Amber RB

Old March 27th 13, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Default Amber RB

---MIKE--- wrote:

About 2:00 this afternoon Amber started twitching her legs. I made a
vet appointment for 3:45. When I put her in the carrier she had stopped
breathing. The vet tech confirmed that she was gone. I left her to be
cremated. I'm glad that she died peacefully. She left a big hole in my
heart. We had lived together for over 18 years.

Sending you many purrs for Amber's passing. 18 years is a very long time
to share your life with another being. I lost my Cocoa aged 19.5 last
November, in very much the same way, and she also passed away peacefully
at home.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 27th 13, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Thank you everybody for your kind thoughts. Tiger doesn't seem to
notice (or care) that she is gone. I sent Art a picture which I asked
him to post to the group.

---MIKE---

________
Boyfriend did look on Kitty's bed-by-the-fire in the kitchen once or twice
to see if she was there but other than that he showed no signs of "missing"
her.
Which I thought was a good thing.

Tweed

Old March 27th 13, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Nik Simpson wrote:

I'm a great believer in getting a new kitten ASAP it really helps -

I have to wait and see what effect Amber's leaving has on Tiger. If I
do get another cat it would have to be a middle aged cat. I am too old
(83) to get a kitten. It would easily outlive me!

---MIKE---
______
What a perfect home you could offer to a 10+ year old cat, perhaps one that
has been bereaved of its elderly owner. As others have said, these cats get
overlooked in shelters but that's an idea for the future, not quite now.
Tweed

Old March 27th 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mike. Amber sounded like a wonderful cat. I know you and Tiger miss her terribly.

Sherry
Old March 28th 13, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

I'm so sorry for your loss.. It is always hard to lose a pet....

Old March 28th 13, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

Art did post the picture of Amber... What a beautiful cat.....

Old March 28th 13, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Yesterday I went to "Paws and Claws" - a cat shelter in my town to look
over possible cats. Most of the cats were young but there was a ten
year old named Swazie that was very friendly. Then in the evening I got
an email from Debbie (she gave me Ike and Amber) asking me if I would
like one of her cats (Coco). Coco is a very friendly older cat that
always jumps up on my lap when I visit. I have to talk to her about
this.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old March 28th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

On 3/28/2013 5:36 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
there was a ten
year old named Swazie that was very friendly.

Think how unlikely Swazie is to quickly find a new home. The older cat
has a much tougher time.

I took Emma at 11, a couple years ago, and she's been a fine kitty.

Art

Old March 29th 13, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:33:53 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
---MIKE--- wrote:
Yesterday I went to "Paws and Claws" - a cat shelter in my town to look
over possible cats. Most of the cats were young but there was a ten
year old named Swazie that was very friendly. Then in the evening I got
an email from Debbie (she gave me Ike and Amber) asking me if I would
like one of her cats (Coco). Coco is a very friendly older cat that
always jumps up on my lap when I visit. I have to talk to her about
this.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I'm sure you're savvy enough to go with the cat that conects with you,
they both sound nice and friendly.

I'm sure that whichever cat you choose it will have a lovely life with
you. Older cats have difficulty getting a new forever home so it's good
that you're considering having one.

Judith

One of the reasons is medical bills. If you're going to adopt an older
cat the odds are that you'll be hit by medical bills sooner. I'm far
from rich but I can afford to pay for an older cat and all of mine are
getting up there. Espy (RB) did manage to avoid the large bills by
just dying without any warning. I'm sure Nipsy, Marlo, and Scooter
will make up for it sooner or later.

Amber ???? ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 3 February 5th 10 01:10 AM
Amber again ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 3 October 14th 08 10:59 PM
Amber follows the sun. ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 4 October 6th 07 07:23 AM
Amber at age 15 MaryL Cat anecdotes 11 July 15th 05 05:41 PM
Why is Amber doing this? ---MIKE--- Cat health & behaviour 2 March 31st 05 07:01 PM