A wonderful day

Old January 11th 04, 05:19 AM
John Biltz

Default A wonderful day

Yesterday was just a wonderful day for the cats, pretty good for me as
well. It was finally a warm sunny day here in Vegas. All that cold
weather that has been over Vegas for weeks finally moved east where it
belongs. My neighbor who stops in to take care of the cats when I'm gone
took a chair out on the grass to sit in the sun, I grabbed a chair and
joined her. She let her two cats outside, they are pretty much indoors
only so it was a real treat for them. My two of course followed me in
case something interesting might happen. The landscaper parked his John
Deere (cross between a golf cart and pickup truck) on the grass and while
it was not as much fun as a mattress truck it had a lot of interesting
things on it for four cats to inspect in minute detail and climb on. I
think there was at least two cats on it for the whole 90 minutes or so it
was parked there. The cats all managed to be civil to each other the
whole time so it was a pleasant few hours. Bruiser had enough time for a
short nap before his buddy Mathew showed up to grab a quick snack and bop
him on the head to wake him up so they could go and terrorize the
neighborhood for the next five hours. Since they are both kittens they
stopped by every hour or so to have a snack. If Bruiser ever stayed gone
for two whole hours I would be in a panic, there is no way he could go
that long without eating unless he was in serious trouble. When he
finally came in the guy was just exhausted, he went straight to bed and
didn't move until morning.

Old January 11th 04, 06:37 AM
Hopitus2

I've been reading about the lousy weather in your area lately. That was
indeed a wonderful day; a nice change. For you hoomins and the cats.

.net...
:

Old January 11th 04, 03:24 PM
John Biltz

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:37:09 -0800, Hopitus2 wrote
(in message ):

I've been reading about the lousy weather in your area lately. That was
indeed a wonderful day; a nice change. For you hoomins and the cats.

The weather has really turned. Mid to low 60s for the next 10 days. Our
winter normally runs from mid December to mid January so I am hoping this
means winter is over. This was the first winter in Nevada to really
bother me, but it was a pretty bad one for here. A couple inches of snow
don't do the palm trees any good.

.net...

Old January 11th 04, 08:22 PM
SUQKRT

In article , John Biltz
wrote:

When he finally came in the guy was just exhausted, he went straight to bed

and didn't move until morning.

A kitten's work is never done.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.