get your cats fixed already jeezE!

Old August 19th 14, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_4_]

Default get your cats fixed already jeezE!

sad really, I hope they get adopted.

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...4bb229930236e1

Person drops off about 100 tuxedo cats at shelter
The Associated Press
NOVATO, Calif. (AP) - The San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/1Bm6coH )
reports that someone has dropped off more than 100 tuxedo cats, which are
named for their distinctive black and white markings, at an animal shelter.

Marin Humane Society spokeswoman Lisa Bloch says that on Monday, a car
pulled up to the Marin Humane Society in Novato, leaving behind three boxes.

Bloch tells the newspaper that inside were 24 tuxedo cats. She says it was
the fourth such occurrence in the last 18 months.

The newspaper reports that all the cats, which range in age from kitten to
full-grown, appeared to be in good health, with no fleas or diseases.

The person who's responsible for leaving the cats has been caught on
surveillance tape - and Bloch tells the newspaper that it appears to be the
same person every time. The shelter wants to offer the person information
about getting pets fixed.

----------
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Old August 21st 14, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I just love tuxies! Betty was a tuxie, and Dot's a tuxie too.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 23:17:16 -0500, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:
Person drops off about 100 tuxedo cats at shelter

But this is a bit much!

Still, I'd be tempted to go to this shelter and just wade into a torrent of
tuxedo legrubs and headbutts.
Old August 21st 14, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_4_]

wrote:
Person drops off about 100 tuxedo cats at shelter

But this is a bit much!

Still, I'd be tempted to go to this shelter and just wade into a torrent
of
tuxedo legrubs and headbutts.

haha
ya they are cute

Old August 22nd 14, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

[...]

Here, in UK, if you cannot afford to get your cat desexed there are a lot of
charities that will help you.
When Boyfie came as a stray, intact tom, I had no intention of keeping him
and decided to ask the CPL for help with neutering and rehoming.
But in the end I couldn't bear to part with him and his neutering cost me
£5. Bargain for us both. Not only didn't they have a new cat to rehome but
Boyfie got his one true home.

Old August 22nd 14, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/21/2014 7:40 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 00:30:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Here, in UK, if you cannot afford to get your cat desexed there are a lot of
charities that will help you.

Same here, at least where I am.

But FIRST, you have to WANT to get it done!

Same here but so many people just can't be bothered... Sad.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old August 22nd 14, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/19/2014 12:17 AM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
sad really, I hope they get adopted.

http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...4bb229930236e1

Person drops off about 100 tuxedo cats at shelter
The Associated Press
NOVATO, Calif. (AP) - The San Francisco Chronicle (http://bit.ly/1Bm6coH )
reports that someone has dropped off more than 100 tuxedo cats, which are
named for their distinctive black and white markings, at an animal shelter.

(snippage)

The newspaper reports that all the cats, which range in age from kitten to
full-grown, appeared to be in good health, with no fleas or diseases.

At least the cats are showing up in good health. But really, people,
get your cats fixed!

I don't know a thing about breeding cats. I am slightly curious as to
why they're all tuxedos. Do they have a "King" and a "Queen" breeding
pair? One would think once in a while there would be a variation from
what I think of as a typical tuxedo (patches of white and dark fur).
But again, I don't know a thing about feline genetics.

At least this wasn't a dreadful cat-hoarder story.

The person who's responsible for leaving the cats has been caught on
surveillance tape - and Bloch tells the newspaper that it appears to be the
same person every time. The shelter wants to offer the person information
about getting pets fixed.

That person *definitely* needs info on spay/neutering. They also need
to be contributing money to the shelter. Dumping that many cats there,
not once but three times over the course of 18 months is not doing
anything other than putting a strain on the shelter's resources.

When shelters ask for donations they don't mean "more cats, please!"
Good lord.

Jill
Old August 22nd 14, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

Here, in UK, if you cannot afford to get your cat desexed there are a lot of
charities that will help you.

Same here, at least where I am.

Including the local SPCA/County Animal Shelter. (They don't really
WANT to euthanize them, but their space is limited.)
Old August 23rd 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...

wrote:

Here, in UK, if you cannot afford to get your cat desexed there are a
lot of charities that will help you.

Same here, at least where I am.

Including the local SPCA/County Animal Shelter. (They don't really WANT
to euthanize them, but their space is limited.)

We have cat shelters here but as far as I know they do not euthanise.
Unlike the RSPCA. Unless they have changed. I have no time for them
whatsoever.

Old August 26th 14, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...

wrote:

Here, in UK, if you cannot afford to get your cat desexed there are a
lot of charities that will help you.

Same here, at least where I am.

Including the local SPCA/County Animal Shelter. (They don't really WANT
to euthanize them, but their space is limited.)

we don't seem to have the same problem you have. We don't have kill
shelters (apart from the Rspca) Maybe they have changed over the years
since I gor Trim from death row there. She was not many days from the
needle. But I got her safe here.
She was very difficult, once I got her I knew why she'd been dumped.
Anyway, we came to an agreement. she did what I said or didn't get her
food. Worked perfectly.
She loved me and vice versa..I still miss her. She rose up from her bed
one day to threaten a person I thought I knew was Ok. I was annoyed by that
and told her off.
She was quite right about it as it turned out.

Old August 29th 14, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell

m...

wrote:

[...]

I always take notice of how an animal reacts around a person, they seem to
sense some things we don't.

Judith

she was quite right. She bit him when he got up from the sofa, just in case
he dared to come towards me. Although seemed quite Ok at the time I found
out from my job that he was not.
He was fine with me, but Trim just *knew* that he was dodgy.

K.