Dave's dream

Old August 22nd 14, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default Dave's dream

Is this a sign? I popped out today (as of when did I stop celebrating payday by having a hedonistic spree and start celebrating it by treating myself to a very good toaster? I've got a cheap 2-slice model that works just fine but we eat a lot of toast and I've got sick of doing some for Dave and then having to do some for myself- the new one is a very slick 4-slice model)

Anyway I got back from the shops and Dave told me he'd had a dream in which Bonnie came up to him and spoke to him in a very proper voice (as befits a genteel decorous gannet) and simply said "I want a kitten".

not sure if that's Dave subconscious or whether Bonnie asked the Mothership to beam into his brain (he's not wearing a tinfoil helmet)

But once Dave gets over this current illness (he's getting a lot better btw) then looks like we're looking for the next owner

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old August 23rd 14, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/22/2014 3:34 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Dave to get better soon. You never know when that Mothership
might beam that information into his or your head.

Jill
Old August 24th 14, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Weird thing- since Bonnie apparently communicated to Dave that it was no fun being the alpha cat when you're the only cat in the house-she's been amazingly affectionate - she's always been slightly aloof only seeking affection from time to time. Yesterday morning she curled up next to Dave's shoulder then came and sat on me- she's even slept on my lap for a bit.

For me the sad bit was last night when I slept on the bed for the first time in ages and I rolled over, spread the duvet out and patted it down and curled up then realised I wasn't going to have my Sarsi Snuggle Buddy next to me

Old August 24th 14, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/24/2014 2:01 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Weird thing- since Bonnie apparently communicated to Dave that it was no fun being the alpha cat when you're the only cat in the house-she's been amazingly affectionate - she's always been slightly aloof only seeking affection from time to time. Yesterday morning she curled up next to Dave's shoulder then came and sat on me- she's even slept on my lap for a bit.

For me the sad bit was last night when I slept on the bed for the first time in ages and I rolled over, spread the duvet out and patted it down and curled up then realised I wasn't going to have my Sarsi Snuggle Buddy next to me

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

I know exactly how you feel. I turned over this morning and wondered
why my sweet Persia wasn't on the bed, tapping my nose to get me out of bed.

Purrs for your loss, Lesley.

Jill
Old August 25th 14, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 12:07:19 PM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
I know exactly how you feel. I turned over this morning and wondered why my sweet Persia wasn't on the bed, tapping my nose to get me out of bed. Purrs for your loss,

I miss her most then- we always had this thing when if I was in bed and Dave wasn't I'd roll over and sometimes she'd be waiting for me and other times not but I had to curl up in a specific way and flatten the duvet just so and if she wasn't there I's call out "Sarsi Snuggle Buddy-where's my snuggle buddy?" and sometimes even say things like "WAH! No snuggle buddy for me" And sooner or later she'd come over, demand some skritchies (if I pretended to be asleep she'd pat my face to wake me up) then she'd snuggle up next to me on the duvet and we'd go to sleep

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball

Dave goes for it! (OT) Lesley Cat anecdotes 10 August 28th 08 10:24 PM
Dave G update Yowie Cat anecdotes 35 December 9th 06 10:09 AM
Dave G Yowie Cat anecdotes 39 October 16th 06 06:04 AM
the story of dave Chris Cat health & behaviour 5 March 31st 05 11:28 PM
I met Dave Y & Patty! Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 11 July 15th 04 08:41 AM