Cats and Closets

Old October 21st 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cats and Closets

What is the attraction? Is it simply the closed door? Persia yowls at the
hall closet. It's a linen closet. I open it, she goes in. A few minutes
later she's out again. Then she's meowing at the other closet (this house
has more closets than I ever dreamed of). I open the door. (This one is a
junk closet I'm still trying to clean out.) She goes in. Comes back out.

Last week she wanted into the clothes closet in the 2nd bedroom. Double
bifold doors. I opened one side and let her in. She somehow managed to
close it behind her. She took a nap, then started yelling because she
couldn't get back out. Goofy cat! You're the one who shut the door!

I don't understand the attraction for cats and closets. She never seems
interested in the closet in the master bedroom. That door is always open.
Maybe I should close it and see what happens

Jill

Old October 21st 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 10/21/2011 07:11 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

One word: curiosity!
She is hoping she will find something interesting. TuTu does this even
with kitchen cabinets. If I open a low drawer, she will want to climb
in. MLB
Old October 21st 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Pyewacket (RB) was cured of his fascination for closets when he managed to
get shut in mine (which has sliding doors) as I was getting ready to go away
for a week. Fortunately, about 30 hours later, my kids decided to surprise
me by painting one of my rooms while I was away. My son-in-law heard Pye
meowing and opened the closet door. He said Pye made a beeline for the cat
door and raced outside. The precious boy had managed to "hold it" for the
entire 30 hours. However, I don't think he ever went into a closet again.

Joy

Old October 22nd 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I don't know why, but Dot just loves to rummage in a closet where I
keep rolls of gift wrapping paper and bows, as well as some unopened
presents. Whenever she manages to get in there, I just hear lots of
delighted rummaging and crinkling.

Right now, she seems so comparatively quiet and docile, napping on my
lap with her head pressed against my stomach.
Old October 22nd 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Oct 21, 9:11*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Rusty (RB) loved to go into my coat closet and the closet in my 2nd
bedroom,
as well as the storage room. They all have sliding doors which he had
no problem
opening and closing. In fact, once he hid in the storage room and the
cat-sitter
spent an hour looking for him. The hem of long coats were all covered
with orange
cat hair.
One time I saw the cabinet door under the kitchen sink opened by
itself
(I could only see the top part of the cabinet door);
Turned out it was Rusty opening the door and found a nice dark hiding
place there;

Old October 23rd 11, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:18:37 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
In article ,
Takayuki wrote:
I don't know why, but Dot just loves to rummage in a closet where I
keep rolls of gift wrapping paper and bows, as well as some unopened
presents. Whenever she manages to get in there, I just hear lots of
delighted rummaging and crinkling.

Right now, she seems so comparatively quiet and docile, napping on my
lap with her head pressed against my stomach.

What fun she must have in that closet. I am impressed that you have
unopened presents, I can't wait to open any I get.

You're very much like a cat that can't wait to get into an unopened
closet then.
Old October 23rd 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
What is the attraction? Is it simply the closed door? Persia yowls at
the hall closet. ........... brevity snip.

When they were kittens my three liked to examine closets and maybe take a
nap in one. Now they couldn't care less about closets.

Cats and closets Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 18 December 17th 07 09:03 PM
rec.pets.cats: Maine Coon Cats Breed-FAQ Valerie Johnston Cat Information 0 October 25th 05 05:34 AM
Cats & Closets jmcquown Cat anecdotes 20 July 7th 05 03:47 PM
rec.pets.cats: Maine Coon Cats Breed-FAQ Valerie Johnston Cat Information 0 April 27th 05 05:33 AM
Bengal Cats:are they hybrids or are they true domestic cats? Hemmaholic Cats - misc 1 February 26th 05 07:02 PM