Cats and courgettes!

Old June 24th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Cats and courgettes!

A couple of weeks back I was sitting on the tube reading an advert for
the new Purina One- Natural Balance and it invited you to text for a
free sample so I did and that arrived last night just about one meal
for two cats so I put it in their bowl and left them to decide what
they thought of it

Ten minutes later there was not a shred of kibble left..Dunzi and
Sarsi were both looking at us pointedly licking their lips and washing
themselves, which we have come to learn is their inner food critic
going "MORE OF THAT" I am talking the bowl being twenty feet from
where it started by the time they had finished with it

I think we can call this a hit - I will have to get them some more.

So this morning (Well more like lunchtime i am sharing an office with
Bev who has been boasting since last week than she has a rotten cold
but she doesn't let that stop her coming to work! So guess who called
in sick today?) I looked into the packaging the sample came
with..aha...money off vouchers and they do a wet food as well!

Here are the options for the wet food

Cod with tomato and courgettes
Lamb with carrots and courgettes
Beef with carrots and courgettes

Okay a few years back someone had a tuna and tomato cat food- we got
given a voucher for a free tin so we got one to see what Fugazi and
Isis would make of it.....the empty bowl was found in the hallway
after they'd licked it clean so something of a hit. The same brand did
a Christmas special of turkey in cranberry sauce, which was also a
huge hit. We've seen peas in Whiskas pouches and when Isis was getting
old one big treat was some brand which had carrots and mushrooms in it
and she would eat the veg and leave the meat

But courgettes?

Does anyone have any experience of cats and courgettes?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 24th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Even if they did, it wouldn't prove anything. Only your cats can decide
what they do and don't like. I'd buy only one can of each to start with.

Joy

Old June 24th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 2008-06-24, Lesley wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of cats and courgettes?

No experience with cats and zuccini (as they call them in
the local grocery). I never imagined cats would like squash.

Bud
Old June 25th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Erm.... What's a courgette?

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 25th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Lesley" wrote in message

So this morning (Well more like lunchtime i am sharing an office with
Bev who has been boasting since last week than she has a rotten cold
but she doesn't let that stop her coming to work! So guess who called
in sick today?) I looked into the packaging the sample came
with..aha...money off vouchers and they do a wet food as well!

Here are the options for the wet food

Cod with tomato and courgettes
Lamb with carrots and courgettes
Beef with carrots and courgettes

I now know what all those people do who raise a surplus of zucchini.

Pam S. who hates the stuff

Old June 25th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 24, 1:58*pm, Lesley wrote:
[...]

Lesley, hate to sound stupid, but I don't even know what a courgette
IS!!
Cats can be pretty crafty about those free samples. This crew will
snarf up a small sample bag, then I'll buy a 10-pound bag (usually
expensive)...
and they look at me like, "Oh! Didn't we tell you? We don't like this
anymore."

Sherry
Old June 25th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Sam wrote:

Erm.... What's a courgette?

Zucchini.

Old June 25th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Sherry wrote:
This crew will
snarf up a small sample bag, then I'll buy a 10-pound bag (usually
expensive)...
and they look at me like, "Oh! Didn't we tell you? We don't like this
anymore."

I know- I've found smaller packs of the stuff in the supermarket so I'll see
how well that goes down before getting the bigger bags

Old June 25th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Lesley" wrote in message

So this morning (Well more like lunchtime i am sharing an office with
Bev who has been boasting since last week than she has a rotten cold
but she doesn't let that stop her coming to work! So guess who called
in sick today?) I looked into the packaging the sample came
with..aha...money off vouchers and they do a wet food as well!

Here are the options for the wet food

Cod with tomato and courgettes
Lamb with carrots and courgettes
Beef with carrots and courgettes

I now know what all those people do who raise a surplus of zucchini.

Pam S. who hates the stuff

I think ANYONE who raises zucchini raises a surplus of zucchini. They sign
a contract or something.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 25th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

I think ANYONE who raises zucchini raises a surplus of zucchini. They sign
a contract or something.

Someone forgot to make us sign the contract. We grow them out on the
island, but our garden patches are so small that we only have a few
plants of each colour (green and yellow), and we're perfectly able to
eat everything they produce.