EGADS!!! Another Cat!!!

Old September 23rd 05, 12:16 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the
yard on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat
outside with food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the
food. I brought her inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is
in the bathroom (she doesn't like that) right now with food & water,
and she is *front declawed*. I'm taking her to the shelter to have
her scanned for a chip, search the lost posters & database, and if
nothing, will have her entered into the found database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

Uh oh... Ping did that to you, too. What the heck? Find that sign
on your house that says "all strays welcome"! Back during the great
depression (I have no idea what was great about it) I was told my
Scottish grandmother had some sort of mark on her house. It
indicated she would feed the hobos (it was a railroad/steel mill town
up in Ohio) if the knocked at her kitchen door. No one could ever
find the mark, but they knew it was there. My other grandmother, who
lived right next door, would chase them off with a shotgun. There
was no such mark. I wonder if cats aren't running around marking
houses?

Hope you find this kitty's owner.

Jill

I think you'll find it's the mothership that does the marking. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old September 23rd 05, 04:25 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through
the yard on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I
sat outside with food for her - she was more interested in *me*
than the food. I brought her inside (eep - I have PO'd the
residents) she is
in the bathroom (she doesn't like that) right now with food &
water, and she is *front declawed*. I'm taking her to the shelter
to have
her scanned for a chip, search the lost posters & database, and if
nothing, will have her entered into the found database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

Uh oh... Ping did that to you, too. What the heck? Find that sign
on your house that says "all strays welcome"!
Hope you find this kitty's owner.

Jill

Definately, our house is *marked*.

Just got back from the shelter - no torties reported lost (except for
a poly, which she's not), no microchip either. Am currently making
up fliers to post around, and DH & I will go around the neighborhood
this evening. We've seen her in the yard before - yesterday she let
me skritch her ears, but Max (the D-thing) was being walked in the
yard by DH & that made her very skittish.

Fortunately, when I was holding her, she let me turn her over, and
her nipples look as though she's never nursed a bitty (I double
checked, since we don't close our garage door all the way, I didn't
want any baby-bitties to be abandoned out there), so she may already
be spayed (pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease)..

Here's a link to her "found" page at MCHA (it went up fast, too -
withing 20 minutes of me submitting the request)
http://www.monroehumane.org/lostfound/story.php?ID=190

She is currently hiding behind the shower stall in the bathroom.
Porr thing is scared to death. And DH just called, he is stopping by
the grocery on the way home, and did I need/want anything? I said no
- shoulda asked for tuna or a couple cans of el-cheapo food just to
get her to eat (we have tons of dry, expensive SD for the indoor,
el-cheapo for the outdoor).

She is a beauty! Oh gosh, MMJ, I don't want you to find her slaves!
She's too pretty for words! She needs to join your household!

Jill

DH has started calling her Priscilla (Queen of the Bathroom), and I've been
calling her Miss Priss or Prissy

*sigh* we really can't afford another cat..........

Old September 23rd 05, 04:58 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

I know... maybe someone will claim her. She's too pretty and tame to be
anything but a lost girl. Still, I thought that about Persia, too, and no
one ever claimed her. Good luck!

Jill

Old September 23rd 05, 06:25 PM
Karen

On 2005-09-23 10:25:39 -0500, "Magic Mood Jeep�" said:

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
[...]

She is SUCH a pretty cat, I would think you could adopt her out pretty
easily. In the Mean time you are a safe haven.

Old September 24th 05, 02:59 AM
badwilson

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
[...]

Oh, I'm sure she'll be spayed. If she's declawed, she'll also be
spayed. Purrs for you to find her hoomins.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old September 24th 05, 06:41 PM
Magic Mood Jeep

We will be giving her a bath (eep) sometime soon, putting frontline on her
and then she has an appt with the vet on Tuesday late afternoon to get
tested for "the nasties" and a general checkup, plus shots (Just In Case).
Also to have her ears checked - they seem to be dirty. Could be mites, or
could be that she just can't clean them very well, what with being declawed.
I'm not going to bitch about her being declawed, unless I find out that she
was intentionally let outside or dumped (there is that possibility), or left
behind when someone moved . The first 3 cats DH & I got we had declawed
(Smokey, Tennessee & Ivy (RB)), front only. Then we learned what it really
is, and all the others are *NOT*. In fact, I now regret having those 3
declawed. Our vet does not declaw - Lynn (the receptionist/vet tech) joked
with me that when people call to ask, she wants to tell them that "no, we do
not declaw, but we do re-upholster furniture in a shop out back".

Anyway - about what may become Cat #9:

DH started calling her Priscilla (Queen of the Bathroom), I have been
calling her Priss, Prissy or Miss Priss. She loves being petted & loved on,
but not picked up & held. If you pick her up an put her on your lap and
just skritch her without holding her, she's fine. It's the holding. This
morning, DH siad he went in there to pay some attention to her, as well as
feed her, Smokey ran in there (the bathroom *used* to be Smokey's room),
sniffed noses with her, then ignored her and started eating her food! Ping
stuck his head in the door today too, but I didn't let him in all the way.
I've seen Mimi, Moe & Ernie laying on the floor outside the door, wondering
who has confiscated the bathroom & it's litterbox - they may have even been
playing 'footsie' under the door with her (that door has a big gap under it,
just over an inch). Speaking of litterboxes, when I scooped yesterday, she
hadn't peed yet, but she did leave about a foot-long #2 in there, unburied
and smelly.

I did run an ad in the local paper (DH grumped about the cost of the ad, the
cost of the fliers I printed, the cost of her vet appt, the cost of gas used
driving around posting the fliers... he was a grump this morning) and also
posted 'classifieds' on petfinder.com, lostpaws.com, and tabbytracker.com

When we returned home this morning, there was a message on the machine from
an elderly woman who saw the ad in the paper,she was missing a 17-year old
tortie. I called her and asked her a few questions, her's is ashort-haired
& fully clawed. DH wanted to offer her Prissy. I gave him a weird look and
said we should wait & see what happens, but we are saving her message/phone
# for later.

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
We have been seeing a long-haired tortoise shell cruising through the
yard on a couple of occasions. She came up to me today when I sat
outside with food for her - she was more interested in *me* than the
food. I brought her inside (eep - I have PO'd the residents) she is
in the bathroom (she doesn't like that) right now with food & water,
and she is *front declawed*. I'm taking her to the shelter to have
her scanned for a chip, search the lost posters & database, and if
nothing, will have her entered into the found database.

*sigh*

I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....

--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)

Old September 25th 05, 10:06 PM
Cheryl

On Fri 23 Sep 2005 11:25:39a, Magic Mood Jeep wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

DH has started calling her Priscilla (Queen of the Bathroom),
and I've been calling her Miss Priss or Prissy

*sigh* we really can't afford another cat..........

Hard when they choose you. I know what you mean, though. Purrs that
you find her home.

--
Cheryl
Old September 28th 05, 12:23 PM
SuzQ

MMJ wrote:
I think I need to start my *own* animal shelter....
You mean you haven't ? ;o)
Suz