For the love of ...

Old July 6th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default For the love of ...

I mean, really. Peeing on my shirt. I could almost expect that. She
apparently doesn't believe me that Yesterday's News is actually
litter.

But peeing on my shirt *within two minutes of me stepping into a
bubble bath*? That's just cruel.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I mean, really. Peeing on my shirt. I could almost expect that. She
apparently doesn't believe me that Yesterday's News is actually
litter.

But peeing on my shirt *within two minutes of me stepping into a
bubble bath*? That's just cruel.

Seems you've been paid back for bringing her to TED! Be happy that's *ALL*
it was!!! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-05, CatNipped penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I mean, really. Peeing on my shirt. I could almost expect that.
She apparently doesn't believe me that Yesterday's News is actually
litter.

But peeing on my shirt *within two minutes of me stepping into a
bubble bath*? That's just cruel.

Seems you've been paid back for bringing her to TED! Be happy
that's *ALL* it was!!! ;

Hah! Maybe so.

I'm a little worried that she may have an infection. But I wonder if
she's just having issues climbing into the litter box because the
collar messes with her spatially. For example, earlier today I
encouraged her to jump off the counter after giving her the meds, and
she bumped the thing on the floor, giving her head a jolt. Poor baby!

Tomorrow I really have to go to work. So I need to figure out if I
can trust her to wander around with the cone in the bedroom, if I can
trust her not to lick her paw while she's in the cage (possible, I've
never seen her lick herself in any cage), or if I need to put her in
the cage with the collar (in which case I'm almost certain she won't
eat or drink, but at least any messes would be contained).

I am trying really, really hard not to be angry at DH for staying on
vacation through all this. For not just saying, "You know what, this
is driving you crazy, I'll come home and we can handle this together."
I know he needs a vacation, but ... I dunno. What's the point of
being married if you're not making sacrifices for each other?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On 2006-07-05, CatNipped penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I mean, really. Peeing on my shirt. I could almost expect that.
She apparently doesn't believe me that Yesterday's News is actually
litter.

Some cats, including Rusty, do not like Yesterday's News. Guess the
texture feel different
from the usual clay litter.

But peeing on my shirt *within two minutes of me stepping into a
bubble bath*? That's just cruel.

Seems you've been paid back for bringing her to TED! Be happy
that's *ALL* it was!!! ;

Hah! Maybe so.

I'm a little worried that she may have an infection. But I wonder if
she's just having issues climbing into the litter box because the
collar messes with her spatially. For example, earlier today I
encouraged her to jump off the counter after giving her the meds, and
she bumped the thing on the floor, giving her head a jolt. Poor baby!

An E-collar definietly affects a cat. I would think she will bump into
things more.

Tomorrow I really have to go to work. So I need to figure out if I
can trust her to wander around with the cone in the bedroom, if I can
trust her not to lick her paw while she's in the cage (possible, I've
never seen her lick herself in any cage), or if I need to put her in
the cage with the collar (in which case I'm almost certain she won't
eat or drink, but at least any messes would be contained).

If you decide to leave her in the bedroom, make sure there is no narrow
space where she
can be stuck. Do you know any cat-sitter? Maybe you can hire one to
come stay with Oscar
during the day. For me, I don't like having a stranger in my home.

I am trying really, really hard not to be angry at DH for staying on
vacation through all this. For not just saying, "You know what, this
is driving you crazy, I'll come home and we can handle this together."
I know he needs a vacation, but ... I dunno. What's the point of
being married if you're not making sacrifices for each other?

You probably feel like a single parent, right? I know the feeling well.
Don't know how many
times I wish my mother is here to pill Rusty. She is very good at it.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-06, Winnie penned:

Some cats, including Rusty, do not like Yesterday's News. Guess the
texture feel different from the usual clay litter.

Yeah. I brought her regular litter box up, so if she doesn't use that
I'll know something's very wrong. I've decided I'll take the risk of
having clumping litter -- I doubt she'll be going straight to the
litter box after giving her the cream, and her paws shouldn't get wet
when she uses the litterbox, anyway.

An E-collar definietly affects a cat. I would think she will bump
into things more.

Her response seems to be to seek out tight places and also to stick
close to edges, so she'll get "stuck" walking along a wall because of
something that sticks out an inch. And somehow she doesn't figure out
to move away from the wall.

She seems to fine getting up and down from the bed, so really she
should be able to handle the litterbox. Little stinker.

If you decide to leave her in the bedroom, make sure there is no
narrow space where she can be stuck. Do you know any cat-sitter?
Maybe you can hire one to come stay with Oscar during the day. For
me, I don't like having a stranger in my home.

She hasn't gotten stuck at all. That's one of the reasons I wanted to
be home today, to see what would happen. Last night she stayed behind
the shoe rack, but I moved the rack so that she couldn't get trapped
there by the collar.

You probably feel like a single parent, right? I know the feeling
well. Don't know how many times I wish my mother is here to pill
Rusty. She is very good at it.

Maybe, if the single parent thinks the other parent should be there
helping!

I can't imagine my mom trying to pill a cat. Not a patient woman.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I mean, really. Peeing on my shirt. I could almost expect that. She
apparently doesn't believe me that Yesterday's News is actually
litter.

But peeing on my shirt *within two minutes of me stepping into a
bubble bath*? That's just cruel.
--

But if you were going to take that shirt off & take a bath anyway...?

Old July 6th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-06, Jo Firey penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I still wouldn't want anyone peeing on it ... and anyway, she peed
so much, and the shirt is water repellant enough, that a bunch
leaked out onto the floor when I tried to pick it up.

But that was the whole point! Some slaves just don't understand
their mission.

Molly Into non-verbal communication

*giggle* Of course you're right, Molly. I guess I need to be beaten
with a clue by four.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 6th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

On 2006-07-06, Winnie penned:

You probably feel like a single parent, right? I know the feeling
well. Don't know how many times I wish my mother is here to pill
Rusty. She is very good at it.

Maybe, if the single parent thinks the other parent should be there
helping!

I can't imagine my mom trying to pill a cat. Not a patient woman.

Well, Oscar is your baby, Right? It stands to reason that you'd feel
overwhelmed with caring for her at times. I understand that this is her
first illness, right?

Whenever Rob was elsewhere, I felt cheated. He was out having fun while
I was stuck at home caring for the kids and cats. I would tell myself
that getting shot at was not fun, but there was this little part of me
that felt that I had it rougher than Rob did. I can laugh about it now,
but I'd get mad, then feel totally guilty for getting mad, but still be
mad for having to deal with all the emergencies myself. I've never told
Rob how I felt, as I always felt bad about it and figured that he didn't
need me adding to the burdens he was dealing with, as he missed a lot of
the kids' milestones.

Pam S.