do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

Old April 6th 16, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default do you have a bathmat on top of the fridge?

....and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

Old April 7th 16, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2016-04-06 8:11 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

My computer is on a battered wooden desk with drawers. Years ago, when I
first found this piece of furniture left behind in a house I rented,
Mandy (RB), like many cat, liked sitting on the keyboard, so I kept the
top drawer on the left open as an alternate perch. Of course, I put a
small pillow in it to make it more comfortable. Cinnamon doesn't like it
much, but I still have the habit of leaving it ready for her.

--
Cheryl

---

Old April 7th 16, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 4/6/2016 5:41 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

Management in my house requires me to move all my papers to one side so
3 cats can jump onto the table as soon as I sit down to write. So far,
they haven't required a bath mat on the fridge, but they do demand that
most of the bed should be reserved for them.

MaryL

Old April 7th 16, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 23:41:29 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

GLyN only jumped up there once, easily made it from the floor.
After looking around long enough for me to snap a picture, he
left it, and has never tried it again.

But usually, I have things like 2 liter bottles and boxes up there.

Old April 7th 16, 08:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

GLyN only jumped up there once, easily made it from the floor.
After looking around long enough for me to snap a picture, he
left it, and has never tried it again.

But usually, I have things like 2 liter bottles and boxes up there.

I don't think either of mine have ever tried it. There's too much stuff
up there.

Old April 7th 16, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

wrote:

...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

GLyN only jumped up there once, easily made it from the floor.
After looking around long enough for me to snap a picture, he
left it, and has never tried it again.

But usually, I have things like 2 liter bottles and boxes up there.

I don't think either of mine have ever tried it. There's too much stuff
up there.

I had a cat, MANY years ago, that pretty much lived up there,
and wasn't happy anywhere else. She could get up easily from
other cabinets, and it was tall enough that no one could even
see her if she wasn't up on the front edge.

I think she liked both the heat and very mild vibration.

Old April 7th 16, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/6/2016 6:41 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

LOL Buffy, like Persia before her, is not what Jackson Galaxy, cat
behaviourist

http://jacksongalaxy.com/

describes as a "tree dweller". The highest place she wants to be is on
our bed. The "cat tree" I have isn't a tall structure.

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

I didn't really have to do anything with Buffy, other than to add golf
balls to the cat toys she "inherited". She took right to that tree, the
crackle sack, the steps by the window in the dining room.

Persia was a different story. I'd never been owned by a cat before.
First came kitty toys... lots of them! Then the aforementioned cat
tree, which is just a carpeted cradle on stout wooden legs with a
carpeted barrel on the side. Oh, and Persia had a Drinkwell fountain.
I bought it because she kept sticking her head under the faucet to drink
when I was brushing my teeth. I did get rid of the fountain years
later. I don't know if the new ones are any better but that thing was a
PITA to clean!

Buffy has correctly assumed all the toys, the cat tree (such as it is)
and the crackle sack are hers.

Jill
Old April 7th 16, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

GLyN only jumped up there once, easily made it from the floor.
After looking around long enough for me to snap a picture, he
left it, and has never tried it again.

But usually, I have things like 2 liter bottles and boxes up there.

I don't think either of mine have ever tried it. There's too much stuff
up there.

I had a cat, MANY years ago, that pretty much lived up there,
and wasn't happy anywhere else. She could get up easily from
other cabinets, and it was tall enough that no one could even
see her if she wasn't up on the front edge.

I think she liked both the heat and very mild vibration.

I used to have a cat that liked to lie on top of my kitchen stove. That
was back in the days when ovens had a pilot light. When it was chilly,
especially, he'd lie on the flat area in the center, as close to the
back of the stove as he could get. The heat from the pilot light rose
up through the vent, and he got every drop of that heat he could.

Old April 7th 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

[...]

Some still do! I have one. And I much prefer that to the "click-click-click"
type of gas stove, which relies on electricity to light the oven burner.
With those, if the power goes out, no stove, no oven. I have electric heat,
so the oven might provide some warmth in case of power outage during the
winter.

When it was chilly,
especially, he'd lie on the flat area in the center, as close to the
back of the stove as he could get. The heat from the pilot light rose
up through the vent, and he got every drop of that heat he could.

And they're so useful as cat heaters!

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old April 8th 16, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 6:41:31 PM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
...and if not why not?

What other rearrangements of household furnishings have people
here been instructed by the management to carry out?

Not exactly furnishing but Squeakytoy demands that someone drink water just before bed so she can join them. Usually Mickey takes some pills right before bed and Squeaky gets on the table and starts in on the water when Mick is finished. Early on, she would object if Mickey finished the water or picked up the glass to put it away. No one would dare do that now. When Mickey was in the hospital it turned out to be _my_ duty to have a glass of water at bedtime and I was told this in bold, although squeaky, terms. There is always fresh, clean water in the bowl she shares with Samantha ****zu and she drinks that also.

--
Will in New Haven
https://sites.google.com/site/gloryroadrpg/home