Infected cat's claw

Old April 29th 04, 07:47 AM
Daveuk9xx

Default Infected cat's claw

One of my cats keeps getting a problem with the outside claw (what would the
little finger in a human) on her left paw.

At regular intervals it gets infected, very smelly, and ends up as a short
blackened stub of a claw which then gradually regrows over several months until
it looks ok again. I think the problem is past and then suddenly it's back to
square one again.

Any ideas ?

TIA

Dave
Old April 29th 04, 02:27 PM
Sherry

At regular intervals it gets infected, very smelly, and ends up as a short
blackened stub of a claw which then gradually regrows over several months
until
it looks ok again. I think the problem is past and then suddenly it's back to

Poor kitty. That must be very bothersome for her--we all know how bad anything
to do with the toes or fingers hurts when it's infected. Yoda had a recurring
problem with one of his extra toes, and the vet removed the whole claw. It was
very sore for a while, but as a trade-off, it's better than battling infection
over and over. That was over 10 years ago and we've never had another problem
with it.

Sherry

Old April 29th 04, 03:27 PM
Betsy

Have you discussed this with a vet? They actually can solve health problems
in animals these days, you know.

All sarcasm aside, it sounds fungal and easily curable. Spend some money on
the kitty.