Why the nip on the nose?

Old June 12th 04, 05:12 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Why the nip on the nose?

Every time I'm having a love-fest with Basho (our smallest cat, a
Tonkinese), he *insists* on nipping at my nose. He's the only one of our
seven cats who does this. What does it mean? I don't mind it, usually.
Sometimes he manages to snatch a fang inside the nose, and that kinda
hurts, but other than that it's just playful.
Crazy cat.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 12th 04, 05:44 AM
Helen Wheels

Victor Martinez wrote:
Every time I'm having a love-fest with Basho (our smallest cat, a
Tonkinese), he *insists* on nipping at my nose. He's the only one of our
seven cats who does this. What does it mean? I don't mind it, usually.
Sometimes he manages to snatch a fang inside the nose, and that kinda
hurts, but other than that it's just playful.
Crazy cat.

I think it's just a kind of kitty kiss. My Stirling (full name
Sir Stirling Schnozzbiter the Silly) has done it since he was a
kitten and probably always will. He looks up at your face like
he's about to give you a big kiss, then very gently closes his
teeth on the end of your nose instead. It must take special skill
to do the bite without hurting, and Stirling always does. If
Basho sometimes hurts you it must be your fault for moving

Helen Wheels

Old June 12th 04, 06:00 AM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Every time I'm having a love-fest with Basho (our smallest cat, a
Tonkinese), he *insists* on nipping at my nose. He's the only one of
our seven cats who does this. What does it mean? I don't mind it,
usually. Sometimes he manages to snatch a fang inside the nose, and
that kinda hurts, but other than that it's just playful.
Crazy cat.

Same reason Persia nips my knee when I'm sitting on the toilet It's
LOVE.

Jill

Old June 12th 04, 06:47 AM

Victor Martinez wrote:

Every time I'm having a love-fest with Basho (our smallest cat, a
Tonkinese), he *insists* on nipping at my nose. He's the only one of our
seven cats who does this. What does it mean? I don't mind it, usually.
Sometimes he manages to snatch a fang inside the nose, and that kinda
hurts, but other than that it's just playful.

It's a way of showing affection. I know that's hard to remember when you
have a needle-sharp canine tooth in your tender nostril, but really, that's
what it is. Roxy used to do it, usually in the midst of cuddling and rubbing
noses. It hurt, but it also made me laugh because it was so cute. For some
reason she stopped doing it - I didn't question it.

Joyce