Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 8th 04, 06:28 AM
badwilson

wrote in message
Sherry wrote:

DH, who said, "No, it wasn't "Toad Squat." It was "The Toad Suck
Festival" in Conway, ARK.

That's even more bizarre!!

Looking forward to the Christopher Guest movie about it.

Joyce

Isn't that where they suck or lick the backs of certain toads in order to
get high?
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old May 8th 04, 04:43 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 08 May 2004 08:31:03 GMT, O J wrote:

On Sat, 8 May, Britta wrote:

Isn't that where they suck or lick the backs of certain toads in order to
get high?

Britta

This is apparently one of Arkansas premier festivals. The
explanation for the name is as follows from
http://www.judygerber.com/toad_suck.htm:

Regards,
O J

Guess the truth behind the name doesn't live up to some of the wilder
guesses.

One thing though, take the ":" off the end of the link if you decide
to look at the web site.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 8th 04, 06:50 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Takayuki
wrote:

Suz likes that show too! I've also watched several episodes, and I've
probably drooled more often than ROFL watching them. Except for that
time they made cod spooge ice cream.

Iron Chef ice cream is a frightening thing. I'm well aware that its just a show
not a guide to the Japanese. Its unique which is very rare in todays tv.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old May 8th 04, 08:30 PM
Hopitus2

Heh. What a cute little cat you made.

"SUQKRT" wrote in message
:
: In article , Takayuki
: wrote:
:
:
: Suz likes that show too! I've also watched several episodes, and I've
: probably drooled more often than ROFL watching them. Except for that
: time they made cod spooge ice cream.
:
:
: Iron Chef ice cream is a frightening thing. I'm well aware that its just a
show
: not a guide to the Japanese. Its unique which is very rare in todays tv.
: Suz
: Macmoosette
: Thank Heavens There's Only One
: =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=
:
:
:
: Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.
:
: |\__/|
: (=':'=)
: (")_(")
:

Old May 8th 04, 08:30 PM
Hopitus2

Heh. What a cute little cat you made.

"SUQKRT" wrote in message
:
: In article , Takayuki
: wrote:
:
:

Old May 9th 04, 12:10 AM
Yowie

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sherry wrote:

Since DH would not stop, I"ll never know what one does at a Toad Squat
Festival.

Sherry

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM????

Theresa

I know, I know. The man has no sense of adventure. :-)

Rob's dad was that way. They were driving from Florida to Idaho between
assignments (Dad was going to go to Vietnam for the second time) and
passed near the Grand Canyon. The whole family begged and pleaded, but
Dad refused to make the detour. This year we're taking that detour.

Cripes, thats so *not* our family! We've been known to hop in the car, and
then just drive, and just turning where the family consensus told us to go!
It often means you end up in a dead end country lane, but sometimes you
discover themost interesting and totally obscure places that you can drop in
and say G'Day (they'll remember you, since they never get anyone but locals
come through) when you are actually on your way to *somewhere*.

Even these days, I love just going for a drive, especially if its a damp and
dreary day and exploring all the roads I possibly can. In fact, youcan
almost hear Joel groan when I say cheerily (as I'm turning into it) "I
wonder where that road goes?".

Yowie

Old May 9th 04, 12:13 AM
Yowie

"Sherry " wrote in message
I have serious doubts over whether I would like to experience a "Toad

Squat
Festival", wherever it is. If there are toads involved, I don't like

them,
especially those big nervy ones that poison the dogs w/some kind of
paralyzing venom. Bufus I think they're called.

Oh, darn. I must make a correction. I became curious about the Toad Squat
Festival, and tried to find it on Google. Couldn't find it. Mentioned it

to DH,
who said, "No, it wasn't "Toad Squat." It was "The Toad Suck Festival" in
Conway, ARK.
My apologies to the organizers of the Toad Suck Festival, the reigning

Toad
Suck Queen, and any rpca members who may or may not have been

inconvenienced by
this regrettable error.

This post will have to be included in the FAQ. I don't know where or in what
category, but its just the sort of post (in the middle of a hot-potato
thread at that) that epitomises the character of this NG.

Yowie