BENGAL cats

Old April 25th 05, 08:05 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Oh God. Please tell me someone didn't really say "birthing a
baby"...that is so disrespectful of children. Cats aren't children.
Cats deserve love and dedication like children do. Companion animals
are a life-long committment. But they are in NO WAY the same as having
a child. That's ludicrous.

Oh what a craven coward you are Lyn. You can't even quote someone *ELSE*
who wrote my screen name. Watching you pretend you can't see what I write
cracks me up, but this is getting pathetic when you have to alter what
*other* people write in order to snipe at me "anonymously".

As much as Megan freaks me out with her outrageous behavior, she is at

least
woman enough to address directly what I write and doesn't try to hide

behind
someone else to take pot shots at me. How cowardly is *THAT*!!! You're
ridiculous!

Lyn is a miserable asshole, who is determined to spread the misery.

Old April 25th 05, 08:46 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Philip wrote:

Dear lady ... calm down. Contain your hostility.

From the beginning, I had no doubt that I would meet up with a person

or two
operating with an unhealthy dedication to their pets. You have

suggested as
much with your "birthing a baby" analogy.

Oh God. Please tell me someone didn't really say "birthing a
baby"...that is so disrespectful of children. Cats aren't children.
Cats deserve love and dedication like children do. Companion animals
are a life-long committment. But they are in NO WAY the same as having
a child. That's ludicrous.

CN has borne her own children from her own body. I think she
knows what she is talking about.

Old April 25th 05, 10:19 PM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
Ok, let's talk about this point. Here are some unacceptable behaviors:
Repeatedly urinating in random locations about the house. Defecating on a
pillow or other places beyond the litter box. Shredding furniture.
Biting visitors. Frequent / expensive vet bills due to physical / genetic
defects. This is going to sound cold and unloving to read but here goes:
An indoor cat resides with me/us at our descretion. Cats have always
figured out the simply behavior rules pretty quick. Even the rare times
Rusty would yak up a furball, he'd do it on the tile floor a few feet away
from the litter box ... not on a fabric surface. (you probably don't want
to know how I taught him where it was ok to yak).

So how do you know a kitten is not going to have any of these problems?
What if he does develop something down the line? My brother adopted the
most adorable 8 week old kitten two years ago, and last year he developed
eosiphilic (sp?) granuloma complex, which requires him to get a shot every
three months. What would you do if this was your cat? Take him back to the
shelter after a year and say "sorry, he's defective"?
Luckily, my brother's not that type of person.

And no, I probably don't want to know how you taught your cat where it was
ok to yak. My cats are free to yak wherever they happen to be.
--
-Kelly

Old April 25th 05, 10:26 PM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
Thank you. I have toured two animal shelters this past week. Very
taxing. However, saving an animal from certain death is a ways down the
list from saving a child.

What does saving a child have to do with anything?

--
-Kelly

Old April 25th 05, 11:20 PM
-L.

KellyH wrote:
"Philip" wrote
Thank you. I have toured two animal shelters this past week. Very

taxing. However, saving an animal from certain death is a ways down

the
list from saving a child.

What does saving a child have to do with anything?

--
-Kelly

Somebody equated getting a cat with birthing a baby elsewhere in the
thread. I think that's what he was referencing.

-L.

Old April 25th 05, 11:31 PM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message

Oh God. Please tell me someone didn't really say "birthing a
baby"...that is so disrespectful of children. Cats aren't children.
Cats deserve love and dedication like children do. Companion animals
are a life-long committment. But they are in NO WAY the same as having
a child. That's ludicrous.

CN has borne her own children from her own body. I think she
knows what she is talking about.

And to elaborate...

*ANY* living being under my roof has my love and protection, so in *that
way*, yes it is the same as having a child. Just as I would not "get rid
of" one of my children who had a behavioral problem, neither would I "get
rid of" one of my cats who had a behavioral problem. I would either work
relentlessly to correct the problem or learn to live with it. I've never
"purchased" a cat, an animate possession. I've adopted cats, sentient
beings. And the commitment that entails lasts for the life of the cat.
*EVERYTHING* non-living in my home, including my home, takes second place to
all of the creatures living there. If I had to make a choice between my
house and my cats, I'd be packing my bags right now.

As for what Sherry posted, "At one time I'd have probably suggested you get
a Beanie Baby, but I'm starting to understand that *everyone* isn't as
passionate toward cats as most of us regular posters are, but still make
excellent cat owners with the right match." Sorry, but I disagree with
that. The problem with the above statement is that if the cat becomes ill,
injured, old, or just an inconvenience, which any living being is likely to
do, then the cat will be abandoned or euthanized in a New York second. If
you're not passionate towards a living being in your care then you should
find someone to take it who is.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 25th 05, 11:35 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

KellyH wrote:
"Philip" wrote
Thank you. I have toured two animal shelters this past week. Very

taxing. However, saving an animal from certain death is a ways down

the
list from saving a child.

What does saving a child have to do with anything?

--
-Kelly

Somebody equated getting a cat with birthing a baby elsewhere in the
thread. I think that's what he was referencing.

Wrong your freaking idiot - he posted this before I posted that! Sheesh,
get your head out of your ass!