I think the badboycat is gone

Old August 23rd 14, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I think the badboycat is gone

Phew. Boyfie seems safe meatloafing on his freezer now.
He just loves the freezer so he has a nice quilt on top of it.
but a bad tomcat came in and attacked him, which is not nice since he was
minding his own business in his own house. Cost me 50 quid at the vet.
I think that cat was passing through on the way to looking for girls, for
weeks. So then he is hungry and wants to find food in my house. Boyfie
says No. and then there is a fight.
I just wish that everyone would neuter boys, they are a perfect nuisance if
you don't.

Old August 24th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Phew. Boyfie seems safe meatloafing on his freezer now.
He just loves the freezer so he has a nice quilt on top of it.
but a bad tomcat came in and attacked him, which is not nice since he was
minding his own business in his own house. Cost me 50 quid at the vet.
I think that cat was passing through on the way to looking for girls, for
weeks. So then he is hungry and wants to find food in my house. Boyfie
says No. and then there is a fight.
I just wish that everyone would neuter boys, they are a perfect nuisance if
you don't.

Glad to hear the tom is gone. It's not just boycats who need to be
neutered. Female should be spayed. I don't understand the reluctance
in *any* country to do so.

Jill
Old August 24th 14, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Phew. Boyfie seems safe meatloafing on his freezer now.
He just loves the freezer so he has a nice quilt on top of it.
but a bad tomcat came in and attacked him, which is not nice since he
was
minding his own business in his own house. Cost me 50 quid at the vet.
I think that cat was passing through on the way to looking for girls, for
weeks. So then he is hungry and wants to find food in my house. Boyfie
says No. and then there is a fight.
I just wish that everyone would neuter boys, they are a perfect nuisance
if
you don't.

Glad to hear the tom is gone. It's not just boycats who need to be
neutered. Female should be spayed. I don't understand the reluctance in
*any* country to do so.

Jill

Most people spay females here because they don't want to get kittens and
they mainly do the boys too. But sometime they don't want to pay for the
boys to be done. And then there are a nuisance. Coming into my house and
fighting my boy who was meatloafing on his beloved freezer in his own house
and was probably asleep at the time, it's not acceptable..

Old August 24th 14, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I understand that, Tweed. What I don't understand is the attitude of
not getting both males and females desexed. As has been pointed out, if
money is an issue there are programs that will assist with the cost if
necessary.

Intact males can be aggressive and very territorial. I don't have to
tell you. Not only that, they spray to mark territory. I'm sure that
testosterone urine smell cannot be pleasant. Granted, I have not
encountered it myself but I've certainly read about it over the years.

I'm very grateful whoever abandoned Persia had the common sense to have
her spayed before they dumped her into my loving lap.

Jill
Old August 26th 14, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Intact males can be aggressive and very territorial. I don't have to tell
you. Not only that, they spray to mark territory. I'm sure that
testosterone urine smell cannot be pleasant. Granted, I have not
encountered it myself but I've certainly read about it over the years.

The old tomcat I had a child was too old to be neutered when we found him
starving lying almost at death's door under our hedge. The vet said the
anaesthetic would be too dangerous for him, although they are much safer
now.

I hate to think how long or how far he must have wandered with his tattered
ears and abcesses from fighting. He absolutely stank for the whole time we
had him, his whole body smelt of strong tomcat urine. He wasn't housetrained
and was a grump.
I was a soft-hearted child who loved animals and insisted on keeping him.
My mother wasn't so keen especially after he pooed in my shoe..but I had a
rapport with him, he used to wait outside the door for me to come home from
school and I'd pick him up and carry him inside, and he'd purr like mad. I
ignored his smell.
After the shoe incident which was the second incident that happened when I
kept him in overnight, he had to pushed outside at bedtime. The first time
I told my mother it would be a good idea to keep him in at night she agreed.
He removed the grill from under the fridge (it was kind of fitted in)
crawled into the cavity wall and pooed in there. We couldn't remove the poo
so you all can imagine the smell for weeks. I persuaded my mother to give
him another chance but he blew it by pooing in one of my school shoes that
my mother had just bought the very next time he was inside overnight.

Boyfie wasn't neutered when he arrived here and it took months before I
could get him tame enough to take him for the snip but he spent time in the
house before that and never once sprayed

I'm very grateful whoever abandoned Persia had the common sense to have
her spayed before they dumped her into my loving lap.

But not the common sense to not have her declawed :-(

KFC had also been spayed when she moved in phew

Tweed

Old August 26th 14, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, that declawed thing ticked me off. But then again these same
people most likely abandoned Persia which doesn't exactly spell "common
sense", does it? She was such a loving sweet cat, I simply cannot
imagine someone just left her behind like that. Or if she wandered off,
didn't at least notify the area vets and shelters. I really tried to
find these people. Oh well, their loss was my gain.

Jill

Old August 26th 14, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Phew. Boyfie seems safe meatloafing on his freezer now.

He just loves the freezer so he has a nice quilt on top of it.

but a bad tomcat came in and attacked him, which is not nice since he
was minding his own business in his own house. Cost me 50 quid at the
vet. I think that cat was passing through on the way to looking for
girls, for weeks. So then he is hungry and wants to find food in my
house. Boyfie says No. and then there is a fight.

I just wish that everyone would neuter boys, they are a perfect nuisance
if you don't.

Purrs that he has gone away for ever so that Boyfie can feel safe again.

I hope so but I'm not holding my breath. He is on his rounds of the
countryside looking for girls and is prepared to be away for weeks to do so.
I think he was hungry and tried my house that seemed to have a door open.
Unfortunately Boyfie was there and objected vehemently. Twice.
ATM he seems to have wandered on.
but his hormones are driving him to be such a nuisance and his owners should
be ashamed that my lovely boy got beaten up by their thug because they
couldn't bother to pay to get him snipped. As Jill says, you can get help
with desexing in the USA, and here too.
So no excuse, really.
If that cat comes again and attacks Boyfie in his own home, it's time for a
trap and if I catch him then he'll get snipped whoever he belongs to.
It's almost worse for un-neutered boys than girls. Girls have kittens but
boys wander around getting killed on the road, getting lost and fighting.

Tweed

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old August 26th 14, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
didn't at least notify the area vets and shelters. I really tried to find
these people. Oh well, their loss was my gain.

Declawing is illegal here. America is the only place that it can be done.
My vets would be struck off if they did it except for medical reasons.
And it's time for American vets to refuse to do it as a routine thing along
with spaying.
It's disgusting.
Cats have claws and if that cannot be coped with, then don't have one.

Old August 26th 14, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
didn't at least notify the area vets and shelters. I really tried to find
these people. Oh well, their loss was my gain.

Declawing is illegal here. America is the only place that it can be done.
My vets would be struck off if they did it except for medical reasons.
And it's time for American vets to refuse to do it as a routine thing along
with spaying.
It's disgusting.
Cats have claws and if that cannot be coped with, then don't have one.

You're preaching to the choir.

Jill