The mission of a cat ...

Old January 19th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default The mission of a cat ...

is to keep his or her human(s) guessing.

When I got Koala, I had a cat that had to have canned food morning and
evening, in spite of the fact that there's kibble out all the time. He
immediately decided that he had to have it too. A few months ago he
changed his demands to "canned food every morning, and in the evening if
I feel like it". I give him the morning food before I fix my own
breakfast, and I was fixing his evening food before I fixed my dinner
(naturally ;-) ). Then he started not showing up for the evening food,
so now I give it to him only if he comes to the kitchen before or while
I'm fixing my dinner.

Pickles has never shown any interest in the canned food, unless it's
tuna, when she sometimes demands some. Usually when he gets his canned
food, it's time for Pickles to lead me into the living room for some
private petting and skritching. She won't share - if I'm petting her
and Koala comes up for some, she walks away. Lately she has
occasionally decided that she would rather have the canned food for the
petting and skritching. She would indicate that by shoving Koala away
from the dish and eating the food herself, so I started giving her a
little dish of it when I fed him. For a while, she wanted it every day,
then just once in a while.

She hasn't asked for the food for some time. However, this morning when
I fed Koala, instead of following me into the living room, she stood and
watched Koala eat. When I came back from the living room, she was
eating and Koala was watching. I fixed another dish of food and put it
down. She immediately left the room, and Koala ate that food too.
Old January 19th 17, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

OK, I hope I'm not breaking any taboos here, because I don't think I've seen
anyone post a link to a YouTube video here before now. I'm pretty confident
you'll be able to view this since the user-agent string in the header info on
your posts shows me this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.6.0

That stuff in parentheses indicates a 64-bit version of Windows 7 (or Windows
Server 2008, but the kernel is pretty much the same either way), and therefore
it's reasonable to presume that you have a fairly capable computer, Furthermore,
the domain name (dslextreme.com) suggests you're probably not on an internet
connection that's too slow for this. That being the case, I hope you'll enjoy
this video of two cats sharing a bowl of milk in a rather comical manner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7oEakY0tU

No offense intended by all that technical stuff, Joy,..but there are still some
people out who can't watch videos online because the're using older computers
aren't up to it, and sometimes they get a little touchy if you offer a link to a
video, so I check header info first.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 19th 17, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:58:52 -0500, John Kasupski wrote:

No offense intended by all that technical stuff, Joy,..but there are still some
people out who can't watch videos online because the're using older computers
aren't up to it, and sometimes they get a little touchy if you offer a link to a
video,

There are people who THINK they can't do things, but haven't tied in the
last 10 years, and there are (AND always will be) those who bitch and
whine about anything they don't like, so to survive in Usenet, you need
to develop a think skin, and ignore the trolls and a&^holes.

That ESPECIALLY goes in the food group that you're already aware of.

Even GLyN (Gato Loco y Negro) knows THAT.

Old January 20th 17, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 1/19/2017 4:58 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

OK, I hope I'm not breaking any taboos here, because I don't think I've seen
anyone post a link to a YouTube video here before now. I'm pretty confident
you'll be able to view

(snippage)

this video of two cats sharing a bowl of milk in a rather comical manner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7oEakY0tU

No offense intended by all that technical stuff, Joy,..but there are still some
people out who can't watch videos online because the're using older computers
aren't up to it, and sometimes they get a little touchy if you offer a link to a
video, so I check header info first.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

I doubt anyone here is going to get touchy about it. It was a cute
video.

Jill
Old January 20th 17, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/19/2017 1:58 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

[...]

Thank you, John. I laughed for almost the entire three minutes. The
larger, spotted cat was definitely the more polite of the two.

No offense taken. The amount I understand about computers and their ilk
is minute compared to what there is to understand. I frequently refer
to my son or son-in-law for instruction, since they are both software
engineers.

You definitely weren't breaking any taboos, and I enjoyed the video
thoroughly.
Old January 20th 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 1/19/2017 2:11 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 16:58:52 -0500, John Kasupski wrote:

No offense intended by all that technical stuff, Joy,..but there are still some
people out who can't watch videos online because the're using older computers
aren't up to it, and sometimes they get a little touchy if you offer a link to a
video,

There are people who THINK they can't do things, but haven't tied in the
last 10 years, and there are (AND always will be) those who bitch and
whine about anything they don't like, so to survive in Usenet, you need
to develop a think skin, and ignore the trolls and a&^holes.

That ESPECIALLY goes in the food group that you're already aware of.

Even GLyN (Gato Loco y Negro) knows THAT.

Thank you for explaining GLyN's name. I've often wondered about it.

Old January 20th 17, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:11:44 -0800, The New Other Guy
wrote:

There are people who THINK they can't do things, but haven't tied in the
last 10 years, and there are (AND always will be) those who bitch and
whine about anything they don't like, so to survive in Usenet, you need
to develop a think skin, and ignore the trolls and a&^holes.

That ESPECIALLY goes in the food group that you're already aware of.

Even GLyN (Gato Loco y Negro) knows THAT.

I know that too. I have been active on Usenet for more than ten years and know
all about trolls and other commonly encountered annoyances, and how to deal with
them. That's one reason I learned to read header info to begin with. ;-)

I don't think Joy - or Jill, who is in that food group and who I know already
looked at that video - are any of those things, so it doesn't hurt to be
considerate, especially since I'm new to this group and would prefer for the
regulars to consider me a welcome addition to this NG and not somebody they'd
just as soon had stayed away.

Gato Loco y Negro - crazy black cat? I didn't take Spanish in school, so most of
my understanding of Spanish came from the Hispanic woman next door, and that's
all been verbal, not in print.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Old January 20th 17, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I did take Spanish in school, and I'd say your neighbor is a good
teacher. That translation is right on.

Joy
Old January 20th 17, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 1/19/2017 4:58 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

OK, I hope I'm not breaking any taboos here, because I don't think I've seen
anyone post a link to a YouTube video here before now. I'm pretty confident
you'll be able to view

(snippage)

this video of two cats sharing a bowl of milk in a rather comical manner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7oEakY0tU

No offense intended by all that technical stuff, Joy,..but there are still some
people out who can't watch videos online because the're using older computers
aren't up to it, and sometimes they get a little touchy if you offer a link to a
video, so I check header info first.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

I doubt anyone here is going to get touchy about it. It was a cute
video.

And people post videos here a lot, so no problem!

Joyce

--
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing
that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
Old January 20th 17, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

No offense taken. The amount I understand about computers and their ilk
is minute compared to what there is to understand. I frequently refer
to my son or son-in-law for instruction, since they are both software
engineers.

Joy, there's so much information about computers to know and understand,
that the amount I know is also minute compared to what there is to know,
and I've worked in the software industry since the early 80s! You can't
possibly know it all, it's too vast.

Joyce