Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 7th 04, 08:36 PM
Jette Goldie

"Gracecat" wrote
Satanism is a branch of paganism. Yet it's one that is far far far far
removed from Wicca and it's cousins.

Err, no - to be a Satanist, one would have to believe in Satan -
which Pagans and Wiccans don't. A Satanist is a twisted form
of Christian. A very twisted form of Christian.

I've found the term "Pagan" is actually better received in the UK
than "Wiccan", which has connotations of "witchcraft".

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old May 7th 04, 08:36 PM
Jette Goldie

"GraceCat" wrote

The definition of paganism that I learned is: "those religions that do
not follow the faith and beliefs of the Sons of Abraham." Those include
Muslim, Judaism, and Christianity. Anything else, buddhaism, tao,
siskrit etc are technically by that definition, paganism. Although its
practioners might disagree . Most of today is neopagan, which includes
wicca and have been around for the most of the last 200 years. The older
religions that I'm aware of are voodoo, witchcraft (which wicca can use,
its similar), the occult which includes Satanism.

Pagan - coming from "paganus" - gods of the countryside.

However since one of the Pagan god-figures is "Herne"
who is a horned man, and another is Pan, who is a horned
man with goat legs, these god-figures become confused
with the idea of "Satan", giving rise to the idea that Pagans
worship Satan.

Another form is "Heathen", from "worshipper on the heath".

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old May 8th 04, 02:25 AM
Tanada

Julie Snowshoe wrote:

Wait a minute, is this statement right? If so then I'm misunderstanding
what I've read. Having been raised Christian I became very interested
in paganism and wicca when we first began discussions like this years
ago. I bought books which I read so that I would understand more about
the beliefs of many of my friends here. I understood that Satanism
would be an offshoot of Christianity/Judism since Satan is a Christian
entity. If you don't believe in God then you wouldn't believe in Satan.
That's not to say that there aren't dark forces in pagan/wiccan beliefs
but that they are more a part of the balance of nature rather than an
evil being designed to turn you from God.

From what I've learned, you're correct Julie. As a pagan I don't
believe in Heaven or Hell, and people condemning me to the nether
regions doesn't faze me much, if any. I've always thought of Satanism
as a form of reverse Christianity. As you have to believe in the nether
regions to worship them.

For me paganism is a celebration of the unity of the universe and of
those within it. But then, I also celebrate at the altar of the Church
of the Porcelain Three-Three.

What can I say?

Pam S.

Old May 8th 04, 03:11 AM
Yowie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message

snip

By the way, the only stereotype of Japanese I roll my eyes @ is that tv
cooking show, "Iron Chef", of which Yowie is so fond. Do you ever watch

it?
If so, I bet you'd probably be ROFL
@ the translations given of what the "judges" are remarking re the final
contestant dishes they're sampling onscreen. I don't speak a word of
Japanese except "arigato" and it looks contrived and phony to me, just by
their expressions. Sure learned a lot about Japanese delicacies during the
cooking (extreme closeups) processes.

The reason why its so funny is *because* its so contrived and phony.

Then again, I love really bad horror movies - I guess schlocky phony-ness
appeals to me (but I also like cooking shows and what the Iron Chefs creat
in an hour *astounds* me)

Yowie

Old May 8th 04, 03:31 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sherry wrote:

Oh, come on. You're always so nice. You and Marina and Polonca..well,

lots more
I won't try to name everyone. You all always make me feel all convicted

for
being so impetuous and hot-headed. I work on it, though, and try to read

a post
twice before I send it.

You mean I'm not the only one who deletes a lot of posts before I can
send them and still sticks her paw in her mouth on occasion? WOW!! I
don't feel so alone any more.

You have *no idea* how many flames reside in my draft folder for a little
while before getting deleted. It feels good to get the steam out, but as I
do alot of work off-line I have enough time between writing and actually
uploading to delete most. Unfortunatley I occasionally reply whilest still
on-line and some do sneak out, But generally not on this group, thank the
Porcelain Three Three.

Yowie

Old May 8th 04, 06:28 AM
badwilson

wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

DH, who said, "No, it wasn't "Toad Squat." It was "The Toad Suck
Festival" in Conway, ARK.

That's even more bizarre!!

Looking forward to the Christopher Guest movie about it.

Joyce

Isn't that where they suck or lick the backs of certain toads in order to
get high?
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered