Our New Jungle Gym

Old November 16th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Our New Jungle Gym

This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 16th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot[_2_]

My cats would think they died and went to heaven with this.

I'm waiting for the day that Mike retires and we move up to the camp to
live. When that happens my babies are going to get an outside room built
for them and have a jungle gym like this to lounge on. We have no room for
one where we live not but up there we have tons of room.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

Old November 16th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

In article ,
CatNipped wrote:
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled - much!!!
;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Congratulations on getting that monster correctly assembled in less than a week.

:^)
Old November 16th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

I hope those window valances are strong.

Old November 16th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

That was a total joy to read. I am in love with Jessie. They are all so
neat!

Old November 16th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Spot" wrote in message
My cats would think they died and went to heaven with this.

I'm waiting for the day that Mike retires and we move up to the camp to
live. When that happens my babies are going to get an outside room built
for them and have a jungle gym like this to lounge on. We have no room
for one where we live not but up there we have tons of room.

Celeste

I go tthis house specifically for its size. It's pretty delapidated (we
bought it as a "fixer-upper" but 2 weeks after signing I lost my job), but I
*LOVE* having huge rooms that you don't have to worry about squeezing things
into. Besides, Ben is a pack rat and he needs lots and lots of space. ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 16th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote in message
In article ,
CatNipped wrote:
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!!
;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

Congratulations on getting that monster correctly assembled in less than a
week.

:^)

I thought it might take that long when I saw the pile of pieces - Ben is
*extremely* methodical when he is building something and can't be rushed no
matter how badly I want to see the finished piece. I *died* during every
cigarette break (I'm the "throw it together as quickly as possible" type).
The benefits, however, are that once he does finish something it tends to
stay in one piece for a long, long time.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 16th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"outsider" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

I hope those window valances are strong.

Yep, they're nailed down pretty good. I also like this jungle gym because
it's very well made, and it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring one end in the
ceiling, the pieces are heavy enough that they don't tip over even when Ozzy
(13 pounds) comes running full tilt across the great room and hits the tree
about mid-way up, followed by Archer (12 pounds) running after him and
hitting the same spot that Ozzy was in - then both boys scampering/climbing
to the top when Sammy (20 pounds) comes running after them both and hits the
same spot. All of them, including 7.5 pounds Jessie), can run, jump and
climb all across the top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get
that rambunctious, but she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost*
undisturbed while the rest scramble around her).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 16th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
This is the new "toy" we got the clowder. No, they're not spoiled -
much!!! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Tree/

That was a total joy to read. I am in love with Jessie. They are all so
neat!

Thanks! BTW, it's been a while since I've seen pictures of your two -
you're slacking girlfriend! ;

Re the jungle gym - I know you have a large house too, so in case you're
interested... I was really surprised at how little it cost (relatively,
anyway, compared to much smaller, more cheaply made cat trees). We got it
on eBay (a "buy now", not a bid) for $289 (you can bid on it too, but that
ends up being more because then they charge you for shipping). We had to
pay taxes because we're in Texas as is the dealer, so it came to $312 - but
that included free overnight FedEx shipping (yay, we didn't have to go pick
up those two large, heavy boxes at the post office!). We bought it online
on Thursday morning and it arrived Saturday morning!

I like this one because, besides being so big, it's really well made, and
it's very sturdy. Besides anchoring one end in the ceiling, the pieces are
heavy enough that they don't tip over even when Ozzy (13 pounds) comes
running full tilt across the great room and hits the tree about mid-way up,
followed by Archer (12 pounds) running after him and hitting the same spot
that Ozzy was in - then both boys scampering/climbing to the top when Sammy
(20 pounds) comes running after them both and hits the same spot. All of
them, including 7.5 pounds Jessie, can run, jump and climb all across the
top of it without it tilting over (Demi doesn't get that rambunctious, but
she can lay in the sun in her soft hammock *almost* undisturbed while the
rest scramble around her).

I also like the soft, fur-like covering better than the normal carpet
covering of most cat trees.

Best buy I ever made - I highly recommend it!

If you are interested, here is the item on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-Cat-Tree-Ho...1%7C240%3A1308

or

http://tinyurl.com/6efqb3

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 16th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Outsider

[...]

It looks great.

I have a smaller unit which has 1 hammock and after almost a year the
brothers are just checking it out. One of them climbed in for a few
seconds but they have not commited to it yet. If those valances have
tops maybe one of your crew will take a snooze up there and that would be
a great picture.

Andy