Can I Handle A Third Cat - More on Puff

Old September 24th 03, 05:04 PM
dgk

Default Can I Handle A Third Cat - More on Puff

I went to visit Puff yesterday outside the house where he was living.
He came right up to me to be petted. The lady next door has been
feeding Puff and told me that she took him in to her vestibule that
morning (no further because he likely has fleas) to clean up some
knots. Her cat Pewter is Puff's mom (and is now fixed) and is pretty
feral. Puff now has a flea collar (not Hartz) which isn't as good as
Frontline or Advantage but is better than nothing. I will bring some
of that over so she can apply it to Puff.

She said that one of the guys in the next house (Puff's home) might be
moving out and taking Puff with him and even if not that they would
probably take him back in during the winter. Apparently as soon as
Puff is taken back in the first thing he does is pee. They told her
that Puff was checked and does not have a UTI. Puff is fixed. She said
that she would probably take him in for the winter once it's too cold
for fleas.

She was sort of surprised that I was thinking of adopting him since,
at least in theory, the neighbors still consider him their cat. So I
spoke to my friend who wanted me to adopt him in the first place and
am trying to get to a bottom line here. I think Puff is really
adorable (he rolled over so I could pet rub his belly) but there are
many cats that are in worse shape. Their are several at my local pet
store waiting for adoption that have had owners who died and I
consider their plight somewhat worse than Puff's. Well, let's see what
the future brings.