For the love of ...

Old July 8th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default For the love of ...

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Oopsie. Yes, that *is* important. Just goes to show how frazzled
I've been.

Last night I got a glorious 12 hours of sleep. I think we're finally
to the point where she's not doing crazy things and I can relax and
sleep. I plan to do a lot of that this weekend.

Good for you. I was worried about you and Oscar. Have a nice relaxed
weekend.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 8th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
.... Someone asked me why Rob stuck with aviation, once. It has sucky
hours, low pay, poor bonuses and so forth. They're air happy. It would be
like taking a part of their souls away to take them out of the air.
.... Pam S.

Pam,

You are exactly right about that. Jim was flying (fixed wing) before he was
old enough to drive a car. He'd be down at the airport washing the private
planes to earn money for lessons.

And there's something about those of us who share our lives with these guys.
Losing Jim would be losing part of my soul. I get the feeling that you and
Britta feel the same way about your guys. And in helicopters, there are too
many close calls to count.

The hardest thing for me when Jim was in Vietnam was that I couldn't pray
for his safety. It was like praying somebody else would die. So, instead I
asked that I not be given a burden I couldn't bear.

Fortunately for us, I got what I prayed for. Others did not. Even all these
years later, I'm sure I would not be able to visit the wall in Washington,
D.C., without falling apart, but Jim has been there.

You and Rob deserve special credit, because his career was devoted to
serving our country. And because you stuck in there, you deserve to share
the credit.

And you guys (I mean y'all because I'm in the South) deserve better than
life has handed you. I know it makes the time you have together ever so
much precious.

Annie

Old July 9th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

The hardest thing for me when Jim was in Vietnam was that I couldn't pray
for his safety. It was like praying somebody else would die. So, instead
I asked that I not be given a burden I couldn't bear.

Fortunately for us, I got what I prayed for. Others did not. Even all
these years later, I'm sure I would not be able to visit the wall in
Washington, D.C., without falling apart, but Jim has been there.

You are going to be close the DC soon. The wall is really something you
shouldn't miss. And for a monument, it is surprisingly private for the
visitors. Sometimes you need to fall apart to learn you fit together OK
after all.

The proudest hour of my life was a lunch I shared with three friends in
1965, all on leave after basic training. All in uniform. My SIL's twin
brothers Navy and Air Force. My BF Army. Everyone I knew came home in one
piece. But virtually all the guys I went to school with made the trip to
the far side of the world.

Jo

Old July 9th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Annie Wxill wrote:
"Tanada" wrote in message
[...]

I couldn't bear it if Dennis flew in wars or other dangerous situations.
I was already a nervous wreck when he flew in Vancouver, single engine
helicopter, single pilot operation, flying in the mountains where the
weather was very changeable and the visibility always limited. Every
time he was a little late coming home from work, I'd freak out and start
worrying.
Luckily this job he has now is about as safe as you can get in
helicopters. Helicopter with 2 engines, pop out floats, fly straight
out to the rig over warm water, 2 pilots, etc. Same route every day, no
surprises, constantly monitored as to his position enroute. I would
rather have him be bored in camp, etc, than die in some mountain valley
in BC.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old July 9th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-08, Winnie penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Oopsie. Yes, that *is* important. Just goes to show how frazzled
I've been.

Last night I got a glorious 12 hours of sleep. I think we're
finally to the point where she's not doing crazy things and I can
relax and sleep. I plan to do a lot of that this weekend.

Good for you. I was worried about you and Oscar. Have a nice relaxed
weekend.

I have been ... I was hoping to get out and go mountain biking or
hiking, but it's been raining non-stop since Friday night. We can
always use the rain, and it's the nice slow kind that actually has a
chance to do some good, and it *is* soothing to listen to ... well, I
guess it's the equivalent of an e collar for me, keeping me from doing
too much.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 9th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-08, penned:

On 2006-07-06, Winnie penned:

Now you get me thinking of taking baths again instead of showers.
Have you tried Kneipp herbal bath products? They were recommended
to me by a massage therapist. I just love them.

I find that after a bath, I need a quick shower. I sweat enough in
the bath that I don't necessarily feel cleaner, just better.

My current bubble bath is some generic brand Lavender thing.
Before that I think my last bubble bath brand was Mr. Bubbles when
I was a kid! --

There's mine:
http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/lather.html .
That's how I happened on this thread, searching for "bubble" and
"bath".

What, to advertise your product? I see two posts ever from you on this
newsgroup, neither apparently having *anything* to do with cats and both
only pertaining to bubble bath. The last one is in 2003. I'll admit
this is better than scattershot spam, but it's still a bit rude. If
you want to post to this group, tell us about your cats or your
interactions with cats. We'll take just about anything from people
who do that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 9th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

What, to advertise your product? I see two posts ever from you on this
newsgroup, neither apparently having *anything* to do with cats and both
only pertaining to bubble bath. The last one is in 2003.

Actually I'm looking primarily for more people to test on to run up my
record of safety against urogenital irrit'n. I look for people who
"can't use bubble bath" to prove they can use mine even if they can't
use others. Also I look for occasional connoisseurs of bath foams to
have them try my formula. MOSTLY I'd like to hit someone who wants to
MAKE bubble bath and convence them to use my foaming formula as a base.
In addition I look for any remarks about bubble baths that tell me
more about what people think of such products. So now I know that
people don't like to get out of a bubble bath to clean up cat sissy,
but the bubbles in the bath probably make no difference to that! (Or
maybe they do; does breakage of the foam on getting out & back in make
it more of a loss?)

Ever hear about cats DEMONSTRATIVELY urinating or defecating where they
shouldn't? I'm assuming that was not what yours was doing.

I'll admit this is better than scattershot spam, but it's still a bit rude.

If I can be rude no more than twice in 3 years, I'm doing pretty well!

If you want to post to this group, tell us about your cats or your
interactions with cats.

They're a lot better with the introduction of loratidine (generic for
Claritin). The long series of desensitiz'n rxs from the allergist I
had as a kid helped maybe a little, Nasalchrom helped a little, but
loratidine is what finally perfected cats, and even some breeds of
dogs, as indoor pets. Otherwise I had to choose between sneezing &
wheezing and falling asleep with other antihistamines, and even they
weren't completely effective.

We'll take just about anything from people
who do that.
--

But you'll notice this thread has already drifted off the topic of cats
into many other directions. But it's far more than made up for by the

Robert

Old July 10th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-09, penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

[...]

Well, I personally don't have any issues with bubble baths resulting
in irritation ... but actually, yes, the loss of big stacks of foam
when you get out and back in again is definitely a bummer. Made up
for by the lovely lavender scent, I suppose. Before the bubble bath I
had sea salts with no particular scent at all, given to me by a
friend. Very nice on the skin.

Ever hear about cats DEMONSTRATIVELY urinating or defecating where
they shouldn't? I'm assuming that was not what yours was doing.

I've heard of it, and at this point I'm honestly not sure. She has an
injured, itchy paw, an upset tummy and diarrhea from the antibiotics I
force-fed her, a topical steroid cream, and a big plastic thing around
her head, plus she's confined to the master bedroom of the very large
house she's used to patrolling. Let's not forget multiple trips to
several vets, including a 24 hour stay in an emergency clinic with lots
of barking, yelping, and whimpering animals all around. In her position
I think I'd be tempted to pee on my guardian's head, not just on the
carpet!

I'll admit this is better than scattershot spam, but it's still a
bit rude.

If I can be rude no more than twice in 3 years, I'm doing pretty
well!

Hey, I don't know what else you've been up to besides posting these
messages =P

If you want to post to this group, tell us about your cats or your
interactions with cats.

They're a lot better with the introduction of loratidine (generic
for Claritin). The long series of desensitiz'n rxs from the
allergist I had as a kid helped maybe a little, Nasalchrom helped a
little, but loratidine is what finally perfected cats, and even some
breeds of dogs, as indoor pets. Otherwise I had to choose between
sneezing & wheezing and falling asleep with other antihistamines,
and even they weren't completely effective.

Eep. My husband had a lot of allergies as a teenager, but Oscar, a
long-haired grey cat, doesn't trip them. Other cats do. Go figure.
I always assumed hair length had something to do it, but apparently
not.

We'll take just about anything from people who do that.

But you'll notice this thread has already drifted off the topic of
cats into many other directions. But it's far more than made up for
by the rest of Usenet, where just about every thread, continued long
enough, drifts ONTO cats. They're just so funny.

Well, true, just about every thread here drifts if you give it a few
days. It's just generally considered poor form when your only posts
are to promote your products on a non-sales-oriented newsgroup. By
posting this response, you've proven that you're not the kind of
person that posts, never to be seen again.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

pictures:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/rpca
Old July 10th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Well, I personally don't have any issues with bubble baths resulting
in irritation ... but actually, yes, the loss of big stacks of foam
when you get out and back in again is definitely a bummer.

Heh...another advantage of my formula. Provided you splash it up well,
it makes a lathery, meringue-like foam you can squish around without
its breaking. I made it that way partly because the kids I made it for
liked playing with shaving cream.

Made up for by the lovely lavender scent, I suppose.

That'll have to be done by a final formulator. I sell this stuff
unscented.

Ever hear about cats DEMONSTRATIVELY urinating or defecating where
they shouldn't? I'm assuming that was not what yours was doing.

I've heard of it, and at this point I'm honestly not sure. She has an
injured, itchy paw, an upset tummy and diarrhea from the antibiotics I
force-fed her, a topical steroid cream, and a big plastic thing around
her head, plus she's confined to the master bedroom of the very large
house she's used to patrolling. Let's not forget multiple trips to
several vets, including a 24 hour stay in an emergency clinic with lots
of barking, yelping, and whimpering animals all around.

The nicest cat I ever met was in Aug. 2002 at a vet's group practice
somewhere between Jonestown & Hillsdale, Mich., where we were taking my
friend Nancy's dog Flash. The cat was a blood donor who also served as
a greeter for the animals & clients. How nice could an animal be to do
both those things? He was like, "Don't be afraid, this place is good
for animals, see how happy I am, pleased to meet you."

In her position
I think I'd be tempted to pee on my guardian's head, not just on the
carpet!

Oof! I had in mind 2 stories I'd been told. One of them was about a
cat my cousins took in who then got between Uncle Adam and the TV he
was watching late at night, and defecated right there. That cat (which
apparently wanted to show he was boss) was immediately thrown out,
never to be allowed back.

The other was my friend's sister's cat Pushkin. There was some
jealousy or att'n issue, I forgot who or what it had to do with.
Anyway, Pushkin, who didn't normally do such things, climbed into
Bonnie's open handbag and very demonstratively used both front paws to
individually empty it of items one at a time, then stood on his hind
legs and micturated within.

Well, true, just about every thread here drifts if you give it a few
days. It's just generally considered poor form when your only posts
are to promote your products on a non-sales-oriented newsgroup. By
posting this response, you've proven that you're not the kind of
person that posts, never to be seen again.
--

It'd be better for me if I didn't! This is how I wind up using many,
many hours. A foot in the door, then I wind up staying for who knows

Robert