New Light

Old February 22nd 12, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default New Light

This morning when I got up I noticed my lovely dark grey cat, Persia, has a
light grey muzzle! The light never hit her quite right before. Now I see
it! She's got light fur on her nose and around her mouth and chin. My
little girl is getting old. (Best guess, she's 14 years old.) She's
perfectly fine health-wise but it's somewhat disturbing to see the obvious
signs of aging. (sigh)

Jill

Old February 22nd 12, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

This morning when I got up I noticed my lovely dark grey cat, Persia, has a
light grey muzzle! The light never hit her quite right before. Now I see
it! She's got light fur on her nose and around her mouth and chin. My
little girl is getting old. (Best guess, she's 14 years old.) She's
perfectly fine health-wise but it's somewhat disturbing to see the obvious
signs of aging. (sigh)

Jill

I understand perfectly. Holly is still solid black, but I see certain signs
of aging. She is still remarkably agile for her age (will be 17 in June),
but she is now thinner than when she is young and does not jump to such high
places. Still, she will leap from a chair in the corner of the room to the
bed or some other object with incredible grace. It makes me a bit sad just
to think of her age because I know I will eventually have to face the
inevitable. Even Duffy is now about 13 or 14 years old (estimated), and
that's hard to believe.

Persia is a beautiful cat!!

MaryL

Old February 22nd 12, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 22, 8:30*am, "MaryL" wrote:
"jmcquown" *wrote in ...

[...]

Boots is 13 and I am starting to see stray white hairs in her black
coat which
I wonder are gray hairs. Holly *is* remarkable for her age. Both Yoda
and
Cherokee lived to be 17, and by that time they both really acted old.

Sherry
Old February 22nd 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 02/22/2012 07:50 AM, Sherry wrote:
On Feb 22, 8:30 am, wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in ...

[...]

TuTu either is or will be 15 -- could be more but not less. She has
some trouble jumping to a chair -- sometimes tries a couple of times.
Her appetite is good and she is "regular". She sleeps a lot and loves
to be brushed. Her eyes are not as bright as they used to be. I wish
she could chase butterflies but she is inside only and I haven't seen a
butterfly around here in years. MLB
Old February 22nd 12, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Amber is 17 1/2. Her fur looks about the same but she has lost weight.
She can't jump but step stools allow her to get on the sofa, my bed, and
her heated window seat. She eats but not a lot at a time. She does
pee and poop as she always has. She loves to be brushed with the "love
glove"

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old February 23rd 12, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 2/22/2012 9:30 AM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

Bonnie is also a completely black cat but I see a few white fur strands
coming through.

Old February 23rd 12, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Feb 22, 8:30 am, "MaryL" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in ...

[...]

Thank you, Mary! I still can't see your posts. I have no idea why.

MaryL

Boots is 13 and I am starting to see stray white hairs in her black
coat which
I wonder are gray hairs. Holly *is* remarkable for her age. Both Yoda
and
Cherokee lived to be 17, and by that time they both really acted old.

Sherry

Persia doesn't act old. But then, she's always been a rather sedate cat,
which is about my speed She uses the kitty steps to get up on the bed.
Or to look out the front window. She still gets the zoomies occasionally
and tosses around toy mousies. Dashes around hither and yon. Then she
finds the closest puddle of sunshine and takes a nap

Jill