Rhett is doing better

Old August 25th 14, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Rhett is doing better

The lysine is doing the trick. It never occurred to me that this was
viral. I really thought it was something stuck in his throat.

Anyway, he was vomiting a little so I stopped the antibiotics and will
let the vet know tomorrow. He's almost finished with them anyway. He
has been getting his voice back and I can hear him meow now!

Since it is so hard to get him to take the gel version of l-lysine, I'm
going to try these treats. Only 2 chews = 250 mg of lysine so I don't
have to get him to eat many. They will be good for Scarlett, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ALE9RM/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 25th 14, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/24/2014 9:45 PM, Cheryl wrote:
The lysine is doing the trick. It never occurred to me that this was
viral. I really thought it was something stuck in his throat.

Anyway, he was vomiting a little so I stopped the antibiotics and will
let the vet know tomorrow. He's almost finished with them anyway. He
has been getting his voice back and I can hear him meow now!

This is good news!

I'm not a doctor or a vet but I was always told don't stop taking
antibiotics just because things seem to be better. Your vet will tell
you what is best, of course.

Since it is so hard to get him to take the gel version of l-lysine, I'm
going to try these treats. Only 2 chews = 250 mg of lysine so I don't
have to get him to eat many. They will be good for Scarlett, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ALE9RM/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

I hope he likes the chewy "treat" version. Whenever I had to pill
Persia the pill pockets worked, at least for a little while. Then she'd
start to wonder why I was suddenly giving her treats.

Purrs continue that this clears up quickly and completely.

Jill
Old August 25th 14, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/24/2014 7:27 PM, Cheryl wrote:
jmcquown Wrote in message:
[...]

Thanks Jill. I'm going to see what TED says but I only stopped the antibiotics because of the vomiting. He also isn't coughing that I've heard so this is good news!

Yes, it really does sound like good news.

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 26th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
The lysine is doing the trick. It never occurred to me that this was
viral. I really thought it was something stuck in his throat.

Anyway, he was vomiting a little so I stopped the antibiotics and will let
the vet know tomorrow. He's almost finished with them anyway. He has been
getting his voice back and I can hear him meow now!

Since it is so hard to get him to take the gel version of l-lysine, I'm
going to try these treats. Only 2 chews = 250 mg of lysine so I don't
have to get him to eat many. They will be good for Scarlett, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ALE9RM/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

--
?.¸¸.?*¨`*?
Cheryl

so happy to hear that Rhett is doing well now. Lysine chews sound like a
good idea.

Tweed

Old August 26th 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/25/2014 3:41 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

That's good news.

Purrs for Rhett to get over this very quickly.

Judith

Thank you Judith! He still hates me but I can't let that stop me from
giving him the lysine. I just tell him I love him and whisper to him
before I put him on the countertop to get his dose. I tell him this will
get him better. He doesn't fight, but he doesn't like it.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 26th 14, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
The lysine is doing the trick. It never occurred to me that this was
viral. I really thought it was something stuck in his throat.

Anyway, he was vomiting a little so I stopped the antibiotics and will let
the vet know tomorrow. He's almost finished with them anyway. He has been
getting his voice back and I can hear him meow now!

Since it is so hard to get him to take the gel version of l-lysine, I'm
going to try these treats. Only 2 chews = 250 mg of lysine so I don't
have to get him to eat many. They will be good for Scarlett, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ALE9RM/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

--
?.¸¸.?*¨`*?
Cheryl

so happy to hear that Rhett is doing well now. Lysine chews sound like a
good idea.

Tweed

I'll let you know Wednesday when they get here if he'll eat them. He's
kind of picky. I ordered the smaller pack to see if they take to them.
Chances are that Scarlett will because she'll eat anything. Rhett has
started eating canned food more lately and I added some of the gel to
the food in one bowl, and it's all gone. But they were all eating from
that bowl.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 26th 14, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
The lysine is doing the trick. It never occurred to me that this was
viral. I really thought it was something stuck in his throat.

Anyway, he was vomiting a little so I stopped the antibiotics and will let
the vet know tomorrow. He's almost finished with them anyway. He has been
getting his voice back and I can hear him meow now!

Since it is so hard to get him to take the gel version of l-lysine, I'm
going to try these treats. Only 2 chews = 250 mg of lysine so I don't
have to get him to eat many. They will be good for Scarlett, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ALE9RM/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

--
?.¸¸.?*¨`*?
Cheryl

so happy to hear that Rhett is doing well now. Lysine chews sound like a
good idea.

Tweed

Oh and Tweed, you'll not approve of the supplements. They have sugar in
the form of glycerin. But I only intend to give them the smallest amount
to get the amino acid into them, particularly Rhett.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 26th 14, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/25/2014 6:17 PM, Cheryl wrote:
On 8/25/2014 3:41 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

That's good news.

Purrs for Rhett to get over this very quickly.

Judith

Thank you Judith! He still hates me but I can't let that stop me from
giving him the lysine. I just tell him I love him and whisper to him
before I put him on the countertop to get his dose. I tell him this will
get him better. He doesn't fight, but he doesn't like it.

I sympathize completely.

Joy

Rhett Cheryl[_3_] Cat anecdotes 8 March 22nd 14 01:02 AM
Rhett scared me Cheryl Cat anecdotes 8 July 1st 06 04:35 AM
Another Rhett Story Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 June 3rd 06 09:43 PM
Rhett has a new obsession Cheryl Cat anecdotes 26 May 30th 06 01:19 AM
Rhett and Scarlett pic Cheryl Cat anecdotes 18 December 2nd 04 05:53 PM