Tessie's turning into a right hoolikitten!

Old March 13th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Tessie's turning into a right hoolikitten!

I wondered why the volume of growling, hissing and cat-to-cat-contact
had suddenly gone up last week and I realised why - she's irresistably
attracted to movement (especially twitching tails!) And since the
other two cats are used to her they're more relaxed in her presence
and they're not immediately chasing her from the room - so Silver
might be lying there peacefully with her tail dangling over the edge
of the bed, and next thing you know, there's a black kitten attached
to it! Tessie will also come up to Silver on a regular basis for a few
rounds of catboxing, or a game of chasey... Silver puts up with it for
a little while but then she gets tired of it, and Tessie doesn't take
a hint easily, hence the alarming degree of noise.

Another favourite game of Tessie's is to hide under the bed and to
pounce out at anything that she sees moving past her - especially
toes. It's cute, but I'll be happy when she grows out of it because I
always have bare feet inside! Scouty and Silver were a good few months
older when we adopted them and they were a lot less aggressive in
their play...
Old March 14th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
I wondered why the volume of growling, hissing and cat-to-cat-contact
had suddenly gone up last week and I realised why - she's irresistably
attracted to movement (especially twitching tails!)

I am glad to see you back and glad that Tessie is making herself at
home!

Yes, we would have less growling in our house if Smokey could resist
the urge to jump on Nocturne's back...you'd think that, after countless
swats across the face he would remember how much she dislikes it...

--Fil

Old March 14th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What a joy to see you back, and with a great tale about Tessie!! She
feels secure and at home with you all, happy and having a great time.
She's a handful to contend with now but no doubt will grow into a
sedate little lady at ease with herself and Silver and Scout.

(Purrs for your poor toes!!!)

Jeanne

Old March 14th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Way to go, Tessie! It's great to see you fitting in.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 14th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

What a great story!

Pua and Tyrone chase and do the toe snatching thing as well; they're
absolute hoolikittens. They, like Tessie, grab for anything that moves.
Thank goodness, though, because a 3 foot non-poisonous black snake came in
the house yesterday and they were *on* it. They chased it right under the
screen door! I was standing on a chair screaming hysterically on the phone
to my husband (who was laughing on the other end). I'm so glad I have
boisterous kitties! They kill all bugs for me and chase out snakes. Gotta
love 'em. :~)

kili

Old March 14th 06, 10:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Oh, geez I wish I had your non-venemous black snakes! Ours are around 1-2 m
and deadly.......want to swap?

Old March 14th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Um, I don't think so! We've got plenty of poisonous ones as well. :~)

kili

Old March 14th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I just wish the poisonous ones here were bright pink, or wore a sign or
something....it's pretty hard to tell at first glance whether they're deadly
or not, as some of the greeny brown ones are deadly, and some of them
aren't....but you just don't exactly wait to find out, do you! Another
reason to keep cats inside in australia.....

Old March 14th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I know what you mean; I don't let my cats outdoors either. One key about
snakes here in Florida is, if the snake has a head that is round or
straight, chances are it's not poisonous. If it has "cheeks", then it's a
viper. I don't know if it works the same way in Australia.

kili

Old March 14th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message

"meee" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I wish!! Unfortunately they all look the same. Black snakes are tolerated as
they are mostly non aggressive and keep brown snakes away, as they eat them.
Brown snakes and taipans are the worst, as they're very agressive and hard
to spot. They can look like any little grass snake, and they blend into the
background.....urrgh