Ding Returns from the Mothership

Old September 16th 04, 12:56 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , CATherine
wrote:

His agitation suggests that he was checking things out to make sure he
found his right home at last. Re-familiarizing himself, so to speak. I
am so happy he is home and safe. Purrs,

While he seems to tolerate me going out of my office, whenever I sit
down, he seems to need to be touching me.

Correction: he flipped on his back for a tummy rub, fell off the desk,
came back, got on my shoulder, and now is calm enough to wash himself.
Historically, he's been the most shy of my three, but was prone to come
out of hiding to explain that he was about to explode without a tummy
scratch.

It's been suggested he was hiding in the basement, possibly scared by
the workmen, but I find it hard to believe that there would be this
amount of emotion if he hadn't heen lost outside. OTOH, I just got
another call of a sighting of a loose gray cat, which may have explained
some of the reports. It will probably always be a mystery.

Old September 16th 04, 01:08 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:56:33 -0400, Howard Berkowitz
wrote:

While he seems to tolerate me going out of my office, whenever I sit
down, he seems to need to be touching me.

Correction: he flipped on his back for a tummy rub, fell off the desk,
came back, got on my shoulder, and now is calm enough to wash himself.
Historically, he's been the most shy of my three, but was prone to come
out of hiding to explain that he was about to explode without a tummy
scratch.

It's been suggested he was hiding in the basement, possibly scared by
the workmen, but I find it hard to believe that there would be this
amount of emotion if he hadn't heen lost outside. OTOH, I just got
another call of a sighting of a loose gray cat, which may have explained
some of the reports. It will probably always be a mystery.

Like you said, you'll probably never know for sure if he was in the
Out, or just hiding in the basement from the workmen. I think I'd
prefer the basement, though, else he may go walkabout again, maybe
even showing the other furry ones the exit/entrance.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 16th 04, 02:38 AM
Howard Berkowitz

wrote:

[...]

They were only there for about 4 hours, but, until I spotted it and said
something, they had been leaving the outside door open. Who knows?