CROSSPOSTING?

Old December 4th 09, 09:07 PM posted to alt.support.chronic-pain,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default CROSSPOSTING?

Now, hit reply to this post, but before you send it take a look at the top
where is says "Newsgroups:" and you'll see that I've added a group for this
post to be sent to. (Sorry rpca folks to use you as an example!). Anybody
can do that at any time to any post and make it look like you're posting in
that group. I've failed, many times, to be alert to the groups listed in
"Newsgroups:" and I've found myself in some pretty weird groups indeed -
through no fault or effort of my own.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"kittychats" wrote in message
Howdy All-

So, I recently posted in some alt. sumthin-or-other group about some
recent crime story in the news.

I wanted to refence the post and see if anyone had added to it.

Anyhoo, I clicked on my one of my cp posts & go into my stats. I was
floored to find all sorts of groups listed that I have never been to.

Upon further inspection, I realize that these are my posts. I just
didn't put them in these groups.

They are obviously pirated from my cp posts.

I'm gonna assume someone took the time to do this with my posts, but
WTF?

I'm not not a techie, so I don't understand, frequently, even the most
rudimentary of internet skills.

I find this quite perplexing.

What is this?

kittychats

Old December 4th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Now, hit reply to this post, but before you send it take a look at the top
where is says "Newsgroups:" and you'll see that I've added a group for
this post to be sent to. (Sorry rpca folks to use you as an example!).
Anybody can do that at any time to any post and make it look like you're
posting in that group. I've failed, many times, to be alert to the groups
listed in "Newsgroups:" and I've found myself in some pretty weird groups
indeed - through no fault or effort of my own.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yes, that's a mistake that I have frequently made--it's all-too-easy to
overlook the addresses at the top and post to several groups without
realizing it. I have occasionally cross-posted *deliberately,* but that is
very rare and only to select groups.

If you do notice that the message has been cross-posted, you can simply
delete the groups that are not wanted (as I have done, above).

MaryL

Old December 4th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

Default CROSSPOSTING? Help arrives

"CatNipped"

[...]

Soooo, you and LLL didn't 'crosspost' to the Pink Floyd ng recently thrasing
me???? hmmm?? I didn't see a crosspost. It doesn't really matter in the
grand scheme of things, really. Smile. I'm not posting there for awhile.
I did get a kick out of your posts, tho. So much wasted energy. I'm being
stalked by youz.. Sigh...it's okay, if ya gots to thrash somebody, I can
take it, really. I'm nobody important, just a lil ol lady with 4 cats who
likes Pink Floyd, and recently had 3-5 seizures, and peeps there are wishing
me dead...ROTFLMAO. And most of them are from the UK! Wierd. I've
actually met 10 people in real life from the Floyd ng and they were decent
enough people One man works for NASA and posts how exciting it was to see
the Space Shuttle take off. I even got the NASA Channel in the hospitle.

It is easy to take out a crosspost, like I just did, so the reply just shows
up here.
You can just hit the backspace on your computer until everything is erased
on the ng except the one you want to post to. This reply won't be seen in
any other crossposts unless someone doesn't remove them like I did, see? Be
sure to take the periods and commas out too or it will misfire and not
post.Just trying to be helpful is all.
Not wishing to offend anyone, just trying to help
Quite honestly, I'm not reading the Floyd ng anymore because I just get
trashed after almost 13 years there...LOL. Well, I do read it sometimes,
but I don't reply. I look at the groups on the Floyd ng when I was posting
there, and if it has like 5 crossposts, from an idiot name of Raja from the
Beatles ng. I just delete the entire thread. I'm no tekkie either, but
it's easy I gotta tell ya I know top posting is a nono in Usenet, but
the 2 cat groups I'm in don't seem to mind. So, there ya go.
Now I have to go to MySpace and erase all my info 'cause someone alerted me
that someone was posting using my name. I really don't need this crap...I'm
gonna bail from there soon. Did you know there are over 500 Kyla's on My
Space and at least 2 of them are men? LOL Wow. I also bailed from
Facebook, because I don't have time to be on the computer, even wearing dark
glasses...
HTH. kittychats
Meows & Purrs
Peace,
Kyla

Old December 4th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

CatNipped
Soooo, you and LLL didn't 'crosspost' to the Pink Floyd ng recently
thrasing me???? hmmm??

Kyla, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ posted exactly two posts to the Pink Floyd NG
recently, neither of which were crossposted here (I agree that those two
posts were trashing you, but then again, you trashed LLL, so it seems fair
game)

Catnipped, unless in some other form, did not post ANY posts to the Pink
Floyd forum, and therefore could NOT have 'trashed' you nor 'crossposted' as
you accuse her of. Unless you know for sure that Catnipped is using another
'nym on the Pink Floyd forum, you now owe her an apology.

I am not going to dispute the fact that you receive a fair amount of flames
on the Pink Floyd forum, but that is not an excuse to make up false
accusations against RPCA people just because you may not like them. Also,
there is *absolutely* no reason to drag alt.music.pink-floyd drama into
here, even if there was crossposts, which there was not.

May your recovery go smoothly and quickly.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old December 4th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 2:07 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Now, hit reply to this post, but before you send it take a look at the top
where is says "Newsgroups:" and you'll see that I've added a group for
this
post to be sent to. (Sorry rpca folks to use you as an example!). Anybody
can do that at any time to any post and make it look like you're posting
in
that group. I've failed, many times, to be alert to the groups listed in
"Newsgroups:" and I've found myself in some pretty weird groups indeed -
[...]

LONG BUT RELEVANT TO 'Nipped
I'm not a geek either, but FWIW will share this with you. H&B where I
have cyber
friends who are NOT trolls, happens to be a magnet for trolls, who
delight in doing
exactly what you demonstrate here. I post there frequently to legit
queries about
cat problems and care, as well as medical issues. Because crossposting
is one
amusement form
of the many trolls lurking in that ng, I never post anything w/o
checking that heading
line and removing any *other* ng names. Before I began doing this,
after a post about
cat problem, I found I had crossposted in this manner to some *dog* ng
where I was
landed on with all 4 dog feet, LOL, for posting cat topic in their dog
ng. I told them to
stuff it, in my usual charming style, and decided, "no more of this
crap" with the
destination crosspostings.
Do not please interpret this in any way derogatory to *you*, as I am
aware you are a
reg in the c.p. group and why....another class of cyberfolk who might
perhaps indulge
in such teenage amusement form *other than trolls* is "disturbed"
individuals who are
that way for one reason or another. From what I have seen, limited, in
that c.p. ng IMHO
you got a few of those there....though note this: there are those in
H&B who are both
disturbed *and* troll....I don't think that goes for any regs in c.p.
but who am I to judge
anyone. else. Since *you* asked *who*..I think someone is jerking you
around, not
having troll fun.

===================

Your advice, comments, questions, and even chidings are *never* unwanted or,
to my knowledge, unwarranted by me. You're "smarter than the average bear",
Hop - and you have a pretty keen sense of knowing exactly what's needed when
and where!

Yes, it is more than just a troll who has started a campaign against me,
trying to stir up a group of villagers to light their torches* and run me
out of town - using nothing but insinuations and a mistake on his part that
was clearly pointed out to him both on the group and, from the defensive and
angry tone of another post he made, *many* more people also pointed out to
him via email.

You know the type - they'd rather be dead than be proven wrong, so now he
has to trump up some other stuff and say that, *that's* not what he was
talking about, never once mentioning what those horrendous things I was
doing, nor apologizing for the *extremely* nasty accusation he *did* make.
He's the type who thinks an honest apology is showing weakness. A very sad
case to be honest. You'd think that on a chronic pain support group the
*last* thing you would want to do is inflict even more pain for no better
reason than to keep from saying you were wrong.

Anyway, to the rest of you guys, all this is totally irrelevant and I
shouldn't have brought it over here - I am so sorry to dump on you a petty
fight from another newsgroup. As an explanation I was trying to show
another member how, when I answered a question from a fake newbie who
crossposted it to alt.hard.drugs (or some such newsgroup I'd never heard
of), and he accused me of being a regular poster over that and only in the
pain group (like some undercover spy) to find out what the "good" drugs were
to use to get high.

So I am doubly in error since this is not about cats, and because I used
this group as an example of how it was done before thinking about what
distress it may cause you here!

But, I do have some good news, I put my laptop on my bed so that I can post
more here *and* in the chronic pain support group (which, I have to admit,
have been a great help for me in figuring it out what to do and if whatever
it was

*Ironically, I was trying to find out why the right side of my body felt as
if someone was holding a lit torch to my skin. LOL!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 5th 09, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

CatNipped wrote:

So I am doubly in error since this is not about cats, and because I used
this group as an example of how it was done before thinking about what
distress it may cause you here!

Another time, I'd suggest alt.test for this kind of thing....

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old December 5th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

"CatNipped"

Now, hit reply to this post, but before you send it take a look at the
top where is says "Newsgroups:" and you'll see that I've added a group
for this post to be sent to. (Sorry rpca folks to use you as an
example!). Anybody can do that at any time to any post and make it look
like you're posting in that group. I've failed, many times, to be alert
to the groups listed in "Newsgroups:" and I've found myself in some
[...]

If it doesn't matter to you, then why did you just CREATE such bull**** yet
AGAIN?? Stalking you?? Hardly, Kyla. There are so many other things to do
in life. And, 'am sorry to tell you, they all have NOTHING to do with you.
If you knew WHY Catnipped cross posted, then you'd feel even more foolish
then you are now. (If that's even possible). You create your own hell,
Kyla. And the reason why you get TRASHED repeatedly in the Pink Floyd group
is because you ASK for it. You've lied to every person in there, and now
you're doing it in here.

I'm not surprised.... nor amused. But if there was any doubt on how
ignorant you are, you just sealed the deal. You're a big fake, Kyla....
not to mention a complete fool.

--

L.

HTH. kittychats
Meows & Purrs
Peace,
Kyla

Old December 6th 09, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

Soooo, you and LLL didn't 'crosspost' to the Pink Floyd ng recently
thrasing me????

If it doesn't matter to you, then why did you just CREATE such bull****
yet AGAIN?? L.

(Snipped a lot of crap )

Laurie, why are you perpetuating this?! There's absolutely no reason to
drag this altercation into a normally peaceful ng. Killfile whomever.
Agree to disagree. Please, just don't drag stuff from other ngs into this
one.

Jill

Old December 6th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 4, 3:52*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

But, I do have some good news, I put my laptop on my bed so that I can post
more here *and* in the chronic pain support group (which, I have to admit,
have been a great help for me in figuring it out what to do and if whatever
it was

I'm so happy to hear you are making some progress- the purrs are
ongoing for you!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 6th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Kyla `=^..^=`" wrote in message

Soooo, you and LLL didn't 'crosspost' to the Pink Floyd ng recently
thrasing me????

If it doesn't matter to you, then why did you just CREATE such bull****
yet AGAIN?? L.

(Snipped a lot of crap )

Laurie, why are you perpetuating this?! There's absolutely no reason to
drag this altercation into a normally peaceful ng. Killfile whomever.
Agree to disagree. Please, just don't drag stuff from other ngs into this
one.

Jill

Jill I believe the group has begged all of them to kill file each other.
No offense to any of them but looks like they can't live with out knowing
what the other has to say