Holly's furdoption day

Old November 23rd 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Holly's furdoption day

Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been thanksgiving
for me ever since.

MaryL

Old November 24th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:56:16 -0600, MaryL wrote:

Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

MaryL

Wishing Holly a very Happy Birthday and good health and lots of fun. MLB
and TuTu
Old November 24th 12, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 11/23/2012 1:56 PM, MaryL wrote:
Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

Happy early adoption day Mary and Holly! 17 years! So how much white
fur does she have now mixed in all that black fur? She's so pretty.

Old November 24th 12, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chak

"MaryL" wrote in
:

Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life
17 years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

MaryL

Your furkid is 17 years old? Oh, that gives me great hope for my Doc.
He's 11 now, and still in excellent health, but it makes me a little sad
to think I'll have to do without him someday. But not soon!

Chak

--
I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to
seriously re-evaluate your life.
Old November 24th 12, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...

On 11/23/2012 1:56 PM, MaryL wrote:
Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

Happy early adoption day Mary and Holly! 17 years! So how much white
fur does she have now mixed in all that black fur? She's so pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She's amazing...her fur is still glossy black and *not a single white hair*
on her entire body.

MaryL

Old November 24th 12, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Chak" wrote in message ...

"MaryL" wrote in
:

Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life
17 years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

MaryL

Your furkid is 17 years old? Oh, that gives me great hope for my Doc.
He's 11 now, and still in excellent health, but it makes me a little sad
to think I'll have to do without him someday. But not soon!

Chak

~~~~~~~
Eleven is really not all that old. My other cat, Duffy, is 14 years old and
in excellent health. My first cat lived to be 20 and did not show any signs
of aging until he was 18.5 years old. So, take good care of Doc, get good
veterinary care, and don't let anyone tell you to stop giving him optimum
care because he's "too old." I hear that all the time--some people think 7
or 8 is "old" and just accept slowing down as an inevitable sign of aging,
when it's not. I do know what you mean by that feeling of sadness. I often
get that same feeling.

MaryL

Old November 24th 12, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/23/2012 1:56 PM, MaryL wrote:
Tomorrow (Nov. 24) is Holly's furdoption day. She came into my life 17
years ago the day after USA Thanksgiving, and it has truly been
thanksgiving for me ever since.

MaryL

She's a wonderful reason to be thankful! Happy furday, Holly!

Jill
Old November 24th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:21:18 AM UTC-5, MaryL wrote:
"Chak" wrote in message ...

"MaryL" wrote in

:

[...]

Rusty(RB) lived to be 16 years old despite poor health since he was 2.
He probably could have lived longer but it was very difficult near the end.
At first I didn't think he would make it to 10. But his vet told me otherwise.
I was prepared years ago before for the eventual goodbye.
Don't feel sad. Just treasure your time with your cats and count each
day you have each another a blessing. I thank God for giving me 15 years
with Rusty. -- Winnie

Old November 24th 12, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Rusty" wrote in message

On Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:21:18 AM UTC-5, MaryL wrote:
"Chak" wrote in message ...

"MaryL" wrote in

:

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are right. I sometimes get a feeling of sadness when I realize that I
cannot have Holly and Duffy forever, but those are only very temporary
feelings. By contrast, I have great joy every day just having them near me.

MaryL

Old November 24th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Happy Adoption Day to Sweet Holly. I have always marveled at how much younger she looks in her pictures than she really is.

Sherry

Duffy's 9th furdoption day and 14th birthday MaryL[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 February 1st 12 07:14 AM
Duffy's 8th furdoption day and 13th purrday MaryL Cat anecdotes 11 February 1st 11 10:52 AM
It's Holly's adoption anniversary again MaryL Cat anecdotes 5 November 23rd 07 07:31 AM
Holly's gift MaryL Cat anecdotes 4 October 24th 03 07:01 AM
Holly's gift MaryL Cat anecdotes 1 October 20th 03 02:47 PM