SEPT 11 WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

Old September 11th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_4_]

Default SEPT 11 WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE

WELCOME AT RAINBOW BRIDGE
(Adapted from the original)

by Alexander Theodore, Bouvier, Fourth Year Resident
On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount of
activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to be
made quickly. And, they were.
An issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents really
have no loved one for whom to wait. And, the ones who were abused. Who are
they to wait for?
We don't talk about that much up here. We share ones as they arrive, happy
to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having your very own person
who thinks you are the most special kitten in the Heavens.
Last Tuesday morning a request rang out for kittens not waiting for specific
persons to volunteer for special assignment.. An eager, curious crowd surged
excitedly forward, each kitten wondering what the assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, thousands
of people died on Earth long before they were ready.
All the kittens, as all kittens do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own
hearts. Without hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have
one to comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving
tail-swishes forever."
One after another they came forward begging for assignment.
One cozy-looking fluffy kitten hesitantly asked, "Are there any children
coming?
I would be very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I
always wanted to be hugged."
Little cats volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and rub against
legs.
Cats who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped
forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love."
Then all the cats, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to
the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share. .

I INCLUDED THE DOG VERSION ALSO

On the morning of September 11, 2001, there was an unprecedented amount of
activity at the Rainbow Bridge. Decisions had to be made. They had to be
made quickly. And, they were.
An issue, not often addressed here, is the fact that many residents really
have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived and died in
hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected them. What about
the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards? And, the ones who were
abused. Who are they to wait for?
We don't talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as they
arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having your
very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the Heavens.
Last Tuesday morning a request rang out for pups not waiting for specific
persons to volunteer for special assignment. An eager, curious crowd surged
excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over 6,000
loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the pups, as
all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts. Without
hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have one to
comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving kisses
forever."
One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One
cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming? I
would be very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I
always wanted to be hugged." A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to
meet the Firemen and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered to
greet the Police Officers and make them feel at home. Little dogs
volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and kiss.
Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped
forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love."
Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to
the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share - each
tail wagging an American Flag

I SHALL NEVER FORGET

Old September 11th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Matthew" ...
[...]

surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over
6,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the
pups, as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts.
Without hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have one
to comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving
kisses forever."
One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One
cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children coming?
I would be very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and squishy and I
always wanted to be hugged." A group of Dalmatians came forward asking to
meet the Firemen and be their friends. The larger working breeds offered
to greet the Police Officers and make them feel at home. Little dogs
volunteered to do what they do best, cuddle and kiss.
Dogs who on Earth had never had a kind word or a pat on the head, stepped
forward and said, "I will love any human who needs love."
Then all the dogs, wherever on Earth they originally came from, rushed to
the Rainbow Bridge and stood waiting, overflowing with love to share -
each tail wagging an American Flag

I SHALL NEVER FORGET

Thank you Matthew
Kyla
--in tears...today is a sad day

Old September 11th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Matt, thank you for this. Have been wondering where you are in the mess of
a storm that is in your part of the country.
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

really have no loved one for whom to wait. Think of the pups who lived
and died in hideous puppy mills. No one on earth loved or protected
them. What about the many who spent unhappy lives tied in backyards?
And, the ones who were abused. Who are they to wait for?
We don't talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as they
arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like having
your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in the

Old September 12th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

[...]

Thank you Matthew I shall never forget either.
Kyla
--in tears...today is a very sad day

Old September 12th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

no storm bothers yet jsut trying to get my head straight dealing with the
everything one day at a time

"Granby" wrote in message
Matt, thank you for this. Have been wondering where you are in the mess
of a storm that is in your part of the country.
. ..

.

[...]

crowd surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the assignment
would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over
6,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All the
pups, as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own hearts.
Without hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I have one
to comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have been saving
kisses forever."
One after another they came forward begging for assignment. One
cozy-looking fluffy pup hesitantly asked, "Are there any children
coming? I would be very comforting for a child 'cause I'm soft and
squishy and I always wanted to be hugged." A group of Dalmatians came

Old September 12th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Sep 11, 11:00*am, "Matthew"
wrote:
[...]

A wonderful tribute for a sad, sad anniversary.

Thanks, Matthew.

Melissa
Old September 12th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

We're purring and praying for you Matthew. Yes, just take it one day at a
time.
(((((((((Matthew))))))))
Have you gotten any of my e-mails?
Kyla
"Matthew"
[...]

curious crowd surged excitedly forward, each pup wondering what the
assignment would be.
They were told by a solemn voice that unexpectedly, all at once, over
6,000 loving people had left Earth long before they were ready. All
the pups, as all pups do, felt the humans' pain deep in their own
hearts. Without hearing more, there was a clamoring among them - "May I
have one to comfort?" "I'll take two, I have a big heart." "I have
been saving kisses forever."

Old September 12th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

yes I have but not been in the right frame of mind to be getting back to my
old self but thank you for sending them

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

backyards? And, the ones who were abused. Who are they to wait for?
We don't talk about that much up here. We share our loved ones as
they arrive, happy to do so. But we all know there is nothing like
having your very own person who thinks you are the most special pup in

Old September 12th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

You're welcome and I'm here if you want to call me..I sent you my phone #.
((((((((Matthew)))))))...anything I can do for you?
Hugs, purrs, and prayers
Kyla

"Matthew"

Old September 14th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Matthew, that's so sweet - thank you.

/\.../\
('.')
(")_(") Kathy and Woodgie

15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 12:26 AM
Rainbow Bridge MoMo via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 10 January 20th 07 01:35 AM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM
Rainbow bridge? Tony Stanford Cat health & behaviour 2 August 12th 03 10:36 AM