It's been nice, but...

Old September 2nd 05, 06:44 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 05:45:05 +0200 (CEST), "J. Warrick"
wrote:

Get your dried up little brain around this: it is this behavior that is
responsible for the recent spate of adversarial posts here.

Amen.

RPCA needs to get a web site and set up a bulletin board. Dan Mahoney
can be treasurer... send him your money. There you can all be
emperors of your domain.

But here on USENET, you are like dog****. You get underfoot, and
people get annoyed and want to clean the mess up.

Charlie

Old September 2nd 05, 04:12 PM

CatNipped wrote:
This group has enriched my life, but I just can't deal with the few @$$holes
determined to make me feel worse than I already do right now.

I still haven't heard anything from my mom - I don't know if she got to
safety before the storm hit or not, Sunday was her 80th birthday and I
didn't even get a chance to tell her happy birthday. Even if she is safe,
her home has been destroyed. My son-in-law's cousin is still missing along
with the foster children she was caring for.

I haven't heard from either of my brothers or their wives (I do know from
the news that their homes are under 25 feet of water), I haven't heard from
any of my nieces or nephews (again, except that their homes are under
water). My mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my daughter's home are under
water, so they'll be here with us for some months to come (thank God). We
know absolutely nothing about neighbors and friends we grew up with except
that their homes are either destroyed or are under water too.

And yes, my daughter's dogs are probably dead, and yes, it was my daughter
and son-in-law's fault - but as hard as that is for us to bear, it still
pales in light of the larger tragedies.

Departing purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I've only been reading/posting to this group for a few months now so
don't really know you, but you seem to be such a nice, caring person
and I can only wish you and yours well, and hope to see you back here
when you're ready.

With love from London

Marcia & Otis XX

Old September 2nd 05, 04:35 PM
Bet You Missed Me!

news
wrote:

Get your dried up little brain around this: it is this behavior that is
responsible for the recent spate of adversarial posts here.

Amen.

RPCA needs to get a web site and set up a bulletin board. Dan Mahoney
can be treasurer... send him your money. There you can all be
emperors of your domain.

But here on USENET, you are like dog****. You get underfoot, and
people get annoyed and want to clean the mess up.

Nicely put, Charlie.

Old September 3rd 05, 03:36 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 11:38:40p, Trish wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Show me once where I have ever sent an
e-mail to anyone in this group, I e-mailed CN, at her request
and Cheryl at her request

Minor correction
I never asked you to email me. After I wrote about hanging flyers of
Conan's need for a home, you felt the need to ask me if my email addy
was valid so you could send me one that you made.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Old September 3rd 05, 04:02 AM
Trish

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Thu 01 Sep 2005 11:38:40p, Trish wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Show me once where I have ever sent an
e-mail to anyone in this group, I e-mailed CN, at her request
and Cheryl at her request

Minor correction
I never asked you to email me. After I wrote about hanging flyers of
Conan's need for a home, you felt the need to ask me if my email addy
was valid so you could send me one that you made.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

I had to find the post in my sent mail as I've deleted all old posts so
its missing the header but if there is any discrepancy I can google it.
Read the post dear, how else was I to show you the flyer if not through
e-mail. Hence I stand by my words " at your request"

"Cheryl" wrote in message

snipping to the point

If any of
you really care about Conan's fate you'll post some flyers
where you work in the off-chance event that someone who sees it
will have CA family or friends looking for a great cat.

HAHA beat you to it!!!

Glad to read it. Can I see your flyer? I'd like to make one that
is worthy. I won't be back to work until Wednesday.

"Yup, is your e-mail a real address?" - my response to your asking to
see the flyer

In the meantime, trashing those who are involved just because
you don't know everything is just wrong.

Ahhhh this reminds me of a quote I love:

For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors and
laugh at them in our turn?
Jane Austen

your memory is quite convenient, and is able to attempt to twist
reality.

Old September 4th 05, 01:25 AM
Pamela Shirk

"Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

They're not people. They're swine, begging for attention. I've taught
pre-schoolers with better behavior and manners than these creatures.

As I offer my support to Lori, I regretfully must chastise you for
insulting the porcine species by likening these...organisms...to pigs.
Hmmm...hyenas? Baboons are too brave.

Let us merely say that we have confirmation that there are forms of life
lower than the butt of lawyer jokes.

(and why are so many people feeding these trolls?)

Such that there is a statement of support, and appropriate ridicule for
the trolls. Trolls enjoy getting people upset, but they frequently don't
know how to deal with being made objects of laughter.

I'd say that hyenas is about as good a description of these low lives as one
can get. My cats would send them litter box offerings, but we all suspect
that they have enough messes in their own environments.

Pam S.

Old September 4th 05, 04:42 PM
SuzQ

On the East Coast especially by the shore you have a Clam Bake. You build a
fired on the beach; get a large fireproof container. In layers you add red
potatoes, ears of corn (in the Northeast)lobster, clams you add seaweed
between each layer season with Old Bay and let stuff steam until fully
cooked. Before pollution you dug up your own clams. In another pot you
cook potatoes and bacon or salt pork cook a bit, add clam juice, pepper
onions later add clams and milk or cream. Simmer and voila you'e got New
England clam Chowder or chowdah) If you're in Rhode Island no cream or
milk, in the New York area tomatoes instead not cream.
Suz

Old September 4th 05, 04:52 PM
Trish

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
On the East Coast especially by the shore you have a Clam Bake. You

build a
fired on the beach; get a large fireproof container. In layers you add

red
potatoes, ears of corn (in the Northeast)lobster, clams you add

seaweed
between each layer season with Old Bay and let stuff steam until fully
cooked. Before pollution you dug up your own clams. In another pot you
cook potatoes and bacon or salt pork cook a bit, add clam juice,

pepper
onions later add clams and milk or cream. Simmer and voila you'e got

New
England clam Chowder or chowdah) If you're in Rhode Island no cream

or
milk, in the New York area tomatoes instead not cream.
Suz

Where I'm from we would have the same kind of cookout on the beaches
every Friday night but without clams, we use mussels, then everyone
brings along wine and beer, a loud stereo, plenty of cd's and it lasts
til early morning.

Old September 4th 05, 06:31 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:42:05 -0400, "SuzQ"
yodeled:

On the East Coast especially by the shore you have a Clam Bake. You build a
fired on the beach; get a large fireproof container. In layers you add red
potatoes, ears of corn (in the Northeast)lobster, clams you add seaweed
between each layer season with Old Bay and let stuff steam until fully
cooked. Before pollution you dug up your own clams. In another pot you
cook potatoes and bacon or salt pork cook a bit, add clam juice, pepper
onions later add clams and milk or cream. Simmer and voila you'e got New
England clam Chowder or chowdah) If you're in Rhode Island no cream or
milk, in the New York area tomatoes instead not cream.
Suz

Exactly! I remember on "The Simpsons" when a relative of Mayor Quimby
went into a rage and brutally beat someone for saying "chowder"
instead of "chowdah"

Theresa