[OT] Posting Frequency

Old April 10th 05, 07:01 PM
Candace

Mary wrote:
"Helen" wrote :

In conclusion, any newbie would learn more from one of Megan's

posts than
from twenty of yours. So I'm doing what I should have done days ago

-
you're
off to my killfile. Plonk

Jackass. You show yourself to be one of the little nasty people who

just
love to jump on the bandwagon whenever the bullies are at work.

Uh-huh, if you ever have a cat with kidney failure, and the longer they
live the more likely they will, you'll be grateful Helen is around.

Candace

Old April 10th 05, 07:14 PM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/10/05 12:57 PM:

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1113155272.0423d56571dabc5751eb319e8ecc4816@t eranews...

" [OT] Just took another picture of my pretty little Demi:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Demi11/ - her hair is *so* white
it's almost iridescent as you can see on her left side (the right side

when
you're looking at her. She looks like she could glow in the dark!

Man it does not get much more beautiful than that, does it? She has gold
eyes? Is it only cats that have blue eyes and are all white that have the
deafness gene? Does her hearing seem okay? How did you get Demi, excuse me
if you have already told this.

I think it's only the blue-eyed white cats who are deaf. Funny story
regarding that...

Demi is, um, let's say not the brightest bulb in the pack! ; DH and I are
always telling blonde jokes about her. One day DH was trying to get her
attention by calling her name (she was sitting about 5 feet in front of
him). I said, "Forget it, after 6 years she still hasn't figured out that
that's her name." DH said, "Well, she's a white cat, maybe she's deaf?"
(OK, don't comment of DH's level of intelligence if he had not determined
that pro or con in the 6 years we've had her ;). Anyway, I said, "No,
that's only white cats with blue eyes, watch..." And I quietly, but sharply
made a hissing noise. Demi immediately flattened to the floor and then took
off out of the room at the speed of white!

She may be so scary *because* of how we got her. She road 35 miles to DH's
work in the engine cowling of a coworker's truck when she was 6 weeks old.
DH saw a little black and white cat jump down out of the engine in the
parking lot when he coworker killed the engine and then shoot off into the
bushes. He managed to corner and grab her and put her in a large packing
box. He then called me to let me know we'd been adopted by a little black
and white kitten. It wasn't until we got her home and washed her off that
we found out the black on her was engine oil! [The coworker said he'd seen
kittens running around his house with no known home, so we think she was the
kitten of a stray or feral.]

Of course she could be so scary because she grew up in the company of the
B*tch Cat From H*ll!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Grant drove 40 miles on a hot August day to work in the engine of the
coworker I got him from and then was on black top for 8 hours before she
found him. He was about 6 weeks old. He was lucky to have survived. I guess
they really had to coddle him for a while. I didn't even know this had
happened until after I got him and SUgar. I couldn't believe it when she
told me.

Old April 10th 05, 07:26 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Mary wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote

(What I love is that people say this like free time is a bad
thing. It is, of course, what many people want even more than
money.)

Well, I'm disabled (I prefer DIFF-abled) so it isn't like I work

(I'd
love to, but can't) or anything. Oh well, such is life.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you find the Internet a stimulating
outlet? I have often thought it would be for people who
cannot or do not get out as much as they might like.

Well... It's an outlet. It allows me to be in contact with people that
I would miss otherwise. I see views that I wouldn't have "wasted my
time" with before, and sometimes have changed my perception based on
what someone else says (rare, since I'm really stubborn, but it has
happened).

I've found that when I get too "stimulated" I have to go offline, for
my sanity and to prevent people from thinking I'm just another nut.
It's awfully easy, for me to get angry with someone on usenet, since I
don't have to look the person in the eyes. I've also found that my
sense of sarcasm (for lack of a better word) gets misread, and there
isn't an emoticon for that (though I've been known to use the sarcasm
mode on note, just to be clear).

Don't be sorry (though I appreciate the concern), I had a wonderful,
active, running around like a crazed person life before this. It's
also really easy to fall into the "woe is me" trap, that I've set for
myself, so I like to make jokes about being a cripple. No, it isn't
funny, not at all, but keeps me from screaming at what I perceive to be
the unfairness of the world.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - who seems to be sermonizing, and I'm really
not.

Old April 10th 05, 07:32 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

CatNipped wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
news:1113155272.0423d56571dabc5751eb319e8ecc4816@t eranews...

" [OT] Just took another picture of my pretty little Demi:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Demi11/ - her hair is

*so* white
it's almost iridescent as you can see on her left side (the right

side
when
you're looking at her. She looks like she could glow in the dark!

Man it does not get much more beautiful than that, does it? She has

gold
eyes? Is it only cats that have blue eyes and are all white that

have the
deafness gene? Does her hearing seem okay? How did you get Demi,

excuse me
if you have already told this.

I think it's only the blue-eyed white cats who are deaf. Funny story
regarding that...

I thought it was white cats with one blue and one green eye that were
deaf? Well, Snowball (RB), that cat of my step-daughter's Aunt had the
off color eyes and was completely deaf, but had the best sense of what
was around her (she could feel when someone walked into the room). I
just loved her (yes, I visited the sister of my DH's ex. She, the ex,
is one of my best friends, how's that for weird?).

snipped very sweet Demi story

Old April 10th 05, 07:55 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1113155386.06a1d72d0ec1a26cdbf4e8fde3c0931e@t eranews...

"Helen" wrote :

In conclusion, any newbie would learn more from one of Megan's posts

than
from twenty of yours. So I'm doing what I should have done days ago -

you're
off to my killfile. Plonk

Jackass. You show yourself to be one of the little nasty people who just
love to jump on the bandwagon whenever the bullies are at work.

Somehow "Bandwagons R Us" just doesn't fit Helen - she has her own mind &
uses it, nor is she by any means a nasty person.

And as an aside (harking over to others posts floating around here
someplace), how on *earth* Karen C. could've earned your wrath/disdain is
completely beyond me...

To each their own.

Cathy

Old April 10th 05, 07:56 PM
CatNipped

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Don't be sorry (though I appreciate the concern), I had a wonderful,
active, running around like a crazed person life before this. It's
also really easy to fall into the "woe is me" trap, that I've set for
myself, so I like to make jokes about being a cripple. No, it isn't
funny, not at all, but keeps me from screaming at what I perceive to be
the unfairness of the world.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - who seems to be sermonizing, and I'm really
not.

I know how you feel (in fact I touched on it in another post, albeit
facetiously). Though not on disability, I *do* qualify for it on two
counts - fibromyalgia and degenerative disk disease. You're right, it's
easy to get into the "Why me" mode of self-pity, but it not only doesn't do
any good or change what is, it makes you a cripple whereas you disability
only makes you, as you said, "differently abled".

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 05, 07:58 PM
CatNipped

CatNipped wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Well, you may be right, I haven't looked it up I was just repeating what I'd
heard.

Well, Snowball (RB), that cat of my step-daughter's Aunt had the
off color eyes and was completely deaf, but had the best sense of what
was around her (she could feel when someone walked into the room). I
just loved her (yes, I visited the sister of my DH's ex. She, the ex,
is one of my best friends, how's that for weird?).

Not at all weird, it's called being an adult! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 05, 07:58 PM
CatNipped

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/10/05 12:57 PM:

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Don't you wish we humans had the survival ability and fortitude of cats??!
They're simply amazing!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 10th 05, 07:58 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/10/05 12:57 PM:

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Holy crow - both of those cats lucked out way back when! Big time.

Cathy

Cathy

Old April 10th 05, 08:01 PM
CatNipped

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , CatNipped at
wrote on 4/10/05 12:57 PM:

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, they really did. When you hear about what happens to most cats who
seek a warm place to sleep on top of an engine... well, I don't want to go
there, it's too awful to consider!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks to Phil P. for posting about Nutri-Cal for Liver Cancer cat David via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 1 February 20th 05 07:53 PM
[OT] Away for a while and a rant CatNipped Cat anecdotes 22 January 14th 05 03:16 PM
[OT] Christmas Carols Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 December 18th 04 05:51 AM
name frequency Ken Phifer Cats - misc 7 December 1st 04 03:47 AM
[OT] Away Some & Web Site CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 November 8th 04 04:21 PM