Sweetie Pie needs some purrs

Old August 27th 14, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Default Sweetie Pie needs some purrs

She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then. I took her to the vet this morning after chasing her around the house for over half an hour. She got an antibiotic shot and 100cc of saline solution for dehydration. I took her home with a bottle of medicine to give her twice a day. The vet showed me an easy way to give it to her. So far she hasn't eaten. Purrs please.
Old August 27th 14, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matsav

Mike Mayers" wrote in message

She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then...

Purrs-a-plenty.

--
MatSav

Old August 27th 14, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/26/2014 7:08 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then. I took her to the vet this morning after chasing her around the house for over half an hour. She got an antibiotic shot and 100cc of saline solution for dehydration. I took her home with a bottle of medicine to give her twice a day. The vet showed me an easy way to give it to her. So far she hasn't eaten. Purrs please.

Purrs are on the way.

Would you mind sharing the easy way to give medicine?

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 27th 14, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/26/2014 10:08 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then. I took her to the vet this morning after chasing her around the house for over half an hour. She got an antibiotic shot and 100cc of saline solution for dehydration. I took her home with a bottle of medicine to give her twice a day. The vet showed me an easy way to give it to her. So far she hasn't eaten. Purrs please.

Purrs on the way. Persia didn't like tuna but I was able to tempt her
to eat a little canned chicken packed in water. She ate some of it and
definitely lapped up the broth. I hope Sweetie Pie will be fine.

Jill
Old August 27th 14, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

What the vet showed me was this. Put her on a table and grab her by the scruff of the neck. Lift up and the mouth will open and you can squirt the liquid medication in. I don't know if you can get pills in this way.
Old August 27th 14, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/27/2014 8:13 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
What the vet showed me was this. Put her on a table and grab her by the scruff of the neck. Lift up and the mouth will open and you can squirt the liquid medication in. I don't know if you can get pills in this way.

Pilling was always easy for me when Persia was younger. I had to get a
firm grip on her, sort of like a wrestling move holding her firmly
against my side. If you place your fingers just above the hinge of the
jaw they'll open their mouth. Pop in the pill (or the liquid med),
close her mouth and gently blow on her nose. This causes cats to
swallow reflexively.

Of course this was many years ago, before I ever heard of pill-pockets
and hadn't been given liquid medication.

Jill
Old August 27th 14, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Matsav" wrote in message ...

Mike Mayers" wrote in message

She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then...

Purrs-a-plenty.

--
MatSav

~~~~~~
Purrs for Sweetie Pie. Please give us an update.

MaryL

Old August 27th 14, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

She ate some fancy feast this morning but the vet said it could take 24 to 488 hours before she would get back to normal.
Old August 27th 14, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/27/2014 11:05 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
She ate some fancy feast this morning but the vet said it could take 24 to 488 hours before she would get back to normal.

Good to hear about the FF! Is one of the things the vet gave you an
appetite stimulant? When Persia was off her feed a few years ago she
prescribed one. It really did perk up her appetite.

Jill
Old August 27th 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message
She vomited in the litter box on Sunday and hasn't eaten since then. I took
her to the vet this morning after chasing her around the house for over half
an hour. She got an antibiotic shot and 100cc of saline solution for
dehydration. I took her home with a bottle of medicine to give her twice a
day. The vet showed me an easy way to give it to her. So far she hasn't
eaten. Purrs please.

Purrs for Sweetie Pie to get her appetite back coming from over the pond.
It's really worrying when they don't eat.
Did the vet given an indication of what the problem might be? Quite
rightly, he/she has taken the simplest option to see if it works. It often
does. Most owners don't want a whole battery of expensive tests at first
but if she doesn't soon eat soon you will have to go down that route.
Boyfie has a very quiet purr (quarter the volume of KFC's despite him being
twice her size) but he is sending it anyway for Sweetie Pie - he believes
it is very powerful nevertheless.

Tweed
P.S. He hasn't forgotten and neither have I.