They call it art!!X%! (abuse warning)

Old September 15th 04, 07:27 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default They call it art!!X%! (abuse warning)

Dear gods in heaven! Some people should be... GGGRR!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/3657582.stm

The article is copied below. I've included a "spoiler space" so that you don't
have to read it - it's not pretty.
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

"Film on cat killers draws protest

Animal-rights activists have held a protest in Canada at the premiere of a
documentary about three artists who videoed themselves killing a cat.
Demonstrators urged ticket-holders at the Toronto Film Festival to boycott
Casuistry: The Art of Killing a Cat.

The documentary shows interviews with artists, police, and activists - but not
the animal's mutilation and death.

The three artists taped the skinning and decapitation of a cat in 2001, and
later pleaded guilty to animal cruelty.

Director Zev Asher chose to show the court transcript of the text of their
videotape throughout the documentary.

He told Reuters news agency that this was the best way to convey "the stark
horror that these guys were involved in".

Threat

However animal rights activists say the film gives a platform to the cat
killers.

"Shame on the international film festival for allowing this to go on," said
Suzanne Lahaie of Freedom for Animals, a Toronto group.

Festival organisers declined to drop the documentary, saying it did not glorify
the torture of animals.

Two scheduled screenings are going ahead, organisers said, despite the fact
that a staff member was told by an anonymous phone caller that he would be
skinned alive.

The artists - Jesse Power, Anthony Wennekers and Matt Kaczorowski - said their
intent was to make an anti-animal cruelty film, reasoning that skinning a cat
would expose the slaughter of factory-reared animals."

I hope the artists rot in hell. Their *excuse* is using cruelty to expose
cruelty. What a load of utter ********.

helen s

**$om $

Old September 15th 04, 08:11 AM
Sherry

Dear gods in heaven! Some people should be... GGGRR!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/3657582.stm

I'd also heard about this. I totally share your sentiments.

Sherry

Old September 15th 04, 10:47 AM
Helen Miles

The artists - Jesse Power, Anthony Wennekers and Matt Kaczorowski - said their
intent was to make an anti-animal cruelty film, reasoning that skinning a cat
would expose the slaughter of factory-reared animals."

I hope the artists rot in hell. Their *excuse* is using cruelty to expose
cruelty. What a load of utter ********. ///

What a pile of sh*t. They're not artists, they're murdering b*stards who
kill for entertainment.

Helen M

Old September 15th 04, 04:05 PM
Singh

Horse manure! Art my @$$. That would be like calling the Abu Ghraib scandal an
exercise in sculpture. And these so-called "artists" probably got government
funding for this $#!+ on top of it.

Dear gods in heaven! Some people should be... GGGRR!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/3657582.stm

The article is copied below. I've included a "spoiler space" so that you don't
have to read it - it's not pretty.
.
.
.