cat sitting for Biscuit girl

Old May 31st 04, 08:05 AM

Default cat sitting for Biscuit girl

I'm staying at a friend's house this weekend (about 40 miles away) to
take care of Biscuit, her sweet, chubby, blue-eyed tortie girl. This
kitty loves attention! One game she likes is for a person to chase her
down the long hallway to her cat tree. It's pretty funny to see her
waddle at top speed down the hall (with me galumphing behind her - I'm
no Kate Moss, either ). We're both getting our exercise.

She's very cuddly and has quite a loud motor. If my face is anywhere
near her face, she'll try to lick my mouth - and she does try to get
*inside* my mouth (which I usually manage to avoid). Also, she likes to
groom, and I've had the pleasure of getting all the hair on one side
of my head thoroughly cleaned.

Tomorrow I go back home to my 3 monsters, and then on Tuesday, it's off
to another catsitting job - with Lorna, the one-eyed calico hoolikitten
and Van Gogh, her extremely shy brother (who, yes, has part of one ear
missing).

I think this is the perfect career for me!

Joyce
Old May 31st 04, 09:28 AM
lrulan

Joyce, cgts. Glad to hear you are enjoying your catsitting. Love to hear
about the babies.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old June 1st 04, 12:45 AM

MaryL -out-the-litter wrote:

I wondered the same thing as Elisabet. I used a pet sitter last summer.
She came in twice a day to take care of my cats, play with them, etc.
However, she went home to her own house every day. Your description makes
it sound like your own cats are left alone while you pet sit for others. I
hope there is a different explanation. Was there anyone else at your own
home during this time? If not, I would like to suggest that you look into
catsitting on a "visitation" basis where you would charge by the number of
visits (but require at least one visit per day).

I was only gone for 2 nights. I do sometimes sleep over at people's
houses for longer periods, but only if they're close enough that I can
come home every day, and only go back in the evening. But in this case,
I stayed there for both nights without coming home. I left my cats
alone with two huge bowls full of dry food (plenty was left when I got
back today) and 3 bowls of water (plenty left of that, too). And they
all had each other, so at I don't think they got too lonely. They're
happy to see me now that I'm home, and it doesn't look like anyone was
traumatized by my short absence!

Joyce

Gabby girl Mishi Cat anecdotes 16 May 13th 04 11:59 AM
Cat Sitting fuga =^o^= Cat anecdotes 2 December 19th 03 12:40 AM
Rude girl Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 1 November 5th 03 07:40 PM