Brave driver saves kitten on Russian highway

Old December 15th 16, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

Default Brave driver saves kitten on Russian highway

I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie
Old December 15th 16, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_5_]

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 5:25:41 AM UTC-6, Rusty wrote:
I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie

yay

Old December 16th 16, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Rusty wrote:

I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Yikes!! That was hard to watch, even though I knew it had a happy ending.
I guess this was taken from a surveillance camera? I hope so - otherwise,
someone was standing there filming this, and not doing anything!

What a great guy, though. He really did risk his life. People get killed
all the time on freeways, trying to do a good deed. He should get a
commendation.

I wonder why the kitten was rolling around like that, at the beginning
of the video. Could someone have just tossed it onto the road?

Joyce
--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old December 16th 16, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 11:02:19 PM UTC-5, Bastette wrote:
Rusty wrote:

I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Yikes!! That was hard to watch, even though I knew it had a happy ending.
I guess this was taken from a surveillance camera? I hope so - otherwise,
someone was standing there filming this, and not doing anything!

What a great guy, though. He really did risk his life. People get killed
all the time on freeways, trying to do a good deed. He should get a
commendation.

I wonder why the kitten was rolling around like that, at the beginning
of the video. Could someone have just tossed it onto the road?

Maybe the 'draft' from the cars driving by caused the kitten to roll around.
Wonder how it ended up in the highway in the first place.

Winnie

Joyce
--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.

Old December 16th 16, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:25:41 AM UTC-5, Rusty wrote:
I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie

It looks like it fell from the underneath of a car and rolled.
Old December 17th 16, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/15/2016 6:25 AM, Rusty wrote:
I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie

Bless that man! Even though I knew (from you) the kitten survived I was
on pins and needles until he stopped and rescued the kitten.

Jill
Old December 17th 16, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 12/15/2016 6:25 AM, Rusty wrote:
I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie

Bless that man! Even though I knew (from you) the kitten survived I was
on pins and needles until he stopped and rescued the kitten.

Exactly! Some of them came so close to running right over it. Luckily it
was a short video, or I wouldn't have any fingernails left.

--
No one should try to hit another's bumper. But bumper bumpage is a part of
life. Yawn and get on with it. -- Gene Weingarten
Old December 17th 16, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/16/2016 8:01 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 12/15/2016 6:25 AM, Rusty wrote:
I am glad the kitten survived with all those cars buzzing by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAMr0zluw0

Winnie

Bless that man! Even though I knew (from you) the kitten survived I was
on pins and needles until he stopped and rescued the kitten.

Exactly! Some of them came so close to running right over it. Luckily it
was a short video, or I wouldn't have any fingernails left.

Fortunately the kitten sort of froze in one spot. Some of the vehicles
clearly went over where it was cowering but they didn't hit it because
it didn't move. I doubt it was old enough to take off at a run. Even
if it could have, the poor thing must have been terrified. (I know *I*
was, just watching it.) You can see some people obviously swerving
around to avoid hitting it. But only one man stopped to help. Kudos to
him!

I wonder if there will be a follow up story. Will he adopt the kitten?
I'll have to look.

And yes, like others, I have to wonder how the kitten got there. I
doubt it just wandered onto a busy highway somewhere in Russia.

Jill