Boyfie had a nice day

Old February 23rd 12, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie had a nice day

It was almost tropical weather today (15C. 60ish F) so Boyfie decided to
spend most of the day outside, whilst checking in now and again to see if
there was anything in his bowl, of course!
He was also able to meatloaf on top of his beloved freezer in the
conservatory and catch some rays.
He loves sitting on top of that freezer on a blankie but it's been too cold
recently - only 3 weeks ago we had snow and the temps were dire, -6 to -10.
All this meant that the boy didn't spend the morning and some of the
afternoon on his duvet in his bedroom so after he had his Bite n Chew for
his teatime meal he is now exhausted and asleep on the settee. Normally he
wants to be on my knee all the time if I am sitting down but I was busy
cooking when "being an outdoor cat all day" overcame him.
Tweed

Old February 23rd 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

It was almost tropical weather today (15C. 60ish F) so Boyfie decided to
spend most of the day outside, whilst checking in now and again to see if
there was anything in his bowl, of course!
He was also able to meatloaf on top of his beloved freezer in the
conservatory and catch some rays.
He loves sitting on top of that freezer on a blankie but it's been too cold
recently - only 3 weeks ago we had snow and the temps were dire, -6 to -10.
All this meant that the boy didn't spend the morning and some of the
afternoon on his duvet in his bedroom so after he had his Bite n Chew for
his teatime meal he is now exhausted and asleep on the settee. Normally he
wants to be on my knee all the time if I am sitting down but I was busy
cooking when "being an outdoor cat all day" overcame him.

It's pretty warm here, too - about 70/21 degrees.

Glad Boyfie got to have a fun day outside. He's going to get confused,
though, when it's suddenly winter again.

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old February 23rd 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Nah, he won't get confused - he's a Brit :-) We're used to having different
weather almost every day due to our maritime climate as against a
continental climate which I think the USA has.

Old February 24th 12, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

It was almost tropical weather today (15C. 60ish F) ...

It's pretty warm here, too - about 70/21 degrees.

Glad Boyfie got to have a fun day outside. He's going to get
confused,
though, when it's suddenly winter again.

--

Nah, he won't get confused - he's a Brit :-) We're used to
having different weather almost every day due to our maritime
climate ...

Indeed. It was mentioned on TV this morning that some places in
the UK have seen a temperature range of more than 30°C (86°F) in
less than two weeks, from a minimum of -15.8°C to a maximum of
+16°C. That sort of variation is usually restricted to locations
such as the Sahara Desert!

--
MatSav

Old February 24th 12, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

wrote:
It was almost tropical weather today (15C. 60ish F) so Boyfie decided to
spend most of the day outside, whilst checking in now and again to see if
there was anything in his bowl, of course!
He was also able to meatloaf on top of his beloved freezer in the
conservatory and catch some rays.
He loves sitting on top of that freezer on a blankie but it's been too cold
recently - only 3 weeks ago we had snow and the temps were dire, -6 to -10.
All this meant that the boy didn't spend the morning and some of the
afternoon on his duvet in his bedroom so after he had his Bite n Chew for
his teatime meal he is now exhausted and asleep on the settee. Normally he
wants to be on my knee all the time if I am sitting down but I was busy
cooking when "being an outdoor cat all day" overcame him.
Tweed

60F isn't tropical to me, I'm still wearing a coat at that temp! Glad
Boyfie enjoyed
his day. Our weather in the interior plains varies wildly this time of
year too -- we can
have a 75 degree day, then snow/ice the next day. The only season that
the weather
doesn't change for us is June, July, and August. It was 75 here
yesterday, and I noticed
Frank is shedding his thick winter coat like mad--hope that's an
indicator that winter
is over. :-)

Sherry

I was talking to our condo gardener today He said the tulips are
showing up a few inches. They usually arrive too early then are ruined
by another snow storm. TuTu asked to go out on the patio but it was
really cold today. We are expecting another snow storm this weekend,
MLB
Old February 24th 12, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

It was almost tropical weather today (15C. 60ish F) ...

It's pretty warm here, too - about 70/21 degrees.

Glad Boyfie got to have a fun day outside. He's going to get confused,
though, when it's suddenly winter again.

--

Nah, he won't get confused - he's a Brit :-) We're used to having
different weather almost every day due to our maritime climate ...

Indeed. It was mentioned on TV this morning that some places in the UK
have seen a temperature range of more than 30°C (86°F) in less than two
weeks, from a minimum of -15.8°C to a maximum of +16°C. That sort of
variation is usually restricted to locations such as the Sahara Desert!

I didn't get the extreme minus temps but it did get to -10c one night and
here we are less than three weeks later in megaplus temps. 12C today. Oh,
joy!

Boyfie is a sensible cat. He asks to go out after his brekkie, takes a look
when I open the door and if it is very cold he decides his bladder can wait
and retires to his bedroom. Heavy rain gets the same response.
However, like yesterday, he was surprised by the mild weather and chose to
spend a lot of the day outside.
He's been out quite a lot today too - he knows it's only a matter of time
before the freeze comes back.
In a house without central heating we are both aware of the temperatures
outside anyway as it affects the temperature in the house. We are both used
to it.

Tweed

Old February 24th 12, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
[...]

Amazing, that's the kind of day I hope for in high summer. I am old enough
to remember fahrenheit, although not quite so old as not to have more or
less converted to centigrade.

If we ever convert our currency to euros I am dead.
When Germany converted to euros, my friend Nüle said to me "well, I know
they have a value but I don't know what that is."

Tweed

Old February 24th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"MatSav" wrote in message

I didn't get the extreme minus temps but it did get to -10c one night and
here we are less than three weeks later in megaplus temps. 12C today. Oh,
joy!

Boyfie is a sensible cat. He asks to go out after his brekkie, takes a look
when I open the door and if it is very cold he decides his bladder can wait
and retires to his bedroom. Heavy rain gets the same response.
However, like yesterday, he was surprised by the mild weather and chose to
spend a lot of the day outside.
He's been out quite a lot today too - he knows it's only a matter of time
before the freeze comes back.
In a house without central heating we are both aware of the temperatures
outside anyway as it affects the temperature in the house. We are both used
to it.

Tweed

It has been a nice sunny day today, mild not hot, so I was surprised when I
saw a little boy paddling in the sea. The water temperature in February
must be very low.
--
Adrian
Old February 24th 12, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:

If we ever convert our currency to euros I am dead.
When Germany converted to euros, my friend Nüle said to me "well, I know
they have a value but I don't know what that is."

Tweed

I think it's very unlikely that we'll ever join the euro, certainly not in
the foreseeable future.
--
Adrian