Stale cat food

Old May 19th 05, 06:23 AM
bigbadbarry

Default Stale cat food

Dry cat food just sitting in the bowl gets stale after about 4 hours,
by the next morning it is very stale, no wonder my cat wants new food
on top of old food.

I did the taste test. New food, ok...it's just cornmeal..a few chicken
lips...(no worse than bolonga, or potted meat)...but the food piling up
in the bowl?...icky! no texture at all...almost rubbery from soaking up
moisture from the air, just stale.

So, I want to get him a bowl with a nice air-tight lid, this should cut
down on wasted dry cat food.

BTW: Since Ruprecht starting eating science diet, I can tell he looks
noticeably better in general, he poops less, and eats less often. I
found out, he likes the fancy feast tuna concoction. As small as the
can is, he still only eats maybe a 3rd of this.

I don't want to dissapoint anyone and be too normal, or conforming so
those who got it comin, they know who they are...can pucker up and kiss
Ruprechts rosebud. (that's awful)

Old May 19th 05, 09:04 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I would have to say this is true dedication... although I will have to talk
my husband into doing the taste test seeing as I am a vegetarian.

You have now answered a question that I've always wondered... when they say
NEW IMPROVED on the catfood bag... how do they really know?

--
..oO rach Oo.

oups.com...

Old May 20th 05, 02:24 AM
bigbadbarry

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
You have now answered a question that I've always wondered... when

they say
NEW IMPROVED on the catfood bag... how do they really know?

can I be candid right here. I was at home one day...too tired to fix
lunch, or go get take out... here come the mailman with a sample of
ukenuba...like 6oz's of it..for puppys....I'm laying on the couch, the
sample bag is on the coffe table. I opened it to see the shape of it,
naturally I wanna smell it, ..I read the label is says, corn, etc...

I ate the whole bag. I tell ya aside form the occasional "grit"...I've
eaten health snacks that tasted worse then the sample. I have never
ever tasted canned food, that is too scary, (but most canned dog food
smells good).