Ding Returns from the Mothership

Old September 14th 04, 02:30 PM
jmcquown

JBHajos wrote:
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:02:21 -0400, Howard Berkowitz
wrote:

Suddenly, from the open basement door in the kitchen, a gray streak
shot by. It was Ding.

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! Great news! Delighted to hear the purrs worked
and Ding is safe and sound. Now get yourself a good night's sleep
tonight.

Jeanne

Yeah, what she said!

Jill

Old September 14th 04, 02:37 PM
CatNipped

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY! I am *SO* happy that Ding made it home safely. We
really needed this good news right now amidst all the sad posts.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
I spent another largely sleepless night worrying about Ding, as well as
a large number of real-world things like house repair before
refinancing, doing contracts, getting more contracts, etc.

After getting to sleep at about 3AM, being cuddled tightly by Mr. Clark,
I woke up again at around 6, and decided to get up since I wasn't
sleeping. At about 7:30, it became obvious that I wasn't going to get to
sleep, so I walked into the kitchen.

Suddenly, from the open basement door in the kitchen, a gray streak shot
by. It was Ding.

Has he been hiding in the basement for a week, and the sightings are of
another gray cat?

Is there an opening to the basement that I don't know about and he does?
Did he get in and out of a window, although there's nothing that would
be open at ground level? I've closed the door to the basement tightly
and will inspect closely later. I havent

WHERE THE H*LL WAS HE? OK, Mothership. You've got somebody up there
with a sick sense of humor.

My intuition is that he was outside and just got in, as he is extremely
excited and still running around. He just started eating, and Mr. Clark
sniffed him approvingly. While he's skittish about being touched by more
than a fingertip, he seems clean -- if he was outside, he took good care
of himself. Maybe the basement outside door wasn't tightly shut and he
got in -- I will check later.

Anyway, he's loudly running around my office, jumping on and off things,
letting his nose be touched, and making loud RROWS.

Oops--he now jumped on top of the monitor wanting to be petted, and
licked my hand. He's calming down and wanting to be scratched. Might be
a little thinner, but he still has a firm tummy,

I am mystified.

Old September 14th 04, 02:41 PM
Karen

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!HaPpY DaNcInG!!!!! I bet there is a way in and out of the
basement. You will have to mount an inspection. I'm just soooooo glad he is
back.

Karen

Old September 14th 04, 02:41 PM
Dan M

Oops--he now jumped on top of the monitor wanting to be petted, and
licked my hand. He's calming down and wanting to be scratched. Might be
a little thinner, but he still has a firm tummy,

I am mystified.

I am SO GLAD he came back! I sure hope you're able to find how he got
out and back in. As someone else said, with all the tragic posts in the
last few days it is *so* very welcome to see a post with good news.

Dan