Cat, that is. I was working at home today, but had an
appointment with my physiotherapist. Our building is being maintenanced,
and there were some men coming in to do something to my floor, or rather
one corner of it, which was sagging a bit. I told them several times
that I have three cats, and one of them who was here doing some other
work yesterday met at least Frank (Miranda always heads for the hills
when the doorbell rings).

Well, I got back from my appointment just as the men were carrying out
their equipment. My door was standing open as they carried out power
tools and whatnot. I was a bit worried, but pretty confident that
Miranda and Caliban would be hiding somewhere from the big bad two-legs.
And Frank can't move fast enough that they would have missed it if he'd
snuck out. Sure enough, as soon as the men were gone and the door
closed, Frank came to greet me.

A short while later Miranda came slinking out of her own private black
hole, where she disappears when there are too many people around. But
there was no sign of Caliban.

I started to get worried. I tried all the tricks, shaking a food pouch,
opening the fridge, calling for him. All the things that usually bring
him running (it's been long since I met such a food-motivated cat).

I looked in all the closets to make sure I hadn't shut him in by
mistake. I crawled on the floor of the sauna and looked under the
benches here. I crawled on the floor in the bedroom and looked under the
bed. I looked behind every piece of furniture. I scanned all the
bookshelves.

I was starting to panic now. I went out into the enclosure with Miranda
and Frank, thinking Caliban would join us when he saw us out there. No
sign of him. My heart sinking I envisioned myself searching through the
hallway and then outside the building and maybe finding a squished
little tabby spot on the road.

Then I came back inside, and there he was, on the bed. Just like that.
On his way outside to play in the enclosure. B*st*rd Cat.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

johann, over trees heavy and clever, cooks in front of it, learning quickly Jay Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 03:11 PM
i was learning to talk you some of my cosmetic lentils Austrian Homeboy Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 12:43 PM
for Joie the sticker's long, towards me it's weak, whereas inside you it's learning lean Smelly Large Drunkard Cat anecdotes 0 September 10th 05 12:59 PM
Caliban at home Marina Cat anecdotes 14 August 17th 05 05:23 AM
How to block annoying posts Hailey Cat health & behaviour 0 August 13th 05 02:19 AM