Carey update (inappropriate urination and random aggression to other pets)

Old August 2nd 05, 12:45 PM
Janet B

Default Carey update (inappropriate urination and random aggression to other pets)

I should knock wood, but things are going really well. The upped
Cosequin combined with the Cyproheptadine, and re-intro of Prozac,
seems to be a winning combo.

Carey is not yowling, not attacking the other pets, not peeing outside
the box, and she's being her sweet and playful (or sleepy) self at
other times.

I'm hoping this continues obviously, but right now I'm feeling really
hopeful that the household can be peaceful and clean. Not ready to
stop using the plastic tablecloths on the sofas overnight, but I can
at least envision that!

Thanks everyone who has shown understanding and offered thoughts -
Carey means a lot to us and we just want to live a normal life with
her.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old August 2nd 05, 02:20 PM
Alison

"Janet B" wrote in message
I should knock wood, but things are going really well. The upped
Cosequin combined with the Cyproheptadine, and re-intro of Prozac,
seems to be a winning combo.

Carey is not yowling, not attacking the other pets, not peeing

outside
the box, and she's being her sweet and playful (or sleepy) self at
other times.

I'm hoping this continues obviously, but right now I'm feeling

really
hopeful that the household can be peaceful and clean. Not ready to
stop using the plastic tablecloths on the sofas overnight, but I can
at least envision that!

Thanks everyone who has shown understanding and offered thoughts -
Carey means a lot to us and we just want to live a normal life with
her.

I'm really pleased to hear this Paws crossed it lasts.
I was going to suggest you get in touch with Peter Neville in the UK.
He's knowledgeable about behaviour modifying drugs.
How did the pool party go?
Alison

Old August 2nd 05, 02:24 PM
ceb

Janet B wrote in
:

I should knock wood, but things are going really well. The upped
Cosequin combined with the Cyproheptadine, and re-intro of Prozac,
seems to be a winning combo.

Carey is not yowling, not attacking the other pets, not peeing outside
the box, and she's being her sweet and playful (or sleepy) self at
other times.

Yay! That's really good news!!

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old August 2nd 05, 03:16 PM
Janet B

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:20:33 +0100, "Alison"
, clicked their heels and said:

How did the pool party go?

very well, thanks. I put the cats in a quiet room, just for
everyone's well being, and I think that probably helped. She has been
very social with my in-laws who are staying (and she has seen a lot of
over her 12 years) and things have been so peaceful!