Snow!

Old October 26th 03, 08:39 AM
Marina

Default Snow!

Winter suddenly descended on Helsinki during Friday and Saturday. It snowed
most of both days. The cats are both enjoying the snow in their own way.

Nikki wanted out for her regular Sunday walkies, and I took her, expecting
her to turn back once I opened the door to the Out and she saw that
everyhting was covered with the white, icky stuff. But not Nikki, oh no.
Little Miss Snowplough just set out, though the snow went up to her tummy
and her udder made a groove in the snow. On and on she ploughed so that it
was hard for this clumsy hoomin to follow on the slippery, snowy street.
Nikki didn't even walk along the pavement, which had a little less snow, no,
she walked on the side where there was much more snow. Nikki wanted to go
and check her usual places in the copse by our house, but it looked so
slippery around there that I didn't dare go there.

At some point she finally realised that she was getting very wet and cold,
and came over and stood on my boots, leaning on my legs, for a while to warm
up, then she ploughed away back home. I only wish I'd have taken the camera
along this time, since she looked so funny and fearless, ploughing her way
through the snow.

Frank had a gorgeous time on the balcony, where Meowmie grabbed some snow
from the outside ledge and made snowballs for him to chase. He jumped and
batted like a kitten. The balcony floor is now covered with exploded
snowballs.

As much fun as the snow is, I'm happy that it seems to be melting away now.
It's a bit too early for full-blown Winter to start!

--
Marina

Old October 26th 03, 10:31 AM
polonca12000

We had snow on Thursday night, although it didn't last. But a friend of mine
who lives in a village outside of Ljubljana e-mailed me saying there was a
foot of snow there.
Marina, thanks for the story about Nikki and Frank playing with snow. I
really enjoyed it.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
Winter suddenly descended on Helsinki during Friday and Saturday. It

snowed
most of both days. The cats are both enjoying the snow in their own way.

snip

Old October 26th 03, 10:55 AM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
Winter suddenly descended on Helsinki during Friday and Saturday. It
snowed most of both days. The cats are both enjoying the snow in
their own way.

Nikki wanted out for her regular Sunday walkies, and I took her,
expecting her to turn back once I opened the door to the Out and she
saw that everyhting was covered with the white, icky stuff. But not
Nikki, oh no. Little Miss Snowplough just set out, though the snow
went up to her tummy and her udder made a groove in the snow. (snip)

Frank had a gorgeous time on the balcony, where Meowmie grabbed some
snow from the outside ledge and made snowballs for him to chase. He
jumped and batted like a kitten. The balcony floor is now covered
with exploded snowballs.

As much fun as the snow is, I'm happy that it seems to be melting
away now. It's a bit too early for full-blown Winter to start!

How fun! Glad they both had a good time with the snow!

Jill

Old October 26th 03, 02:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
As much fun as the snow is, I'm happy that it seems to be melting away now.
It's a bit too early for full-blown Winter to start!

We're just barely starting fall here in central Texas! We finally got a
good cold front through, it's 54 degrees F (12 C) right now and it's not
going to get a whole lot warmer today. I'm looking forward to a lazy
sunday spent indoors surrounded by sleeping cats.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 26th 03, 02:04 PM
OU812?

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
As much fun as the snow is, I'm happy that it seems to be melting
away now. It's a bit too early for full-blown Winter to start!

We're just barely starting fall here in central Texas! We finally got
good cold front through, it's 54 degrees F (12 C) right now and it's
not going to get a whole lot warmer today. I'm looking forward to a
lazy
sunday spent indoors surrounded by sleeping cats.

We had quite the little snow squall here on tuesday, the snow actually
stayed til partway thru wednesday even after a night of rain!

Its all gone now though. Snow before halloween.. ugh!!

Kristy
--
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Old October 26th 03, 02:25 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:
As much fun as the snow is, I'm happy that it seems to be melting
away now. It's a bit too early for full-blown Winter to start!

We're just barely starting fall here in central Texas! We finally got
good cold front through, it's 54 degrees F (12 C) right now and it's
not going to get a whole lot warmer today. I'm looking forward to a
lazy
sunday spent indoors surrounded by sleeping cats.

I'm in West Tennessee and I'm afraid we have a bad Winter coming. It was
entirely too mild this Summer. We had perhaps 2 weeks where the temps hit
the high 90's (farenheit). Fall has also been mild. Got a cold front last
night and the temps dropped to around 45F. It's still too mild. We are
either going to have a snow-less Winter or a big bad ice storm. It's going
on 10 years since the ice-storm that practically incapacitated the city and
surrounding areas.

Persia won't be out in her kitty walk in this chilly weather. In fact, I
need to take it apart and pack it up until next Spring.

Jill

Old October 26th 03, 03:27 PM
lrulan

No snow here in the Eastern coast of the USA, but boy, has it gotten cold
early. We';ve had nights where we've gotten down to the 30's and it isn't
even Nov yet. I hope this is not a harbinger of a severe winter. I can deal
with the cold (I just don't go out, heh) but now with snow or ice since that
would make driving almost impossible for me.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old October 26th 03, 03:27 PM
Christine Burel

great story, Marina! Gotta love that Nikki-girl!
Christine (sending warming thoughts your way!)

Old October 26th 03, 06:30 PM
Cathi

In message , Marina
writes
Winter suddenly descended on Helsinki during Friday and Saturday. It snowed
most of both days. The cats are both enjoying the snow in their own way.

We had quite a sharp frost Friday night - I woke up and all was white.
So my nasturtiums have gone :-( I love nasturtium leaves in
hard-boiled-egg sandwiches. Last year, we didn't get anything like a
proper frost until December.
--
Cathi
Old October 27th 03, 07:07 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:

We're just barely starting fall here in central Texas! We finally got a
good cold front through, it's 54 degrees F (12 C) right now and it's not
going to get a whole lot warmer today.

We must have gotten your heat, Victor! We've had a heat wave for about
a week. It was quite incongruous for the sun to be going down at 5:30 PM
when it was 85 degrees (29 C) out!

Joyce, waiting for fall