Why the nip on the nose?

Old June 12th 04, 07:11 PM
lewe

Victor Martinez skrev i
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:rovyc.20382$KL2.3751@ fe2.texas.rr.com...
| Every time I'm having a love-fest with Basho (our smallest cat, a
| Tonkinese), he *insists* on nipping at my nose. He's the only one of our
| seven cats who does this. What does it mean? I don't mind it, usually.
| Sometimes he manages to snatch a fang inside the nose, and that kinda
| hurts, but other than that it's just playful.
| Crazy cat.

sounds like a lovebite.
I know many cats to do this. Thea does it most frequently of my two, that is
she doesn't really nip just opens her mouth and touches her teeth to my
face. "Katten" in Cyprus also always did this, especially if she thought I
wasn't in the best of moods and needing comforting.

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old June 12th 04, 07:11 PM
lewe

Old June 12th 04, 08:44 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:00:52 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Same reason Persia nips my knee when I'm sitting on the toilet It's
LOVE.

Jill

Same here with my Sabra -- except he nips my thighs. Ouch!

Ginger-lyn

Old June 12th 04, 10:01 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Kreisleriana
artfully composed this message within
on 12 Jun 2004:

Which naturally begs another question. Why are so many of them
the self-appointed bathroom escort? Nobody may go to the
bathroom alone in my house.

Same with my house! It helps out though, because the older two taught
this behavior to Bonnie and it turned out to be the only way to catch
her to get her to her vet appt this morning. Her yearly; she's very
healthy, thank God. She was a good girl and held still and didn't try
to fight the vet and tech, even when they trimmed her claws for me.
Surprisingly, she seems to have forgiven me already, though she
isn't following me all the way in the bathroom yet. lol

--
Cheryl