Poll: Cat Genders

Old January 14th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Poll: Cat Genders

Reading Phoenix's post I saw that she has more female owners than male
ones. Until recently we were owned by more males than females, which
has recently evened out. Ok, what genders of your owners, are there
any reasons to be owned by one gender over another? I'll start out,
whether that is ok or not.

Females: 4/5 Tanada, QC, Sonya, Miss Calico Girl, and we're feeding
Meow Meow All of them are rescues.

Males: 4 Merlin, Pine Cone, Huey, and Qui Gun kit. 3 are rescues, QGK
is Sonya's son and could be counted as one.

2 feeders gender unknown. We think one is owned and a male, and the
other is a beautiful black/white tuxedo gender not even guessed at.
They look healther since they found the porch food and water station.
Meow Meow knows that was set up solely for her and defends it with her
life, and has chased off the other two even though they are much
bigger than she is. They still get plenty of eats, though.

We used to prefer males over females, then we got our first girlcat,
Tanada. She converted us to a life under her paw and now we rejoice
in being owned by both genders. We have noticed that there are
behavior differences between the two genders, but we consider them as
compliments and are glad to be owned.

Pam S. arrogant but curious

Old January 14th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Cat Genders

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
[...]

There is definitely a big difference between the genders. We have almost
always had one of each around. The girls are usually bossy and the boys are
usually demanding. And we love them all.

Jo

Old January 14th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Reading Phoenix's post I saw that she has more female owners than male
ones. Until recently we were owned by more males than females, which
has recently evened out. Ok, what genders of your owners, are there
any reasons to be owned by one gender over another? I'll start out,
whether that is ok or not.

Shmogg was a neutered boy cat.

Pickle is a neutred boy cat.

Suki's record's say that he is a neutered boy cat, but everything is so
fluffy around that region, I can't tell. I tend to think of Suki as a girl,
and a little princess at that - Suki is way too pretty to be a boy :-)

Yowie

Old January 14th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 13, 8:15 pm, tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

One male and four females. Winnie is a white Persian (actually he has
Persian and Himmy ancestors but he would be shown, if he were to be
shown, as a Persian. He's a jolly fellow and enjoys watching football
with Bear, our d*g, also a male, and I. The females are Maggy May,
Winnie's mom, a mottled himmy. World Class purrer. Missy, Winnie's
sister, also a mottled himmy. Hates hooomins but loves her colleagues
and Bear. Sunrise, a red Persian beauty queen and WooToo, whom I
inherited from our Mom when she went to the bridge.

One male parrot and one female, I almost forgot. Eddy and Buddy.

Will in New Haven

--

"I am thus far a Quaker, that I would gladly argue with all the world
to lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but
Old January 14th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:15:15 -0800, tanadashoes wrote:

Reading Phoenix's post I saw that she has more female owners than male
ones. Until recently we were owned by more males than females, which has
recently evened out. Ok, what genders of your owners, are there any
reasons to be owned by one gender over another? I'll start out, whether
that is ok or not.

Males: Spooky, Tigger, Ozy, Avery, Mudpie, Fleagor, Dandy, CJ, Siegmund.
Females: Fluffy, Millie, Maryweather, Snowball, Brunhilde, Sieglinde

Ozy and Millie, Avery and Mudpie, Dandy and Maryweather, and Brunhilde,
Sieglinde, and Siegmund came as sets - all 15 of them were just whatever
somebody wanted me to take.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old January 14th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

At our house we have two females and 1 male

Piglet, a female, who ran from under a brush pile when lighted to burn, a
small kitten dropped by her mom in a move to be safe from coons. Was a close
call as her first bath was to get rid of the gas smell. Piggy is a Siamese
(?) mix. She was my husbands dog and was constant companion the last two
years of his life. She tolerates me as I feed her but I know she isn't my
cat.

O. T. Mahoney a male who was gotten from some "special people" who lived in
a trailer with 15 cats and several with kittens, Flea bitten and filthy. I
helped home most of the kittens, had several adults helped to the RB, they
wee in such poor shape, and saw to it these people were told never to have
cats again. O. T. Stands for Orange Thing because that is what he is.

Whispering Willow Walker, a female, who was born in Texas of a feral mother,
and still is to some degree. She, I am told in 99 percent Himmy.

Old January 14th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Oh God, maybe too much wine tonight. Piglet was a cat, She and a dog names
scooter RB were my husbands owners and never accepted me in that role.

Old January 14th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

tanadashoes wrote:
We used to prefer males over females, then we got our first girlcat,
Tanada. She converted us to a life under her paw and now we rejoice
in being owned by both genders. We have noticed that there are
behavior differences between the two genders, but we consider them as
compliments and are glad to be owned.

Pam S. arrogant but curious

I don't know whether it's because of gender, age, or simple individual
differences, but my two are quite different. Dot, the older girl, is
opinionated, sometimes conflicted, but sensitive and loving. Buster,
the younger boy, wears his heart on his sleeve, and can be a clingy,
whiny baby-pest, but is independent in forming his own agenda.

Old January 14th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

tanadashoes wrote:

Reading Phoenix's post I saw that she has more female owners than male
ones. Until recently we were owned by more males than females, which
has recently evened out. Ok, what genders of your owners, are there
any reasons to be owned by one gender over another?

I have two girls and a boy. I've always been partial to girl kitties -
I guess I'm just a sucker for a pretty face. (Some boys have pretty
faces, too - I've ended up with a boy cat who does - but I think girl
kitties are the prettiest.)

My sister swears by male cats. She thinks they're more affectionate than
females. That hasn't been my experience. Of my 3, the boy cat is the
least affectionate. Which is not to say he's not affectionate, but the
girls are even more so.

Some friends of mine have a boy cat who is a complete love sponge. And
he adores me, so whenever I visit them, he comes running over to me and
then doesn't leave my side. I think he's kind of atypical, though.

Joyce - being mewed at, purred at, and headbutted by a Licky boy who is
obviously anxious to disprove the above

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 14th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

tanadashoes wrote:
has recently evened out. Ok, what genders of your owners, are there
any reasons to be owned by one gender over another? I'll start out,

We have 2 girls and 4 boys. We love the girls dearly, but the boys are
soooo sweet! Both the girls can be real b*tches sometimes... well, a
couple of the boys can be b*tches too.

in being owned by both genders. We have noticed that there are
behavior differences between the two genders, but we consider them as
compliments and are glad to be owned.

Oh yeah, big time differences. At least in our experience. Our boys tend
to be much more sociable than the girls.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Poll: How many.... Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 12 October 30th 07 01:02 AM
Poll, mostly OT, but could be . . . whatever. tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 16 October 8th 07 06:01 PM
New Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 11 December 3rd 06 08:29 PM
received from a Girlfriend and want to pass on to my other girlfriends (of both genders) Tanada Cat anecdotes 0 October 19th 06 08:48 AM
What Do you do? A Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 296 January 29th 05 05:53 PM