Ping Victor - OT

Old September 19th 04, 02:52 PM
CatNipped

Default Ping Victor - OT

Victor, how is your mom doing on her road to recovery from her surgery? Is
she still staying with your sister, or is she able to cope on her own now?
We're still sending purrs, cybers hugs, happy thoughts, and meatloaf
meditations that she'll continue to improve swiftly and completely.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 19th 04, 03:04 PM
Victor Martinez

Thanks for asking! Mom got home yesterday and she is doing great. She
couldn't wait to get home and didn't want to listen to my two sisters in
Mexico City who insisted she should stay longer and avoid traveling this
weekend (Sept 16 is Mexico's Independence Day, so a bunch of people took
a long weekend, which means lost of drunks out there on the roads). My
mom is the kind of person who makes up her own mind though, so she
bought a bus ticket (she felt she would be more comfortable in a first
class bus than in a car, they have seats like those in first class on an
airplane). Anyhow, my sister Veronica drove her to the bus station, got
down with her and bought a ticket too! She accompanied my mom home, ate
lunch and then went back to Mexico City. Eight hours in a bus, which
according to my mom was completely unnecessary since she is doing
peachy.
They take the stitches out tomorrow, which is hard to believe. She says
she will start walking a little bit in the morning, and slowly restart
her excercise regime, which includes brisk walking, weight exercises,
and tai-chi. I think my mom is going to be around for a while, like her
aunt Ernestina, who is 84 years old and works full-time as a University
professor, researcher, and psichiatrist (sp?) in a prison. She is one
amazing character...

Thanks again for your concern, my mom is very touched that so many
people from so many places were thinking about her. She sends her best
regards and thanks.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 19th 04, 03:27 PM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
[...]

That's amazing! Please send my hugs to your sister for being such a loving,
caring daughter (all of you were obviously reared very well, so praise to
your mom for doing such a great job).

They take the stitches out tomorrow, which is hard to believe. She says
she will start walking a little bit in the morning, and slowly restart
her excercise regime, which includes brisk walking, weight exercises,
and tai-chi. I think my mom is going to be around for a while, like her
aunt Ernestina, who is 84 years old and works full-time as a University
professor, researcher, and psichiatrist (sp?) in a prison. She is one
amazing character...

How wonderful! My mom is 78 and she goes to dance classes twice a week,
bowls in a bowling league 3 times a week, and walks 5 miles everyday. Isn't
it great when you know you have such good genes? ; I'm so glad because I
feel like I won't have to face her loss any time soon loud knocking on
wood.

Thanks again for your concern, my mom is very touched that so many
people from so many places were thinking about her. She sends her best
regards and thanks.

Please send her my best "you're very welcome".

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 19th 04, 03:33 PM
Adrian

Victor Martinez wrote:
SNIP
Thanks again for your concern, my mom is very touched that so many
people from so many places were thinking about her. She sends her best
regards and thanks.

I'm glad to hear your mother is doing so well. Purrs that she's still
going strong way past 100.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.