Egads! A new box and no camera!

Old June 27th 05, 05:47 AM
jmcquown

Default Egads! A new box and no camera!

Persia has a new small shallow box she's decided to play in and she's sure
been having a good time! Scratching at it, crawling over it, squishing her
fluffy self into it. But my digital camera battery died! Luckily I was
able to order another one fairly inexpensively. But darnit, she'll lose
interest in the box by the time the battery arrives next week. (sigh) And
I'll miss all these funny photos of her stuffing herself into her new, very
small, shallow box!

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old July 3rd 05, 11:18 PM
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Persia has a new small shallow box she's decided to play in and she's sure
been having a good time! Scratching at it, crawling over it, squishing
her
fluffy self into it. But my digital camera battery died! Luckily I was
able to order another one fairly inexpensively. But darnit, she'll lose
interest in the box by the time the battery arrives next week. (sigh) And
I'll miss all these funny photos of her stuffing herself into her new,
very
small, shallow box!

I would so like my cats to do this. I read (and saw) on the group about
lots of kitties enjoying themselves in boxes. I got them some. Zero
interest in their natural state. I cut holes in the sides so they could
hide inside and get each other.
Still no interest. The boxes were in the kitchen for about two months and I
eventually took them for recycling.
Maybe it's because they are in the out a lot. I have stopped getting things
to amuse them as they don't seem to need them. They have balls,
feather-thingies, catnip mice and a shuttlecock. All scorned.

sob
Tweed

Old July 3rd 05, 11:55 PM
Christina Websell

"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Christina Websell at
wrote on 7/3/05 5:18 PM:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'm pretty certain that KFC is way too savvy for boxes and really they
both
have so much stimulous because they do go in and out freely that, yeah,
boxes probably seem pretty tame.

I guess a box can seem pretty tame when you can go out and catch mousies,
little rats and birdies 24/7.
I had a birdbath right down the garden, deliberately away from the cats, but
while I was in hospital Stan who was looking after my chickens carried it up
to be right near the house. So I could see the birds, nice thought.
He failed to realise it was just a trap for the birds and that's why I
didn't want it near the house because of the cats.
After they keep catching collared doves and other birds I have covered it up
with a tray and put plants on it. No more birdies since.

Tweed