A letter from Sammy the Post Office Cat

Old January 26th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A letter from Sammy the Post Office Cat

Maybe I was the only one here who dropped a letter in the mail to Sammy the
Post Office Cat in Notasulga, AL after that woman complained a cat wasn't a
"customer" and didn't belong in the Post Office. Then a woman bought the
cat his own Post Office Box so he'd be a legal "customer".

And the letters (including mine) came flooding in. Apparently Sammy has
been getting lots of mail. Along with treats, money for vet care, toys and
catnip My goodness, we cat people surely do hate someone trying to get
rid of a "shop cat", don't we?

I got a letter from Sammy the Cat last week. Apparently the influx of mail
has kept the Post Office in this small town quite busy! He's donated most
of the toys to the Macon County Humane Society, P.O. Box 831107, Tuskegee,
AL 36083.

Sammy's letter to me said he's been sharing the treats with his sisters and
even with a canine sister, although he says the dog is not authorized to eat
the treats

A Post Script at the bottom of the letter says "the miserable complainer has
now filled out a new complaint stating I'm causing her allergies to flare.
My caregivers have recommended an antihistamine to the complaining/ailing
human."

I seriously doubt this woman has allergies. Pardon my language but I think
this is just a miserable complaining b**** who doesn't want to see a cat in
a U.S. Post Office. She certainly didn't complain about allergies before.
Until there was a backlash about her complaint.

I'm afraid people like us suggested allergies might be a legitimate reason
not to have a cat hanging out. We certainly didn't intend to assist in her
defense. I think she's just a mean-spirited old biddy.

Go Sammy! And it's nice he (and his caregivers) are suggesting the money,
kibble, treats and toys are donated to the local Humane Society.

Jill

Old January 26th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I think the miserable complainer should read the book about Dewey.....

Just a thought - maybe this person is just a plain-ol' cat/animal hater?
There ARE people like that around - somewhere... just not in our
circles....

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 26th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jan 26, 8:28*am, "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

email me at nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/mgcmdjeep- Hide quoted text -

That's *exactly* what I thought - in the book, it was described how a
ventilated building with
large open rooms wasn't reall conducive to triggering allergies just
because there was one
cat in it. And P.O.'s usually don't have carpet, or upholstery, or
even draperies -- yes, I think
Sammy's adversary is just kind of groping for a new defense now.
And yeah, sometimes I even have to stop and think that some people
just intensely dislike cats.
They just do. Hard for us to even fathom.
And some people are just born troublemakers. There is a beautiful
white statue in the mountains here
(hopitus would call them hills though)...called "Christ of the
Wichitas." Some moron decided the
statue was built on government property, which violated the separation
of church & state thing,
and fought to have it taken down becuase it ''offended" him. I'd kind
of put him and the anti-Sammy
in the same category. Just causing trouble becuase it's something she
doesn't *like*.

Sherry
Old January 26th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you for the update Jill as the news story has died down. More power
to Sammy the Post Office Cat and those who support him!
Charleen,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro,
Tiger and Tigger
and Lady Jane.

Old January 26th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Unfortunately, this Post office (from the little I saw in the video)
appeared to be an old(er) building, and tiny - almost a one-room deal. I
suggest her reading assignment be the series by Rita Mae & Sneaky Pie
Brown - those would be more fitting (everyone in the town doesn't mind the
post-mistress bringing her pets (tow cats and a dog) to work with her).

Old January 26th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

[...]

I read somewhere that people who hate cats were a rat in a previous
incarnation. (To say nothing of this one!). MLB
Old January 26th 09, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
James Weston[_3_]

the filthy yard ****ter should be sent to the local animal shelter and not
be allowed in a government building where it can cause suffering for allergy
prone people

Old January 26th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Love the idea!!!
Charleen

Old January 27th 09, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Even if she did have allergies, if she's only a customer, I don't see that
she'd have a valid complaint. If she worked there, she just might. If she
had any sense, she'd shut up about it now. Of course, if she had any sense,
she wouldn't have complained in the first place.

Joy