Purr for a D-Pet, please. :(

Old January 18th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Update ....... Purr for a D-Pet, please. :(

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Not good. His kidneys were shutting down. Pretty much everything was
shutting down. TED said if not today, it would be soon, even if we did
'bring him back' from where he was now. We decided not to make Max suffer
anymore. He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry. Purrs for Max and for you.

Joyce
Old January 18th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jan 17, 9:49 am, "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:
Not good. His kidneys were shutting down. Pretty much everything was
shutting down. TED said if not today, it would be soon, even if we did
'bring him back' from where he was now. We decided not to make Max suffer
anymore. He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in messagenews:04ydndg8nN4w0BLanZ2dnUVZ_qelnZ2d@insig htbb.com...

Max, our aging dog (14 - 15 years old), is in poor health. For the past
week, he's been hurking up about 1/2 of what he eats... and he's gotten to
the point where he can barely stand (he's unsteady, and ends up looking
like Bambi did the first time he walked on ice - unless Max is on
carpeting, then he's OK, mostly). I think he might have had a stroke
during one of his hurking episodes, but he has lost a lot of weight.

He did eat 1/4 a small can of puppy food (more nutritious than adult dog
food) last night, and the rest of it this morning. Nothing's come back
up, but nothing's come out the other end either for the past 2 days. DH
is currently bathing him (he pee'd himself during the night) and we will
be taking him to TED for a check and consultation to see if this might be
"his time"

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
email me at nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep

I am so very sorry that you and your DH have had say goodbye to Max.
I shall go at once and light a candle for his safe passage to the
Bridge. My fourpaws send you purrs and gentle headbutts for giving
Max the ultimate gift of love.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
Old January 18th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about Max. We're sending comfort purrs your
way, and Rex adds a
dollop of doggie drool

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 18th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Not good. His kidneys were shutting down. Pretty much everything was
shutting down. TED said if not today, it would be soon, even if we did
'bring him back' from where he was now. We decided not to make Max suffer
anymore. He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry, Nancy. I came too late to this thread to send purrs. I
guess it was time for Max. Many purrs of condolence to you and Jeff.
Thank you for taking Max in and making his last years happy and full of
love in a safe home.

Old January 18th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Not good. His kidneys were shutting down. Pretty much everything was
shutting down. TED said if not today, it would be soon, even if we did
'bring him back' from where he was now. We decided not to make Max suffer
anymore. He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 18th 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha[_2_]

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:49:52 -0500 Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sincere condolences from us.
Micha

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with tomcats Merlin and Mark
Old January 18th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Oh, I am so sorry. Hugs and purrs to you in this sad time, and gentle
hugs to Max on his way to The Bridge.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old January 20th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

I came upon this late, but am sending hugs and the girl's purrs for
those left behind
a candle lit to guide him on his journey
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

Old January 21st 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Not good. His kidneys were shutting down. Pretty much everything was
shutting down. TED said if not today, it would be soon, even if we did
'bring him back' from where he was now. We decided not to make Max suffer
anymore. He is at rest now, or chasing shrews and skwerls (and probably
happily snacking away on them) at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lots and lots of hugs and purrs,
Polonca and Soncek