An Introduction

Old June 1st 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default An Introduction

I have been lurking here for a couple weeks now and would like to introduce the
gang.

I'm Randy. My partner and I are the humble servants to:

Smokey aka Smokey-pea: Male DSH black 5 years old. Smokey is a BIG (20lb) boy,
very lovable but is afraid of his own shadow, litter mate to Sweetpea.

Sweetpea aka Sweety-pea, Whiney butt or grumpy face (don't believe anyone if
they tell you cats don't have expressions): Female DSH brown tabby 5 years old
about 14lbs. Lovable on her terms, champion napper.

Tippy aka Tippy Toes or trouble maker: Male DSH black and white tuxedo 3 years
old about 10 lbs. Extremely lovable as well as very fiesty. His self appointed
job is to keep everyone else in line which he does it with aplomb. Tippy's a
real character.

Theodora aka Teddy or Peanut: Female DLH calico 10 months old about 5 lbs
soaking wet. Lovable, a real sweetheart, and partner in crime with Tippy.

When we brought Teddy home she was only 5-6 weeks old. Her mother was hit by a
car. None of the other cats were overly impressed with her (to put it midly).
After all the ritual hissing and growling, we gave her a bath and dried her
off. She had lived her entire life in the garage and was very dirty. We put her
in a large box with food, water and a small litter box. Smokey and Sweetpea
pretty much ignored her after that, but Tippy of course has to take charge, he
wasn't at all happy with the new baby, after all, He was the baby! He would go
over, look over the edge of the box, growl, hiss and then throw up. He did that
several times that evening. After about a week they became soul mates and now
have a real ball running through the house and seeing what kind of trouble they
can get into.

We feel truly blessed to have been appointed caretakes to these remarkable
little furbabies (Beebies as we refer to them). They have brough such joy and
happiness to our lives, I just can't imagine life without them.

I have a lot more stories and anecdotes I would like share in future posts. I
think I will really enjoy this group and hope you will get some pleasure and
laughs out of our gangs antics.

Randy

Old June 1st 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Randy" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hi Randy! Welcome to the group - it sounds like you've got your hands full
there! ; I can't wait to read your stories about your fur-babies!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 1st 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Randy" wrote in message
news Snip nice intro!

Tippy of course has to take charge, he
wasn't at all happy with the new baby, after all, He was the baby! He

would go
over, look over the edge of the box, growl, hiss and then throw up. He did

that
several times that evening.

ROFL!!! Oh my, not funny to him I am sure, but it sounds like so many kids I
know. Lovely introduction to your crew. I am slave to Sugar and Pearl.

Old June 1st 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"remarkable little furbabies"

Perfect turn of phrase.

Welcome.

Old June 1st 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Randy wrote:
[...]

Welcome to the group. Do you have any pictures of your clowder anywhere?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 1st 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 19:29:16 +0000, Randy wrote:

[...]

That was a great start. Now we are anxiously awaiting more. They sound
like a great gang. Best wishes. MLB

Old June 1st 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome to the group. I'm the slave of Cinnamon, Abby and Samwise.

Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
news

Old June 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome, but we want PICTURES!

Sandra

Old June 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Welcome to the group. Lily and I are located in MD, USA.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come